Watching the game again this game is all on Daboll

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Claypool is an animal. We don’t have that kind of WR who will just fly over the middle and use his body in the line of duty. We need a 6’ 6” beast WR who will just go rhino mode when you need it. 

Davis has shown the ability to be that guy. The problem is he was only in 36% or so of snaps.

1 minute ago, AuntieEm said:

That's on you not on the team in any way.  I'm never embarrassed by being a Bills fan. I hate they lost 4 in a row but the 90's teams were very entertaining and am glad they were the Bills team.  Today's Bill's are fun to watch easy to, root for and very entertaining.  I certainly want them to win the SB, but as a fan I am perfectly fine with watching great football no matter the final outcome. I get a sense of disappointment after losses more for the players I don't take it as a personal loss as I don't take their wins as personal wins.

Sounds to me yiu are more of a fan of the W/L column than a Bills fan.  And that's fine if that is what is most important to you personally.  To me I enjoy seeing the Bills players succeed but it is always their success not mine and I just observe the ups and downs of the process.  It's more enjoyable in many ways when its not overly easy.  Bumps make the journey interesting.  

I'm almost convinced they throw in these bumps deliberately because otherwise some really questionable strategy is being put on display.  Now is that on purpose or did the coaches just really drop the ball.

There are just too many possibilities that could exist for me to get worked up over.  I'll see what develops further. Otherwise why not just pin your hopes to the outcome of the first coin toss.    Oh no we lost the toss there goes any chance at a perfect season......

We play to win the game. Super Bowls. Anything else is a feel good story to cope. We are either the best, or we aren’t. Maybe I’m to demanding. Maybe I’m a fanatic. Maybe I’m unrealistic with my expectations. If you are just happy watching football and losing, then have at it. That just means management can just do whatever they want and never feel they have to win because fans will accept anything. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Bills69 said:

I think Daboll got figured out since the play offs. Yesterday game was very similar to KC : leading at halftime, they make adjustments and he doesn't.  Smae goes for the defense int the second half. 

We sucked against Pitt last year too.  And we built the entire gameplan yesterday around their heavy blitz scheme in the 2020 game.  This year they didn't blitz and we didn't adjust to create space in the zones or create time for allen to operate.

6 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

McVay has one game with Stafford. They might be a top five Super Bowl contender this year. Or not. We don't know yet.

And yeah, Allen had less than 300 yards. How was Daboll holding him back when Allen overthrew a wide open Sanders on that bomb? Sorry, but Allen had a bunch of poor throws today. You like Allen, so you're trying not to put any of the blame on him. That doesn't make sense. He deserves a lot of the blame today, just as McDermott and Daboll deserve a lot of the credit for last year.

the packers got blown out yesterday, and i fully expect them to be a playoff team.  

10 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Bottom line - team was not ready. Not like Pitt was either, but they stuck around, made less mistakes and took advantage when needed to pull out the win. I still think we would beat that Pitt team 8 out of 10 times. Hopefully just a bump in the round and not an indication of the season ahead. But if I am a DC playing the Bills I am watching this game and the KC playoff game. 

Agree other Dcs will look at tape what beat the Bills.  Might be just what the coaches want on tape to be used by opposing DCs.  Then again they maybe just had a bad day all around.  It happens. I will bet everyone on here that works or has worked has had at least one day that everything that could go wrong did.  So it could be the reason for yesterday.  Not enough info to know for sure.  The way they play every next game is more important. Gotta take one game at a time   and one play at a time.  

Edited by AuntieEm
Corrections

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

LOL but this time They only screwed us on the White int, that was a TERRIBLE call and had White got that I think we win.

If a guy on special teams doesn't just up and decide to let a rusher come in unblocked.. we win.

If, ifs and buts were candy and nuts then we'd all be having a merry Christmas

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I ALSO WANT ALL designed runs from Allen GONE and out of this offense.  If he isnt doing it organically on a pass, the ONLY time I want these Designed runs are 3rd and 4th and Short and in the endzone with a pass option to the rollout.  or like a QB Draw.  

Absolutely.  100%.  I hate it when Allen runs on a designed run.  Flirting with disaster.  Dumb as hell imo

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bills69 said:

I think Daboll got figured out since the play offs. Yesterday game was very similar to KC : leading at halftime, they make adjustments and he doesn't.  Smae goes for the defense int the second half. 

It feels more like Daboll figured himself out since the entire game plan played right into Pitt's strengths and made it easier for them. Not to take anything away from the Steelers who have a very talented team, but we were our own worst enemy yesterday.

Heck, I could DC against that offense yesterday. "Oh, theyre going 5 wide? DL go eat. Everyone else drop back. Done"

2 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Absolutely.  100%.  I hate it when Allen runs on a designed run.  Flirting with disaster.  Dumb as hell imo

Ehh. On the contrary, I think Josh could have used some designed runs right from the beginning to help him settle into the game. And it would have also helped keep Pitt honest.

First possession, starting on PItt's own 20... If we really are going to use an empty backfield, then they should have ran Josh up the middle on some draws. Give the defense ANY reason to not be settled.

I'm not worried about him taking hits if it's just a couple of plays, and they are known designed runs. Get some yards and get down. The scrambles are when I get worried because he's still looking to throw, and guys arent blocking as expected (since it's basically a broken play at that point).

Edited by DrDawkinstein

11 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We play to win the game. Super Bowls. Anything else is a feel good story to cope. We are either the best, or we aren’t. Maybe I’m to demanding. Maybe I’m a fanatic. Maybe I’m unrealistic with my expectations. If you are just happy watching football and losing, then have at it. That just means management can just do whatever they want and never feel they have to win because fans will accept anything. 

Where are the fans happy with losing? I think what is at issue here is your flawed reasoning as to why they are losing.

33 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Victory. Should have said victory. He was there purely because of McVay. If Goff does it again, I will eat a pile of cow dung. 

Is Josh Allen a top 5 QB? I believe so. If that is the case, then he is capable of bringing a super bowl win to Buffalo. If he doesn’t within the next 4 years, then the blame will be on management. I feel Allen has potential to be the greatest of all time, and I feel his OC is holding him back. But time will tell. 

Or it will be on the Top 5 QB. Not being a Top 5 QB. That’s the reality of the situation 

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If you rewatch the game(if you can stomach  it) the Steelers only rushed 4 and did very little “Blitzburgh” stuff.  
  They where begging the Bills to take the ball out of Josh’s hands and run it the Bills didn’t….that’s 4 games in row now teams are telling you we are not letting Allen beat us.
  Daboll literally seems to have no confidence in our ability to run the ball or he truely is a one trick pony pass every down and pray we make the end zone coordinator.
  The truth is this is very fixable it was one game but it is a larger problem that the league has figured out Daboll and now he must adjust we shall see if he does.  

You might be on to something....going back to the playoffs last year in the last 3 games the Bills offense have scored 4 total TD's (Ravens x1, Chiefs x2 and Steelers x1).

Also worth noting against the Chiefs 1 TD was scored after the muffed punt in the 1st quarter when we were set up with 1st and goal, the other in the 4th quarter garbage time.

The more you dig, the picture is not pretty and all the criticism being piled on Allen/Daboll/McD/etc appears to be justified at the moment. This team needs to turn it on in a big way these next 3 games before they head to KC again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

You might be on to something....going back to the playoffs last year in the last 3 games the Bills offense have scored 4 total TD's (Ravens x1, Chiefs x2 and Steelers x1).

Also worth noting against the Chiefs 1 TD was scored after the muffed punt in the 1st quarter when we were set up with 1st and goal, the other in the 4th quarter garbage time.

The more you dig, the picture is not pretty and all the criticism being piled on Allen/Daboll/McD/etc appears to be justified at the moment. This team needs to turn it on in a big way these next 3 games before they head to KC again.

I’ve reached the conclusion that it’s either not good enough WR talent, the coaching is underachieving, or Allen isn’t a top tier QB. 

Im leaning towards coaching as the issue now. The WRs like Diggs and Beasley have produced well outside of Buffalo, and in fact Allen elevated their numbers. That tells me it’s not really an Allen or a WR issue. That leads me to the coaching/play calling. On top of all of this you have Allen making public comments on how he wants to change plays as he sees fit. So I think we deep down know the problem. 
This also explains why Daboll isn’t a head coach. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If you rewatch the game(if you can stomach  it) the Steelers only rushed 4 and did very little “Blitzburgh” stuff.  
  They where begging the Bills to take the ball out of Josh’s hands and run it the Bills didn’t….that’s 4 games in row now teams are telling you we are not letting Allen beat us.
  Daboll literally seems to have no confidence in our ability to run the ball or he truely is a one trick pony pass every down and pray we make the end zone coordinator.
  The truth is this is very fixable it was one game but it is a larger problem that the league has figured out Daboll and now he must adjust we shall see if he does.  

Odd that we don’t have a QB who can audible out of those bad calls, eh? Allen was mediocre at best yesterday. He gets heaps of praise, in this case he deserves blame for a weak game.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

Without a blocked punt returned for a touchdown, an interception overturned on a questionable call, and a DPI on 3rd and long we are singing the Bills praises non-stop today.  Without those and one or two dumbo decisions, we win by two touchdowns.  It's not the way we wanted the Bills to start, but they did show improvement on defense.  The Bills need to find a way to gain chunks of yards against the light boxes and they'll win these sorts of games easily.  Also, is it possible to go back to a 2-step punt?  By the time he takes all those steps to punt the ball, he is nearly at the line of scrimmage.

I doubt we would be singing their praises.  More like feeling fortunate to squeak by.  

How do we win by 2 touchdowns when we didn’t even score 2 touchdowns?   

You want to go back to the 2 step punt?  Bring the old punter back, or bring in someone else that kicks it in two steps.  It is not what we have and Haack isn’t going to be retrained by Sunday.  That punt would have been blocked on any punter. The Steeler blocked it while standing there.  

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I doubt we would be singing their praises.  More like feeling fortunate to squeak by.  

You want to go back to the 2 step punt?  Bring the old punter back, or bring in someone else that kicks it in two steps.  It is not what we have and Haack isn’t going to be retrained by Sunday.  That punt would have been blocked on any punter. The Steeler blocked it while standing there.  

Exactly.  The Steeler didn't even have to lay out to block the punt.  One step, two steps, three steps...wouldn't matter.  It was still going to be blocked.

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Hypothetical math does add up.

We lost by 7

No blocked punt?  7 point swing, depending on what the Steelers would have done with their drive.

INT called back, Steelers got 3 points that drive, and the INT was returned into FG range at least.  6 or 10 point swing.

DPI - 7 point swing.  It would have been 4th down.

We kicked a FG on first down while driving at the end of the game.

5 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

No, I just want accountability. I want to win super bowls. I’m tired of being embarrassed as a Bills fan. I love my Bills and it hurts to know we haven’t sniffed a super bowl for various reasons. If we can’t beat KC and other elite teams then we need better talent or better talent evaluators or coaches. No more being happy to just have a team in Buffalo. 

The 1970's would have killed you, snowflake. 

• Haha (+1) 1