Hypothetical: Do the Bills win if we give Singletary 25 carries?

6 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

No.  15 more play action passes I do.  

You have to actually run the ball for anyone to be fooled by the play action. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He never came close to 25 carries in any game last year.  Won 13.

I agree…that he did that…last year. This is a new year and the league has 19 more games of tape on us. 

2 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I agree…that he did that…last year. This is a new year and the league has 19 more games of tape on us. 

The tapes confirm:   "Singletary won't run more than 20 times".

The mindset of this team is to have the ball in Josh hands as much as possible. That said I do think in our losses Daboll appears to be unable to balance out the game. This was a good example of a time maybe you run the ball a bit to take the pressure of Allen who seemed of his game. Maybe that allows him to settle down a bit. I also want less of those designed Allen runs that put him spots to get destroyed. Some of them are juts so painfully obvious you know he is going to take a lick. And I hate hate hate the one option only plays. Allows at least have an outlet. That flea flicker could have still worked if there was another option, but is was all or anything. 

11 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

No you dont.  Play action is more effect than drop back passing.  Even without an established run game.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

The mindset of this team is to have the ball in Josh hands as much as possible. That said I do think in our losses Daboll appears to be unable to balance out the game. This was a good example of a time maybe you run the ball a bit to take the pressure of Allen who seemed of his game. Maybe that allows him to settle down a bit. I also want less of those designed Allen runs that put him spots to get destroyed. Some of them are juts so painfully obvious you know he is going to take a lick. And I hate hate hate the one option only plays. Allows at least have an outlet. That flea flicker could have still worked if there was another option, but is was all or anything. 

I dont want to run 25 times a games.  I want Josh to run less than 4 times.  Thats 5 carries to the backs.  Those extra runs out of 21 under center.   Utilize Allens rare athletic ability and roll him out to stretch the field. Its not a complete ***** show.  Buffalo darn near had 400 yards of offense.  Play the averages better, manufactor easy completions, utilize a formation that keeps the defense guessing.  All spread all the time fills a stat sheet but hard to control a game. 

19 hours ago, Mat68 said:

No you dont.  Play action is more effect than drop back passing.  Even without an established run game.  

play action also turns the QBs back to the line and with that pass rush last Sunday, you want Allen seeing the early rush as soon as possible so he can use his mobility. 

I don't want to run the ball a lot more but having a back in the backfield and forcing the defense to respect the run..........or then using that RB in pass pro or as a safety valve receiving option..........is much more valuable than just running him out to the boundary to be an unusable receiver (as they did Sunday).

If Singletary gets that wide he might as well keep going and get a drink of water.   You are playing 10 versus 11 when you do that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

play action also turns the QBs back to the line and with that pass rush last Sunday, you want Allen seeing the early rush as soon as possible so he can use his mobility. 

No, I want zone defenders to change there cues and take a false step or no step.  Give Allen a clearer picture with easier reads.  Im not saying do it every time but straight drop back passing wasnt efficient.  Mix up what the defense is seeing.  You do that with motion and play action.  

23 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

He averaged 6.5 yards on 11 carries. How much does another 14 carries change the game? 

Personally, Josh throwing 51 times isn’t sustainable, and we did him zero favors by not establishing the run. 

If he scored a couple of touchdowns, yes it would have changed the game.

I think they bring Moss back in this week and run the ball more.  Breida didn't show much, and why they take their supposed speed back and run him up the middle is a mystery.  Methinks Sean had a bit of a sit down with Daboll this week and told him to stop the cute stuff.  

Singletary stops at the line, then gets tackled, making Minkah Fitzpatrick look like Ray Lewis. 10 seconds later, refs stop play to announce holding on Dawkins for the gazillionth time in the first quarter. Drive ends in a blocked punt because Murphy stepped to the outside on max protect.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:14 AM, Bangarang said:

We didn’t win 13 games and have one of the league’s best offenses last year by giving our RBs 25 carries. 

True!  But we lost both KC games, Tennessee , and squeaked by in those playoff games.   We easily could have lost the colts game.  Big thing is looking at beating the KC, the Bucs ran and Cleveland , who almost beat KC on the road, are strong competitors and they almost won by running and keeping Mahomes off the field.  We need to do that against the Bucs, Saints, and Kc just n the regular season , and things go up a notch in the post season.  When you throw so much you are prone to quick 3& outs if Allen is off at all and that’s all Mahomes and Brady need is an extra possession or two additionally.  Running is a way to run clock and keep those two guys we have not beaten recently off the field.  If we do another 51 pass vs 11 carries by our RBS in thise gabs again, I am pretty sure we will see the same results.  It’s about enforcing your will , esp by the o line and not getting your ass handed to you.  We have struggle for years against Brady, Mahomes has owned us so far , doing the same O will be defended just like the Steelers did.  Heck, the Bucs figured out how to slow down Mahomes with their D , in addition to the Bucs running game having good success. So they will stop our pass happy o  as they have a dominant d line similar to Pittsburgh.  We need some legit balance to make pass action need to be respected. We need to protect our franchise qb as well.