Hypothetical: Do the Bills win if we give Singletary 25 carries?

we ran 25 times, that is More than enough.  that is a 50/50 ratio.

I want the ratio closer to 60 / 40 Pass to run when the season is over.  

EDIT- Ignore my poor Monday Math, I will leave it here though to remind myself I am an idiot.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I mean 25 feature back runs. Not Josh falling forward into linebackers 9 times. 

You can take Josh's 9 runs and hand them to Singletary that is fine.  I hate the designed Runs, except the QB sneaks.  Thats fine.  But I also do not want to RUN more

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

we ran 25 times, that is More than enough.  that is a 50/50 ratio.

I want the ratio closer to 60 / 40 Pass to run when the season is over.  

In what world is 51 pass attempts and 25 run attempts a 50/50 split? 

Wouldn't a 50/50 splits be 25 runs and 25 passes? or am I missing something.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

We had SIXTEEN total run plays that didn't include Allen and one of those was McKenzie.  

And I think 5 of the 16 were on the last drive.  

It was not in the game plan at all.  We thought we could hold up their front 4 in pass pro and made a terrible mistake.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

In what world is 51 pass attempts and 25 run attempts a 50/50 split? 

Wouldn't a 50/50 splits be 25 runs and 25 passes? or am I missing something.

My bad monday and math never good. 

But 25 total runs is right about where I want to be

• Like (+1) 1

Most of his yards were in garbage time.  I expect if we went in run heavy, Pitt would have adjusted and stopped us there.  We're not a good running team, probably the best we can do there is the occasional run to keep Ds honest.  We have to get faster at executing regardless of run or pass though, every play yesterday just looked lethargic.  The scheme worked against us.  The only good plays were a result of amazing individual effort versus good design.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Most of his yards were in garbage time.  I expect if we went in run heavy, Pitt would have adjusted and stopped us there.  We're not a good running team, probably the best we can do there is the occasional run to keep Ds honest.  We have to get faster at executing regardless of run or pass though, every play yesterday just looked lethargic.  The scheme worked against us.  The only good plays were a result of amazing individual effort versus good design.

There was 9 mins left in the game down by 10 when he ran for 15 and then 25. Is that garbage time? 

Edited by quinnearlysghost88
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

He averaged 6.5 yards on 11 carries. How much does another 14 carries change the game? 

Personally, Josh throwing 51 times isn’t sustainable, and we did him zero favors by not establishing the run. 

Singletary is not starting RB material in this league,  i don't care that he worked out and got bigger.  He is not fast enough and not fluid enough to make catches,  he also had two fumbles yesterday. The guy relied on making people miss in college and is only on this team because Beane does not want to admit he made mistake drafting him in the 3rd round.  The offence will not get to an elite level until that position is upgraded just like most were calling for after the loss to KC.  The guy had a grand total of 8 yards on 3 catches.  Why were the Bills looking to upgrade last season before the trade deadline?  position of weakness last year and i see very little improvement.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Eastport bills said:

No because our O-line has not established they can run bock, and Daboll thinks they can get away with last year's empty set, 4and 5 receiver, quick strike offense.

And they will.....not against fronts like Pitt, Wash, or Tampa unless Josh plays near perfect.