Can someone explain to me why Gabe Davis does not have equal snap count to Diggs?

Ramza86

7 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I find it odd sanders seems so disliked. All the guy does is get open. Receiver is similar to the D line, everyone has a bit of a rotation. More snaps doesn’t always include more production. Davis is going to have plenty of chances to shine. 

Thinking maybe it's the Duke crowd looking for their new "guy".  Davis is good, but Sanders will have a huge impact before it's all said and done. Josh will develop timing with him and it's gonna be tough on defenses. Should have had a TD in game 1. Timing just off.

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dude it was overthrown by like 2 yards.. that's like a few steps for pro wide receiver... 10 yard overthrow and it would be a concern

That's timing at the end of the day.. in 1-2 months him and Sanders will be in connection

Aaron Rodgers couldn't throw a deep ball coming out of Cal.. it took him years of sitting on the bench to hone it 

Slowing the play down it was five-six feet away.. that's literally two strides for Emmanuel Sanders... That's chemistry that will get cleaned up in time.. he has very little live action chemistry with him 

If he still missing that in a month... Then maybe there's some concern

Thank you... I can't believe the attention that play is getting. I just rewatched it to make sure I wasn't crazy and yep it lands barely two yards in front of him. People are acting like Allen threw it out of the stadium. It was just poor timing from Allen to Sanders. 2019 John Brown walks that into the end zone. The margin of error is higher with a slower receiver like Sanders. Even Gabe Davis I think catches that. Allen hit Davis for a bunch of TDs at that depth last year. The timing with Sanders will come.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I find it odd sanders seems so disliked. All the guy does is get open. Receiver is similar to the D line, everyone has a bit of a rotation. More snaps doesn’t always include more production. Davis is going to have plenty of chances to shine. 

I don't think people dislike Sanders as much as they like Davis. We drafted the kid and he had an amazing rookie season so people, including me, were excited to see him get to work as the #2 with a year of experience under him. Sanders just disrupted that.

Now I don't know if Davis is better than Sanders or not but I thought he was underutilized yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, MPT said:

I don't think people dislike Sanders as much as they like Davis. We drafted the kid and he had an amazing rookie season so people, including me, were excited to see him get to work as the #2 with a year of experience under him. Sanders just disrupted that.

Now I don't know if Davis is better than Sanders or not but I thought he was underutilized yesterday.

I read multiple comments of dropping sanders and bringing smoke back was more my reference on people disliking sanders. Davis needs to continue earning it and staying hungry. They can’t keep him off the field when he continues to produce. At the same time, it’s a long season, we might need him a lot more later on when we have injuries or these older vets start getting a little gassed out. Young fresh legs and all. 

15 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Sanders was consistently open yesterday and freed himself for a big TD catch only to see it badly overthrown. Sanders finished top three in the NFL last year in getting separation. He is good.

When you are at the game and not watching the TV broadcast, the amount of times Sanders and McKenzie got open down field with the ball getting checked down to Beasley was Tyrod level bad. Let's just hope Josh turns the dial back up next week. 5 yards a pass, horrible. 

49 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Thank you... I can't believe the attention that play is getting. I just rewatched it to make sure I wasn't crazy and yep it lands barely two yards in front of him. People are acting like Allen threw it out of the stadium. It was just poor timing from Allen to Sanders. 2019 John Brown walks that into the end zone. The margin of error is higher with a slower receiver like Sanders. Even Gabe Davis I think catches that. Allen hit Davis for a bunch of TDs at that depth last year. The timing with Sanders will come.

He overthrew Diggs too. Had a similar overthrow to Beasley in the preseason game. He needs to clean it up. No more excuses. Year 4, 43M dollars. When Josh plays great, I'm going to be the first one to throw praise, when he's off, let's not make excuses anymore. 

Edited by Elite Poster

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Sanders booboo foot limiting participation in training camp and limited practice last week = minimal chance for Allen and Sanders to work on their timing

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Well, I respectfully disagree with that, as I’ve explained in two other threads.

Well it’s on film you can always go review it, if you can’t admit it was a contributing factor then there isn’t much to talk about, doesn’t matter how many times or what reasons you use to deny it.

I think they need to figure out who does what best.  Sanders imo is best under 15 yards.  Similar to Beasley.  Use Diggs or Davis to attack down field.  Sanders will do well when teams play man.  I feel like Sanders and Allen were a bit off due to the limited time together.  I think Davis needs to be on the field more.  Rotate the wrs more.  Keep them fresh.  Why dress 6 if you dont really rotate any of them?  

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Well it’s on film you can always go review it, if you can’t admit it was a contributing factor then there isn’t much to talk about, doesn’t matter how many times or what reasons you use to deny it.

Not sure of the reasons for the hostility here. I did break down the film in another thread (posted twice, actually). You’re of course free to disagree with my conclusion.

20 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Well, I respectfully disagree with that, as I’ve explained in two other threads.

This means that you disagree with him calling that "drop" a drop?

Because I was wondering about this. People keep talking about some Sanders drop, and I didn't remember any. So, I rewatched the game and I guess they are talking about 4th quarter play shortly before blocked punt, where he caught the ball on the seam route but immediately after that it was knocked out by defender.

I am no expert and maybe somehow he could hold onto the ball, but calling this "drop" seems like a huge stretch to me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/13/2021 at 9:15 AM, dave mcbride said:

Sanders was consistently open yesterday and freed himself for a big TD catch only to see it badly overthrown. Sanders finished top three in the NFL last year in getting separation. He is good.

They need to be able to find a way to get the ball to Beasley, Diggs, or Sanders fast.  They are too good at creating separation 

3 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Because I was wondering about this. People keep talking about some Sanders drop, and I didn't remember any. So, I rewatched the game and I guess they are talking about 4th quarter play shortly before blocked punt, where he caught the ball on the seam route but immediately after that it was knocked out by defender.

I am no expert and maybe somehow he could hold onto the ball, but calling this "drop" seems like a huge stretch to me.

Yes, that’s right. It was a pass defended, not a drop. The defender was in perfect position to do an easy tomahawk swipe.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I was surprised Ramsa Allen didn’t go to him more and have more snaps.  It was a mistake I don’t think McD will do again.

On the main page is a Jerry Sullivan article, and I can’t believe I’m saying it,

but it was very well written.  One of his points was this on Davis.  He was also relatively positive and balanced.  Give it a read.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:51 PM, Ramza86 said:

I just dont get it. Gabe is about as reliable as you can get on this team.

He should be WR 2 and on the field as long as he can.

Hurts to watch him not in.

They like Sanders better. And if the two throws that Josh missed to Sanders had been on target, he'd have been close to 150 yards. He deserves it.

Gabe is very good, but they think he's the 4th best on the team. I agree, personally.

In any case, at the Bills site, he's listed on the depth chart directly ahead of Davis.

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart

13 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Agreed. He might have held onto it, but it would have been a terrific play. A play few WRs would have made.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 9/14/2021 at 12:34 PM, HappyDays said:

Davis isn't as fast as Sanders. Even after Sanders may have slowed up a bit with age, he looks significantly faster than Davis.

And yeah, Josh threw it too far, but when a guy has five yards, you have to put more arch on it and put it shorter. Yes, timing was a problem. But it was a bad pass. Agreed they should get better with time together.

I thought Sanders was fine, and we’d all be really fine with him if Allen didn’t overthrow him on the deep ball TD. 

Im frustrated with him for the “drop/pbu” but that would’ve been a tough catch and my frustration is more due to the Steelers WR’s all made touch/clutch catches, while our guys - like Sanders - had chances to, and did not.   

Again, probably more of a PBU than a drop, but with the way the game played out, we seem to be more focused on that play than we should.  

Edited by SCBills