Can someone explain to me why Gabe Davis does not have equal snap count to Diggs?

Ramza86

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

He should be our #2 and not Sanders.

Sanders was consistently open yesterday and freed himself for a big TD catch only to see it badly overthrown. Sanders finished top three in the NFL last year in getting separation. He is good.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 20
  • Agree 6

well, this article agrees with the OPs premise that "Davis was vastly underused and Allen needs to look his way more often."  

Bills report card: Offensive line, play-calls a mess against Steelers (democratandchronicle.com)

Sanders is also good, no clue why Allen was so bad yesterday, and I'm thinking he needs to see a sports psychologist about playing in front of crowds.  

• Like (+1) 1

It is an overall lack of offensive coordination by Dabol, doesn’t use the run game even when it was working, didn’t capitalize on the short pass game even when it was working… etc etc, the guy is not very intuitive when designing or adjusting a game plan, if his initial plan isn’t working he makes no useful adjustments, this makes him the weakest link on the coaching staff, one would think Beane and McDermott would jerk a knot in his azs at some point over this continuing to happen. Oh well, 

maybe it would be for the better if he was some other teams HC, 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 2

Davis is very talented, but he’s still learning to be a wideout in the pros. I think it’s possible that Sanders is the better receiver right now. Davis is still working on becoming that guy who’s dependable for an entire game, and doesn’t disappear. Diggs, Beasley, and Sanders are all guys who regardless of struggles, are going to make some plays. Davis is a really good receiver, but he’s just not at their level yet. 

24 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Davis is very talented, but he’s still learning to be a wideout in the pros. I think it’s possible that Sanders is the better receiver right now. Davis is still working on becoming that guy who’s dependable for an entire game, and doesn’t disappear. Diggs, Beasley, and Sanders are all guys who regardless of struggles, are going to make some plays. Davis is a really good receiver, but he’s just not at their level yet. 

Says you?

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Sanders was consistently open yesterday and freed himself for a big TD catch only to see it badly overthrown. Sanders finished top three in the NFL last year in getting separation. He is good.

Frustrating....3 years later and Josh still hasn't grasped the concept of trajectory on deep balls. Football 1.0

I think Davis deserves many more snaps than he gets at this point, but I admit I am not in practice.  And hard really to say after one game when the offense was bad.

Let me ask if Allen his either SEEM to Sanders, are we talking about Davis's snap counts?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I just dont get it. Gabe is about as reliable as you can get on this team.

He should be WR 2 and on the field as long as he can.

Hurts to watch him not in.

I think your title should say "more than Sanders" and leave Diggs out of it IMO.   I do think he should be WR 2 and I was upset when we are in the red zone in the second half and he didn't see one snap before the field goal.   I did not see him go off with an injury as suggested

Just now, buffalostu2 said:

I think your title should say "more than Sanders" and leave Diggs out of it IMO.   I do think he should be WR 2 and I was upset when we are in the red zone in the second half and he didn't see one snap before the field goal.   I did not see him go off with an injury as suggested

Hes the 2nd most important WR on this team next to Diggs. He has surpassed Beasley in importance IMO.

54 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

Well it is overreaction Monday.

I said maybe…, but you don’t want to include the context of my post, snippets don’t tell the tale.., 

21 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I find it odd sanders seems so disliked. All the guy does is get open. Receiver is similar to the D line, everyone has a bit of a rotation. More snaps doesn’t always include more production. Davis is going to have plenty of chances to shine. 

It’s been one game, and everyone played poorly. I don’t understand why so many have deemed Sanders worthless either. Everyone likes shiny new things. I think most of this board looks at Sanders age and gives him no respect because of that. Davis is a very good receiver, but he’s still learning the pro game. Sanders knows the pro game, and still has plenty of skill left. You don’t stick around that long as a receiver if you’re garbage. 

• Like (+1) 2