The Steelers game was over with this play.

BillBrasky

Someone said a toxic mix above, I agree, for me it starts with OL and play-calling. Josh gets a C- minus for yesterday. Most of the things that went wrong are correctable. My biggest concern is the O-Line against a quality opponent, remains to be seen how much that is correctable. Bobby Johnson is going to earn his pay with this group.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

A toxic mix of Allen sucking and terrible play calling. Where were the crossing routes?  You've got Beasley, Diggs, and Davis, why not use them? 

Crossing routes need some time…..our OL made sure that 17 had none of that

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Crossing routes need some time…..our OL made sure that 17 had none of that

John Feliciano should knock on Beane's door today and offer to give some money back from that contract. Seriously. It was that bad. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Someone said a toxic mix above, I agree, for me it starts with OL and play-calling. Josh gets a C- minus for yesterday. Most of the things that went wrong are correctable. My biggest concern is the O-Line against a quality opponent, remains to be seen how much that is correctable. Bobby Johnson is going to earn his pay with this group.

Yup, not every D the Bills are going to face is as strong as the Steelers, but now they have a blueprint

I know its one game and all, and I don't believe its panic time. I do believe we learned something about the team yesterday. We aren't really SB contenders at this point with O-line play like we have now. Teams like KC,TB,PITT, LA will be too much if the line play is at this level. Playoff team Yes, winning it all taint happening.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

John Feliciano should knock on Beane's door today and offer to give some money back from that contract. Seriously. It was that bad. 

With him on the OLine, Josh should not be throwing the ball 51 times. Without him on the line, the same thing is true. To the people who said we didn’t need more run/pass balance, I disagree. This is not just a Feliciano thing, but bigger picture comment. I trust GB’s assessment. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yup.  

Bringing back mongo to play guard was one of my biggest fears.  

still laughing at those that were so confident in Daryl Williams blocking Watt with no help.  Watt in the **** were we thinking blocking him with one guy all game?  

sure wish we would’ve gotten us another decent TE to run some 2TE sets with once in awhile to switch things up and give different looks.  

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I know its one game and all, and I don't believe its panic time. I do believe we learned something about the team yesterday. We aren't really SB contenders at this point with O-line play like we have now. Teams like KC,TB,PITT, LA will be too much if the line play is at this level. Playoff team Yes, winning it all taint happening.

Trying really hard not to overreact from 1 game but that was kind of the thought I woke up with this morning. Unless the oline improves we can't win a Superbowl. Yes we will not play many lines like Pittsburgh's so in the regular season there are still 12, 13 wins out there for us. But when it comes to crunch time if your line is that bad no amount of clever scheming solves the problem. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, BillBrasky said:

Fourth quarter, 20-10 Steelers, 3rd and goal for the Bills.

Allen makes a rookie mistake and quickly locks onto the receiver in the right flat. The Steelers defense watches his eyes and shifts to cover. Allen makes a second mistake and throws to the line of scrimmage with two Steelers defenders between the receiver and the goal line. The Bills fails to score and settle for a field goal.

The best play was actually on the other side. The receivers run a crossing route, the Steelers defenders blow the coverage and leave a wide open receiver heading to the corner of the end zone.

bills.thumb.jpeg.31aec0c7c1ebc1332c274b57c7dfca05.jpeg

It makes it only 20-17

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Trying really hard not to overreact from 1 game but that was kind of the thought I woke up with this morning. Unless the oline improves we can't win a Superbowl. Yes we will not play many lines like Pittsburgh's so in the regular season there are still 12, 13 wins out there for us. But when it comes to crunch time if your line is that bad no amount of clever scheming solves the problem. 

Elite teams win games at home against peer opponents

• Agree 1

Allen had a crappy game against an elite defense. It happens. Look at Green Bay losing 38-3, Rodgers' worst game ever. I am no way worried. Allen is going to come in and body the Dolphins and people will forget all about it. 

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Elite teams win games at home against peer opponents

Aaron Rodgers says hello. 

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Allen had a crappy game against an elite defense. It happens. Look at Green Bay losing 38-3, Rodgers' worst game ever. I am no way worried. Allen is going to come in and body the Dolphins and people will forget all about it. 

Aaron Rodgers says hello. 

Good point, both Buffalo and Green Bay appear to be overrated

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

How about the Titans and Patriots? 

I mean, i dont consider either team a peer of the Bills, or having been particularly hyped as SB contenders.  I havent watched the Titans game so not sure what went wrong there, except that Tannehill has been playing above his station the last couple years, maybe this a regression to the mean. Regarding the Pats, they're going to be a tough game for the Bills.  They have some similarity with the Steelers, and I thought Macorkle aquitted himself very well for game 1 of his NFL career.

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

I mean, i dont consider either team a peer of the Bills, or having been particularly hyped as SB contenders.  I havent watched the Titans game so not sure what went wrong there, except that Tannehill has been playing above his station the last couple years, maybe this a regression to the mean. Regarding the Pats, they're going to be a tough game for the Bills.  They have some similarity with the Steelers, and I thought Macorkle aquitted himself very well for game 1 of his NFL career.

And the Falcons who 32-6 at home?