The Steelers game was over with this play.

BillBrasky

Fourth quarter, 20-10 Steelers, 3rd and goal for the Bills.

Allen makes a rookie mistake and quickly locks onto the receiver in the right flat. The Steelers defense watches his eyes and shifts to cover. Allen makes a second mistake and throws to the line of scrimmage with two Steelers defenders between the receiver and the goal line. The Bills fails to score and settle for a field goal.

The best play was actually on the other side. The receivers run a crossing route, the Steelers defenders blow the coverage and leave a wide open receiver heading to the corner of the end zone.

bills.thumb.jpeg.31aec0c7c1ebc1332c274b57c7dfca05.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, BillBrasky said:

Fourth quarter, 20-10 Steelers, 3rd and goal for the Bills.

Allen makes a rookie mistake and quickly locks onto the receiver in the right flat. The Steelers defense watches his eyes and shifts to cover. Allen makes a second mistake and throws to the line of scrimmage with two Steelers defenders between the receiver and the goal line. The Bills fails to score and settle for a field goal.

The best play was actually on the other side. The receivers run a crossing route, the Steelers defenders blow the coverage and leave a wide open receiver heading to the corner of the end zone.

bills.thumb.jpeg.31aec0c7c1ebc1332c274b57c7dfca05.jpeg

He did miss a chance there, but even if we scored there that made it 20-17. Steelers march down for another 3, making it 23-17 we still need 6 on our final drive... and we stalled on 3rd down. It would have given us at best one more shot at the endzone to win the game. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

He did miss a chance there, but even if we scored there that made it 20-17. Steelers march down for another 3, making it 23-17 we still need 6 on our final drive... and we stalled on 3rd down. It would have given us at best one more shot at the endzone to win the game. 

He missed a lot of things yesterday. It was very odd

14 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Did anyone else see Josh throwing up on the sidelines early? People around me said they saw that, but I missed it. You can NEVER say the guy doesn’t care enough. 

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We didn’t stall on third down. It was first and 20 when they decided to kick the final FG. The poster is right. The bigger issue is running twice when it was first and goal from the ten yard line.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

We didn’t stall on third down. It was first and 20 when they decided to kick the final FG. The poster is right. The bigger issue is running twice when it was first and goal from the ten yard line.

Ah - you are correct. That last few minutes is hazy. I was too annoyed by that point. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Ah - you are correct. That last few minutes is hazy. I was too annoyed by that point. 

That series on first and ten from the goal line drove me nuts. Never go run heavy when it’s basically first and ten and the defense is defending an extremely short field—especially when the qb runs aren’t really working except when in scramble mode.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I agree.  Allen played like he did in his rookie season.  Flashes of brilliance, and a lot of head scratchers. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Annoyed is a great word.  I'm still annoyed.   

McDermott always says something like "we have to get better, and that starts with me."  I'm sure he said it yesterday, but I haven't listened.  And it's true.  My sense was that there were a lot of players out there unprepared to play.  

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

Did anyone else see Josh throwing up on the sidelines early? People around me said they saw that, but I missed it. You can NEVER say the guy doesn’t care enough. 

This does not give me confidence at all...it says that his anxiety might be a bigger problem than we think... not good...

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I agree.  Allen played like he did in his rookie season.  Flashes of brilliance, and a lot of head scratchers. 

Annoyed is a great word.  I'm still annoyed.   

McDermott always says something like "we have to get better, and that starts with me."  I'm sure he said it yesterday, but I haven't listened.  And it's true.  My sense was that there were a lot of players out there unprepared to play.  

He did. He and Josh both started with their own accountability. I am not worried about either of them. They had bad days. That happens. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

This does not give me confidence at all...it says that his anxiety might be a bigger problem than we think... not good...

Didn’t Kelly and some other greats throw up before games, albeit in the locker room? I’m not saying it happened, just looking to confirm what I heard from a couple people around me. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Didn’t Kelly and some other greats throw up before games, albeit in the locker room? I’m not saying it happened, just looking to confirm what I heard from a couple people around me. 

I'm pretty sure Josh said in an interview at one point that he throws up before every game, not on the sideline though. 

• Thank you (+1) 1