Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

After what happened last week for  me to feel confident about our team moving forward with the season I’m gonna need to see a pretty dominating convincing win against the Dolphins today like years past…. Even tho a win is a win just squeezing one out with a last minute feild goal or something isn’t gonna cut it for me….

Edited by Bimmer323i

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Maybe you should use words that apply.  That way you don’t have to try and strike back when someone tells you that you’re wrong and your takes is ridiculous.  

the chiefs are the better team right now mainly because their coaches dominated our coaches….. and Chris Jones vs Feliciano = man vs poc

Perhaps. But maybe it wasn't meant to be taken literally. But, I'll take your advice. Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

They only play 17 games any win on the road is a good win. I totally disagree. Win by one or a Billion. Counts the same. Just need a win 😊

Yea I hear ya but do you really wanna hear all week hey the Bills barely beat the Dolphins… I don’t 

Just now, Bimmer323i said:

Yea I hear ya but do you really wanna hear all week hey the Bills barely beat the Dolphins… I don’t 

But I’ll be honest with ya I think will be out for blood this week… I’m predicting a blow out win…..

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

People need to get ahold of themselves when it comes to week 1. The recipe has been out on now to contain elite qb’s for 20 years. Get there consistently with 4 and let the other 7 cover. Any team that has the ingredients for that recipe gives ANY qb fits. The giants did it to Brady in 2 Super Bowls and the bucs did it to the new golden boy last season… Luckily for us there are all of about 2 teams in the NFL that can truly depend on that right now. 

People being all freaked out that it worked on our guy need to chill IMO. It’s gonna work on just about anyone. 

To put into context just how dominant their front 4 were…. It was just the 6th time since 2009 a team has blitzed less than 3% of the snaps and ended up with a pressure rate north of 30%. I’m not positive there’s a QB in the league that would played great within that context. 

I think you are missing one glaring weakness. The Bills lack of running game or threat of one. It helped Pitt front 4 succeed. It might be a resounding theme as the Bills play better teams. It certainly hurt them in them in the playoffs. I think the Bills too pass dominate and puts way too much pressure on Allen. The offensive balance seems problematic.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

The biggest problem teams with a good pass rush. Use the front 4 and use other for coverage  Teams with a weaker front 4 make possibly Allen looks good.  O-line with play calling needs to do a better job. Run the ball more vs strong front 4 with using the TE. Make it hard on the opponent.

Spot on!

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes.  It is the only way.  What a concept.

Thanks. I thought of it all by myself with no help.👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

But I’ll be honest with ya I think will be out for blood this week… I’m predicting a blow out win…..

They barely beat the Dolphins last year in Miami and still made the AFC Championship.  Just get a win.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

They barely beat the Dolphins last year in Miami and still made the AFC Championship.  Just get a win.  

Exactly. Just win the game. Division rival on the road is not going to be easy. Not looking for style points at this point. Just go 1-1. An 0-2 start will really be disappointing.

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Perhaps. But maybe it wasn't meant to be taken literally. But, I'll take your advice. Thanks.

I hear that.  I’m sure you didn’t mean it that way.  When I read your initial post, I envisioned you as Talia Shire, screaming “YOU CAN’T WIN!” In Rocky 4.  He won alright.  Why not us?

• Like (+1) 1

Since the fish run defence is suspect I would expect the run game to be used alot more however daboll will likely call maybe 40 pass plays instead of 50....but please limit on the designed QB runs......Bills 26 Fish 20....

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, JPP said:

Since the fish run defence is suspect I would expect the run game to be used alot more however daboll will likely call maybe 40 pass plays instead of 50....but please limit on the designed QB runs......Bills 26 Fish 20....

I'm thinking they might make a point of running this week after last weeks disaster. McD will be in Dabolls ear. 

8 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

The Dolphins are a good team. They were 10-6 last year. Yeah we have smoked there defense in like the last 4 match ups and blown them out in 3 out of the 4. But they are an improving team that was already good enough to be 10-6 last year. I still think Tua is highly suspect but their offensive personnel around him is really good with a lot of speed. Speed is something I'm not sure our defense handles well. All this is to mean I don't care how we win. Just win. Then I will feel pretty good about being 3-1 heading into the two game Deja vu nightmare of Cheifs and Titans primetime games. A 2-2 record heading into those two game leaves very little margin for error.

The thing I hate most about this Dolphins match up is just the history of the series. I feel they are due for a good game against the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

WGR is still living in 2020. Jeremy White making golf analogies at 10:00 am. 

Tua plays a dink and dunk game. We saw that for years with Trent Edwards. They need to win games 20-17, 19-14, living off turnovers and late FGs.

So knowing the Dolphins have a pop gun offense, I think this is going to look like Dallas in 2019, quick passing, a lot of work underneath, then building  to longer throws.

This is also a game to start weeding out bad running formations and start establishing a smarter baseline. Not having a run game clearly has hurt the Bills against better opponents. 

I expect a more patient game plan from Daboll and Josh Allen. Scaling up aggressiveness as the game goes on. Last week felt rushed and chaotic, frantic.

Miami is pedestrian on offense, this defense should clamp down on them. While that is going on, this offense needs work. 

• Like (+1) 1