Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, mannc said:

I never knew there were so many Bills fans here in Portland.  Seems like more of a Seahawks town to me…

I thought the same at first but then figured he must mean in he Buffalo Airport on has way to Portland.

16 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

They can beat lots of people, just not the people they need to beat.

One team, KC - lost to them twice last year - looked outclassed/outcoached both times.  We’ll see how we fare against them Week 5 and then we can decide where we’re at compared to them.  

Every other team is just your opinion.  

Edited by SCBills

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I'm just saying something you don't want to hear, but that's fine. 

I just don’t think it’s accurate.  You’re completely dismissing advanced stats.  Football Outsiders charted the Bills’ offense as 5th overall in DVOA, which is designed to take into account strength of opposition.  If you’re going to throw out a theory like “the Bills offense didn’t perform well against good defenses,” at least throw out some evidence to support it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I just don’t think it’s accurate.  You’re completely dismissing advanced stats.  Football Outsiders charted the Bills’ offense as 5th overall in DVOA, which is designed to take into account strength of opposition.  If you’re going to throw out a theory like “the Bills offense didn’t perform well against good defenses,” at least throw out some evidence to support it.

5 offensive tds in the last 14 quarters against good defenses. 5.

5 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

5 offensive tds in the last 14 quarters against good defenses. 5.

But you’re just cherry-picking stats.  How many field goals?  First downs?  What was their YPP?  How did their performance compare to league average against those same defenses in those same situations (which is what DVOA measures)?  I mean no question they have room for improvement but it’s simply not accurate to say that last year’s offense wasn’t top-notch.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

But you’re just cherry-picking stats.  How many field goals?  First downs?  What was their YPP?  How did their performance compare to league average against those same defenses in those same situations (which is what DVOA measures)?  I mean no question they have room for improvement but it’s simply not accurate to say that last year’s offense wasn’t top-notch.

Ok, I'm cherry picking stats. If you're going to cherry pick a stat, I'd say TD production is a pretty good one to pick. This team is not built to win games with it's defense. It's not built to win games by kicking field goals. It's built to outscore you and slow you down just enough so that we win the game in the end. If this team doesn't score TDs it isn't going to win, particularly against other competent teams, all the other stats aside. Can they beat the Jets with 6 field goals? Maybe. Can they beat the teams they need to beat to get where they need to go that way? No.

To me a field goal is a win for the other team and I think other teams look at it that way also.

Edited by That's No Moon

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

This is stupid as stupid can be.  I recommend that you refrain from using the word  “can’t”.

we CAN beat them.  We just need the coaching staff to come up with a better game plan and the players need to execute better.

Ok can't was too strong. The Bills have about a 1 in 10 chance of beating them. Maybe you failed to watch last years games? 

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Ok, I'm cherry picking stats. If you're going to cherry pick a stat, I'd say TD production is a pretty good one to pick. This team is not built to win games with it's defense. It's not built to win games by kicking field goals. It's built to outscore you and slow you down just enough so that we win the game in the end. If this team doesn't score TDs it isn't going to win, particularly against other competent teams, all the other stats aside. Can they beat the Jets with 6 field goals? Maybe. Can they beat the teams they need to beat to get where they need to go that way? No.

They literally proved the opposite by beating two good defenses in the playoffs last year.  I just don’t understand what point you’re trying to make.  They need better blocking and more speed on offense and maybe a real tight end.  But last year’s offensive performance was elite; it broke multiple franchise records and got them their best W/L record decades.  They were one game from the Super Bowl and as you rightly point out, that wasn’t because of their defense.  What are you talking about?  Your football takes are usually pretty solid but this one… take a knee.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Ok can't was too strong. The Bills have about a 1 in 10 chance of beating them. Maybe you failed to watch last years games? 

Last years first game was a one score ball game with 6 minutes left in the 4th…. Maybe you failed to watch as well. 

Just now, That's No Moon said:

We will see.

No. Not this at all. We’ve already seen. And people are giving good examples that directly refute what you are saying about last year. 

there’s no “we will see”. We’ve seen. Stop it. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I'm just saying something you don't want to hear, but that's fine. 

You’re saying things that are objectively false. You’ve started arguing something that has no logic and for some reason you can’t admit you’re wrong.

44 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

We will find out in mid October whether anything has changed or not. KC and Tennessee owned them 3 times last year. If it's different we should expect a different result. I expect them to be 2-2 at that point and those games will be huge.

Nice job trying to deflect.

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

To this point they have already met my expectations. They were 10 ply last year, didnt do anything to address that and came out week one and looked just as 10 ply with a 10 ply gameplan. I expect them to be one and done at best and I expect them to not address it again next season either because I don't think they see the issue. They spend a ton on WR and nothing on guards by design. Nobody made them do that, that's how they choose to allocate their resources and last year after getting manhandled in their last game their response was to add another WR and come back with the same OL that got eaten alive. Absolutely expected Pittsburgh to eat them alive and they did.

Why? They totally ignored it this year and anyone who says "Jack Anderson and Forrest Lamp" out loud should lock themselves in a closet.

You are right about money allocated to G but that's because they paid for LT, C and RT.

So your answer is for Beane to cut Beasley for a high dollar G?  LOL, the Bills positional spending is not out of line with the norm at all.

There is a decent chance Morse will be gone next year and something then can be done to reallocate the money on the IOL.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Last years first game was a one score ball game with 6 minutes left in the 4th…. Maybe you failed to watch as well. 

No. Not this at all. We’ve already seen. And people are giving good examples that directly refute what you are saying about last year. 

there’s no “we will see”. We’ve seen. Stop it. 

Of course I watched the game. KC dominated the Bills. Bills were extremely fortunate to even have that glimmer of opportunity. At no point, did I feel or think the Bills would win the game. The next game what happened?

Let's be honest, the Bills are chasing KC and its really not close. I stand by the 10% chance to beat em. I think the Bills offense struggles this season. They really haven't played well since the Indy game. Granted the defenses were very good. I feel that Allen had a dream year and he's likely to regress. The Pitt game certainly wasn't encouraging. Really haven't seen him play that poorly since his rookie days. The Bills still have trouble running the ball. Daboll's playbook is there for everyone to see. Of course, it's just my opinion and many will disagree. I'm completely fine with the varying opinions. Only way to really know is to watch the season play out. 

Edited by newcam2012