Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Apparently the Oline and one Feliciano in particular, has been taking things personally this week. Good article, apologies if already posted upthread:

he best take it personally.   He was a disgrace to the unit form last week.  We would’ve been better off with Bobby Harts son playing LG last week.  He’s been the worst player on the field for two straight games.  Get right or hit the bench, then the street Mongo. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

"Paper Tigers" are a result of your vision and expectations and I'm pretty sure are not what the players and coaches think of themselves.

To this point they have already met my expectations. They were 10 ply last year, didnt do anything to address that and came out week one and looked just as 10 ply with a 10 ply gameplan. I expect them to be one and done at best and I expect them to not address it again next season either because I don't think they see the issue. They spend a ton on WR and nothing on guards by design. Nobody made them do that, that's how they choose to allocate their resources and last year after getting manhandled in their last game their response was to add another WR and come back with the same OL that got eaten alive. Absolutely expected Pittsburgh to eat them alive and they did.

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

You have to assume interior o-line is going to be a priority this off-season for Beane.

Why? They totally ignored it this year and anyone who says "Jack Anderson and Forrest Lamp" out loud should lock themselves in a closet.

12 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

To this point they have already met my expectations. They were 10 ply last year, didnt do anything to address that and came out week one and looked just as 10 ply with a 10 ply gameplan. I expect them to be one and done at best and I expect them to not address it again next season either because I don't think they see the issue. They spend a ton on WR and nothing on guards by design. Nobody made them do that, that's how they choose to allocate their resources and last year after getting manhandled in their last game their response was to add another WR and come back with the same OL that got eaten alive. Absolutely expected Pittsburgh to eat them alive and they did.

Why? They totally ignored it this year and anyone who says "Jack Anderson and Forrest Lamp" out loud should lock themselves in a closet.

You might as well just stop watching them since you already know how it all ends.

This game cannot come soon enough.   

I was definitely frustrated watching us have the same issues we had against PIT/KC, once again show against PIT - this time for an opening day loss…. But some of y’all need to chill.  Acting like we can’t beat anyone now.  Childish posting. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

You have to assume interior o-line is going to be a priority this off-season for Beane.

You’d think. 

put given the importance of the position, is it possible it is WR?

Diggs - UFA in 2024

Davis - UFA in 2024

Beasley - UFA in 2023

Sanders - UFA next year

McKenzie - UFA next year

That leaves them next year with Diggs, Davis, and Beasley in a contract year. I think they’re going to spend significantly in FA or the draft to  continue to bolster the WR room. 

EDIT: I realized late that you said “a” priority and not “thee” priority. I would agree. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

The point is that our offense is overrated and doesn't do squat against good teams whereas actual good offenses score on everyone.

Hi.  2020 Bills called. 

Remember when we ran up the score to 28-3 on the 10-6 division round Rams?  And 44-34 on the 12-4 NFC West champion Seahawks?

Thought those might have slipped your mind

Most teams, "any given Sunday" excepted, can thump poor teams but by and large struggle against good teams.  Have you actually looked at the record of other teams where, IDK, maybe you'd note that the Chiefs slid by the Broncos 22-16 and the Falcons 17-14?

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hi.  2020 Bills called. 

Remember when we ran up the score to 28-3 on the 10-6 division round Rams?  And 44-34 on the 12-4 NFC West champion Seahawks?

Most teams, "any given Sunday" excepted, can thump poor teams but by and large struggle against good teams.  Have you actually looked at the record of other teams where, IDK, maybe you'd note that the Chiefs slid by the Broncos 22-16 and the Falcons 17-14?

To be fair they almost lost that game. I remember where I was. A tale of two halves. Almost spilled my blue cheese. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

First they fixed the WR room, then they worked on the DL getting younger and cheaper, and I fully expect the OLine to be the next point of focus. 

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hi.  2020 Bills called. 

The Rams first half is the last time they looked good against a good defense. I cited that already. The second half of that game, the offense slowed down considerably and they almost coughed up the game if not for a gift PI call. Seattle, despite being a playoff team had one of the worst pass defenses in the history of football

I stand by my statement. The Bills offense is overrated and pads its stats against bad teams.

Edited by That's No Moon

40 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This game cannot come soon enough.   

I was definitely frustrated watching us have the same issues we had against PIT/KC, once again show against PIT - this time for an opening day loss…. But some of y’all need to chill.  Acting like we can’t beat anyone now.  Childish posting. 

They can beat lots of people, just not the people they need to beat.

10 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

The Rams first half is the last time they looked good against a good defense. I cited that already. The second half of that game, the offense slowed down considerably and they almost coughed up the game if not for a gift PI call. Seattle, despite being a playoff team had one of the worst pass defenses in the history of football

I stand by my statement. The Bills offense is overrated and pads its stats against bad teams.

Apparently putting up 38 and 56 points against the Patriots (on the road) and the Dolphins who each finished 6th and 7th in defensive points allowed last year doesn’t count.  

We also averaged 28 points per game against playoff teams last year during the regular season. 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

You’d think. 

put given the importance of the position, is it possible it is WR?

Diggs - UFA in 2024

Davis - UFA in 2024

Beasley - UFA in 2023

Sanders - UFA next year

McKenzie - UFA next year

That leaves them next year with Diggs, Davis, and Beasley in a contract year. I think they’re going to spend significantly in FA or the draft to  continue to bolster the WR room. 

EDIT: I realized late that you said “a” priority and not “thee” priority. I would agree. 

They are going to let Beasley walk, McKenzie is never going to be expensive, Sanders if they bring him back won't be more than he is now and will be year to year forever. Diggs they should probably also let walk in 2024 given what his age will be at that point and the amount of money he will want. If he wants to be team friendly that's fine but spending big money and years on players over 30 isn't a great plan. Davis they will probably extend so yes, there will need to be added investment in WR but WRs seem to be more readily available than decent o linemen. College football makes more of them right now.

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Apparently putting up 38 and 56 points against the Patriots (on the road) and the Dolphins who each finished 6th and 7th in defensive points allowed last year doesn’t count.  

We also averaged 28 points per game against playoff teams last year during the regular season. 

I’ll add the Niners were top ten in both yards and points allowed at the time of that game last year… and then there’s the 27 they scored on the colts. A top ten unit. 

That dude is just talking out of his a**

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

We will find out in mid October whether anything has changed or not. KC and Tennessee owned them 3 times last year. If it's different we should expect a different result. I expect them to be 2-2 at that point and those games will be huge.