Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What's the point here?  Do you think the other top scoring teams didn't run up the score on worse teams and struggle against the best teams they played?

The point is that our offense is overrated and doesn't do squat against good teams whereas actual good offenses score on everyone.

15 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Lol.  13-3

There are 17 games, but yeah, 13-3.

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Watching the Miami Mich St game in Miami.  They were just saying it's 90 degrees, and no shade, players are taking Oxygen.  Should be interesting tomorrow.

Dion Dawkins is a major concern.

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Wow one loss this year so we sucked last year too? GTFOH.

There's a difference between saying they suck and saying they are paper tigers. They are paper tigers and they will continue to romp weak teams more often then not and continue to lose to the teams they need to beat to go anywhere. It's a playoff team, it's not a Super Bowl team and it's not a Super Bowl team for the same reasons they weren't last year.

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

There's a difference between saying they suck and saying they are paper tigers. They are paper tigers and they will continue to romp weak teams more often then not and continue to lose to the teams they need to beat to go anywhere. It's a playoff team, it's not a Super Bowl team and it's not a Super Bowl team for the same reasons they weren't last year.

So last year, including the playoffs, the bills were 5-3 vs playoff squads. Paper tigers don’t do that. Then there’s the other 2 wins over the 10 win fins. They were 10-4 against the rest of the NFL…. And then this year there has only been one game played. 

Go ahead and say their flaws may take them out of the super bowl hunt but “paper tigers” is a bit over the top IMO

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Watching the Miami Mich St game in Miami.  They were just saying it's 90 degrees, and no shade, players are taking Oxygen.  Should be interesting tomorrow.

Can the visiting team bring umbrellas or the like, or is that prohibited by NFL rules? 

No shade does seem brutal.

I think the forecast for tomorrow is partly to mostly cloudy in the am, light rain at kickoff, and isolated thunderstorms during the game

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can the visiting team bring umbrellas or the like, or is that prohibited by NFL rules? 

I think the forecast for tomorrow is partly to mostly cloudy in the am, light rain at kickoff, and isolated thunderstorms during the game

I dont think they are allowed to erect anything on the sideline but iirc I've seen assistants holding up shades in the past. 

14 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Maybe that is how it ends this year.  Why fans are demanding the Bills be the best team in the league at this moment is a little confusing to me.

The team has made some really good improvements as an organization in the last few years.

Watching the games during the season is the fun part of football.  My hope as a fan is they win enough games to get to the playoffs

again and if that is in the form of a repeat Divisional Title that will be awesome.

The playoffs are a place were anything can happen.

"Paper Tigers" are a result of your vision and expectations and I'm pretty sure are not what the players and coaches think of themselves.

They are trying to be as good as they can be at this moment in time.  I will watch the game tomorrow and see what happens.

I'm hoping for a win!

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They can probably bring chill misters similar to how they bring heaters out in the winter.

44 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

As unpopular at it sounds I happen to agree. KC is in a league of its own and the Bills flat out can't beat them. The Brown's running game will likely destroy the Bills. Pitts front 4 is too much for the Bills to handle. Thus far, Bills have major holes on the Oline and running game. Allen is likely to regress and the pass rush still suspect. Sounds a lot like last year...What helps is playing in the weak AFC east. Bills should win by default. It's way too early to call. Perhaps the Bills progress and become elite and are able to compete with KC. I suspect it's a one and done for the Bills the year. Would love nothing more than to be wrong on my assessment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

As unpopular at it sounds I happen to agree. KC is in a league of its own and the Bills flat out can't beat them. The Brown's running game will likely destroy the Bills. Pitts front 4 is too much for the Bills to handle. Thus far, Bills have major holes on the Oline and running game. Allen is likely to regress and the pass rush still suspect. Sounds a lot like last year...What helps is playing in the weak AFC east. Bills should win by default. It's way too early to call. Perhaps the Bills progress and become elite and are able to compete with KC. I suspect it's a one and done for the Bills the year. Would love nothing more than to be wrong on my assessment. 

This is stupid as stupid can be.  I recommend that you refrain from using the word  “can’t”.

we CAN beat them.  We just need the coaching staff to come up with a better game plan and the players need to execute better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1