Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

17 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Broken?  

5 offensive touchdowns in the last 14 quarters of football. Scintillating.

People will make all the excuses you want to hear, the weather was bad, the refs didn't call PI, they were strong defenses, it was week 1 after hardly any pre-season time, all the WRs were hurt in the playoffs, the refs hated us again in week 1, we were just too excited, blah blah blah.  Bottom line, they haven't been scoring and it has been for several games in a row, not coincidentally against good teams.  They haven't put up a lot of points on a playoff team since Seattle and their defense was historically bad.  Before that it was the first half v/ the Rams.  The second half they slowed us down a lot and frankly we deserved to lose that game if not for a gift call at the end.  We made a lot of hay against bad teams last year and they need to show they can score on good teams otherwise this is all BS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Watch the Bills lose to the Phins and drop to 0-2, followed by the entire national media jumping off the Bills bandwagon and calling them pretenders and frauds.

Watch then as the Bills use the poor start as a rallying cry, coach McDermott gets to use his favorite motivational tactic ("Nobody believes in us!!!!"), the Bills reel off a bunch of wins to get to 6-3 by the midpoint of the season, and the players all point to the 0-2 start as a galvanizing force that brought them all together and got them to re-dedicate themselves to fundamentals or whatever.

I'm not saying there seems to be a period every season where the Bills get their butts handed to them and I question everything about the team and coaches, only to see them use the bad stretch as motivation and rebound and win a bunch of games, but......well.....I guess I AM kind of saying that.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

5 offensive touchdowns in the last 14 quarters of football. Scintillating.

People will make all the excuses you want to hear, the weather was bad, the refs didn't call PI, they were strong defenses, it was week 1 after hardly any pre-season time, all the WRs were hurt in the playoffs, the refs hated us again in week 1, we were just too excited, blah blah blah.  Bottom line, they haven't been scoring and it has been for several games in a row, not coincidentally against good teams.  They haven't put up a lot of points on a playoff team since Seattle and their defense was historically bad.  Before that it was the first half v/ the Rams.  The second half they slowed us down a lot and frankly we deserved to lose that game if not for a gift call at the end.  We made a lot of hay against bad teams last year and they need to show they can score on good teams otherwise this is all BS.

I know what you're saying about the last couple games of the season in the playoffs.

That said, you can't call 501 points (which was a franchise record) all BS. I mean, think about it, that's more points than any K-Gun offense ever put up. Also, we had a pretty tough schedule last year. Our schedule this year is easier.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Logic said:

Watch the Bills lose to the Phins and drop to 0-2, followed by the entire national media jumping off the Bills bandwagon and calling them pretenders and frauds.

Watch then as the Bills use the poor start as a rallying cry, coach McDermott gets to use his favorite motivational tactic ("Nobody believes in us!!!!"), the Bills reel off a bunch of wins to get to 6-3 by the midpoint of the season, and the players all point to the 0-2 start as a galvanizing force that brought them all together and got them to re-dedicate themselves to fundamentals or whatever.

I'm not saying there seems to be a period every season where the Bills get their butts handed to them and I question everything about the team and coaches, only to see them use the bad stretch as motivation and rebound and win a bunch of games, but......well.....I guess I AM kind of saying that.

This was the Tom Brady way for a while there. 

Step 1. Be Tom Brady

Step 2. Get Old

Step 3. Drop a couple games early in the season
Step 4. Win the rest of your games

Step 5. Win Super Bowl

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hughes’ song is about the refs 

Considering the Bills can't even hold a press conference in stereo, this kinda tickles me. 

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

As long as I don't have to listen to any Beasley songs it's ok.

His vaccination and mix tape playing in house is part is his next contract. 

I'm just joking everyone, please take it that way. 😅 

1 hour ago, gomper said:

My friend flew out to Portland for a wedding this morning.  He said the airport was overrun with Bills fans making their way to Miami lol. We'll travel well for this one. Be loud everyone!

That doesn't even include all the Bills fans that live in Florida.  There are a lot.

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So who is this guy?  From what he puts on Twitter, a podcast guy?

Hey Hap!

He does host with former Miami Dolphin OT Richmond Webb (according to his tweeter feed), but if you feel my post needs to be deleted, I understand. Thanks!

Edited by BillsFan619

2 hours ago, gomper said:

My friend flew out to Portland for a wedding this morning.  He said the airport was overrun with Bills fans making their way to Miami lol. We'll travel well for this one. Be loud everyone!

NO!

We can't risk the crowd getting Josh too amped up!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

This lady isn’t gonna be working again right ? 

We need coach to focus.   

A0B9A7C3-353E-4C1E-BA2E-1FB631163BE3.jpeg

As my HS coach used to say when he caught us looking in the stands for girls "you can't play ball with a hard on, but you can coach with one!"

• Haha (+1) 4

5 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

I know what you're saying about the last couple games of the season in the playoffs.

That said, you can't call 501 points (which was a franchise record) all BS. I mean, think about it, that's more points than any K-Gun offense ever put up. Also, we had a pretty tough schedule last year. Our schedule this year is easier.

They ran up the score on non playoff teams. Playoff teams they struggled for the most part, again, apart from Seattle whose defense was God awful and half the Rams game.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1