Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

I want to comment more on this game but full disclosure, I’m on my 5th day of football misery, our pets heads are falling enough in Columbus,  and I’m not recovered from last weekend to the point I can provide any real opinion. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Weather in Miami looking hottt on Sunday.

32 feels like 39 with rain.

(I'm Canadian so not sure what that is in Fahrenheit lol)

Freaking Canadians with your loonies & toonies and add  GST to that 🤦🏼‍♂️

I actually grow up in Montreal my parents and brother still live there  , where in Canada 🇨🇦 are you ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Depth at WR is already being tested. Gabe and McKenzie dinged, but hopefully they can go. Otherwise, we’re down to Diggs, Sanders (already dinged), and Kumerow. Not ideal. 

Edit: thanks @YoloinOhio l can’t believe I forgot Beasley. 

FWIW Sanders was "Full" in practice today.  Didn't see this elsewhere:

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hail Mary to the FB! 

Looks like Webb got toasted 😛

Edited by stevewin

10 hours ago, Putin said:

Freaking Canadians with your loonies & toonies and add  GST to that 🤦🏼‍♂️

I actually grow up in Montreal my parents and brother still live there  , where in Canada 🇨🇦 are you ? 

Hahaha sounds about right!

Nice buddy! I'm in Mississauga, about 30 minutes from Toronto.

MTL is a great city , been there many of times. Just can't stand their hockey team lol

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's slim pickens for quality fa pass rushers next year. You gotta figure Hughes, Addison & Star are gone.

Addison, yes.

Star, probably.

Hughes, not so sure. Yes, he's 32-33, and I still have not seen any regression in his play. I would not be surprised if he was still with us for another year or two.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Addison, yes.

Star, probably.

Hughes, not so sure. Yes, he's 32-33, and I still have not seen any regression in his play. I would not be surprised if he was still with us for another year or two.

The problem with Hughes is that he can be held with a chokehold on every play, and the refs will never call it.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The problem with Hughes is that he can be held with a chokehold on every play, and the refs will never call it.

Is that a problem with Hughes or the refs?

Not trying to be an a$$ but wondering if you feel that his style of play lends itself to being neutralized easily by opposing OL. 

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Not trying to be an a$$ but wondering if you feel that his style of play lends itself to being neutralized easily by opposing OL. 

Can I respond "Yes?"

It's a problem with Hughes because he has a past history of getting in the ref's face, including an incident where he harrangued them as he was walking down the tunnel after the game and was fined.  He no longer seems to do this but the damage has been done.

It's a problem with the refs, because they're supposed to officiate based upon what they see in front of them, not based upon the player's past history good or bad.

7 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

It’s a problem for the team and my blood pressure

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can I respond "Yes?"

It's a problem with Hughes because he has a past history of getting in the ref's face, including an incident where he harrangued them as he was walking down the tunnel after the game and was fined.  He no longer seems to do this but the damage has been done.

It's a problem with the refs, because they're supposed to officiate based upon what they see in front of them, not based upon the player's past history good or bad.

Unfortunately I don't have recording privileges for Sunday Ticket else I would have gone back and watched a few of his plays.

As for the DE position, I didn't see too many plays from AJE given the pre season stories around him being more effective now.

For now, we have to primarily feature Addison and Hughes until Rousseau comes into his own

Edited by Fan in Chicago

18 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's slim pickens for quality fa pass rushers next year. You gotta figure Hughes, Addison & Star are gone.

Assuming Hughes sticks around, we'll have:

Hughes
Rousseau
Epenesa
Basham
Obada

We just have to hope the three youngsters step up. I would hope that after spending a 1st and two 2nds on edge rushers, they won't need to dip their toe in the free agency pool at that position.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Assuming Hughes sticks around, we'll have:

Hughes
Rousseau
Epenesa
Basham
Obada

We just have to hope the three youngsters step up. I would hope that after spending a 1st and two 2nds on edge rushers, they won't need to dip their toe in the free agency pool at that position.

That’s the plan, because any decent young, healthy pass rushers are either never made available or way overpaid in FA 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2