Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

This game has me nervous now.  Logically, I think the Bills are going to come out swinging and crush the Dolphins.  Emotionally, I don't think I'm prepared to even ponder the idea that they lose this game.

Have no fear.   Looking back at footage of the Steeler's game, it is more evident that Allen actually played better than it looks at first.  Didn't execute well enough, no.  A lot of that was because the Steeler pass rush was too good using too few pass rushers.  

Miami lacks the talent on their d-line that Pittsburgh has.  It's not even close in my opinion.    I expect a much better looking offensive line performance out of Buffalo and a much more comfortable Josh Allen in the pocket.    Miami will need to blitz to generate the kind of pressure that the Steelers got.   And if they do, I expect Allen will make them pay for it first with his legs evading the pressure then with his arm throwing to receivers open deep.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's strange, why wouldn't we protect 4 if that's what's allowed?

Probably the same reason we punted multiple times on 4th down inside Pittsburgh territory and then thought it would be a good idea to go for it on 4th and 8 rather than kick a 53 yard FG... or even punt.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

The last time the offense played well was against the Colts in the playoffs.  They struggled against the Ravens (elite), Chiefs (elite) and Steelers (elite).  

The Dolphins are not elite.  

Bills win easy. 

The chiefs didn’t have anything close to an elite defense.  Our OL just got destroyed and our coaching failed.

I don’t think the ravens were elite either tbh…..one of the best in the league last year, but it was a year devoid of dominant defenses imo.  Tampa with vea was dominant.  I don’t think any other D was “elite”

this years steeler d looked to have the makings of an elite defense. Watt + Hayward might be the best 1-2 punch along the front 4 in the league.  And they were missing Tuitt, who I’ve always been a fan of.  Eager to see if they dominate everyone the way they dominated our OL.  Minkah played a helluva game. Schobert and Bush are both solid vs in coverage as nickel Lbers.  Haden kept Diggs in check.  Time will tell if they’re elite, but I was really impressed with their performance.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Depends on which Bills team shows up. I'm curious to see if Frazier relies on the front 4 for pressure. I'm not sold on Tua being able to scan the field and go through his progressions but to be fair, I'm not sure his O line will give him the time to either

Which Allen shows up-- 2019 or 2020?

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The chiefs didn’t have anything close to an elite defense.  Our OL just got destroyed and our coaching failed.

I don’t think the ravens were elite either tbh…..one of the best in the league last year, but it was a year devoid of dominant defenses imo.  Tampa with vea was dominant.  I don’t think any other D was “elite”

this years steeler d looked to have the makings of an elite defense. Watt + Hayward might be the best 1-2 punch along the front 4 in the league.  And they were missing Tuitt, who I’ve always been a fan of.  Eager to see if they dominate everyone the way they dominated our OL.  Minkah played a helluva game. Schobert and Bush are both solid vs in coverage as nickel Lbers.  Haden kept Diggs in check.  Time will tell if they’re elite, but I was really impressed with their performance.  

Colts had a strong front 7 and our defense was useless in that game.  

Allen had pressure up the middle on him all day and was a freak of nature to win that for us. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Probably the same reason we punted multiple times on 4th down inside Pittsburgh territory and then thought it would be a good idea to go for it on 4th and 8 rather than kick a 53 yard FG... or even punt.

You're too deep for me, I can see no connection between protecting 3 practice squad players and the above, unless you're trying to make a flaccid case that the Bills coaches and FO have a uniform incompetence.  Which would be foolish, so I hope you're not doing that.

11 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Grrrrrrrrr

2 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

To me this is worse. We lost on a fluke to arizona. Right now were headed to miami vs a team we have owned that would relish sending us to 0-2. 

Agree this is much worse. The Arizona lost hurt but it was already established that the Bills were a very good offensive football team. A team who had a very very high probability of winning their division thus going to the playoffs.

Fast forward to now. We have a team thats offense has looked sub par for 3 consecutive games. A QB, running game, and an offensive line that's been mediocre at best. A ream that laid an egg at home on opening day. A coaching staff that looked unprepared and had horrific offensive game plan and play calling. 

We will see what this team is made of. Was last year was an annomally or if we a legit contenders? Teams that start out 0-2 have about a 12% chance of making the post season. I'd say the Bills are in a must win situation. Not something I ever thought I'd be saying at this time.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree this is much worse. The Arizona lost hurt but it was already established that the Bills were a very good offensive football team. A team who had a very very high probability of winning their division thus going to the playoffs.

Fast forward to now. We have a team thats offense has looked sub par for 3 consecutive games. A QB, running game, and an offensive line that's been mediocre at best. A ream that laid an egg at home on opening day. A coaching staff that looked unprepared and had horrific offensive game plan and play calling. 

We will see what this team is made of. Was last year was an annomally or if we a legit contenders? Teams that start out 0-2 have about a 12% chance of making the post season. I'd say the Bills are in a must win situation. Not something I ever thought I'd be saying at this time.

The bills are in no way a must win situation.  It will raise eyebrows if they don’t, but you’re being a bit dramatic here. 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, teef said:

The bills are in no way a must win situation.  It will raise eyebrows if they don’t, but you’re being a bit dramatic here. 

If they lose to Miami then they will have to find a way to get a split in the B2B road games at KC/TEN. I expect them to beat a Fitzless WFT and hapless Texans team at home in weeks 3 and 4. So if the Bills win Sunday then there is a very good chance they are 3-1 heading into KC for SNF.

16 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If they lose to Miami then they will have to find a way to get a split in the B2B road games at KC/TEN. I expect them to beat a Fitzless WFT and hapless Texans team at home in weeks 3 and 4. So if the Bills win Sunday then there is a very good chance they are 3-1 heading into KC for SNF.

there's a very good chance of that.  last week i wasn't going to be shocked if the bills lost to pit.  this week i'll be surprised if the lose to miami.  you certainly make life a bit easier with a win sunday, but it's still not the end of the season otherwise.

4 minutes ago, teef said:

there's a very good chance of that.  last week i wasn't going to be shocked if the bills lost to pit.  this week i'll be surprised if the lose to miami.  you certainly make life a bit easier with a win sunday, but it's still not the end of the season otherwise.

The one thing an 0-2 start would do is it would make getting the #1 seed almost impossible. The AFC is loaded with good teams. I expect the Bills to win the division but an 0-2 start probably has them playing on WC weekend. First things first get a win this weekend and get to 1-1.

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

talk about an over reaction lol. "A Team that laid an egg at home on opening day". Laid an egg? They were leading the game for 3 quarters. Did they miss a bunch of opportunities? Oh absolutely. Their o-line stunk against the best front 7 in football, and that was not great to see. Our offense doesnt match up well with the Steelers, and hasnt for three straight tries now. The difference in this game last sunday was the bounces and calls and big play (blocked punt) went the Steelers way instead of ours...but thats the game of football. 

Pump the brakes on your dire straits act bud. This is a fantastically loaded football team. I fully expect them to win Sunday (steelers game was 50/50 for me) and remain in the drivers seat for the division and one of the top two seeds in the AFC. 

*Also, your 0-2 teams only having 12% chance doesnt account for the fact that teams play an extra regular season game this year for the first time. Take a deep breath. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

Just now, Greg S said:

The one thing an 0-2 start would do is it would make getting the #1 seed almost impossible. The AFC is loaded with good teams. I expect the Bills to win the division but an 0-2 start probably has them playing on WC weekend. First things first get a win this weekend and get to 1-1.

that's true, but to be honest, i'm not expecting the bills to get the 1 seed anyway.  it's obviously the goal, but i wouldn't put money on it.  i do expect them to win the division and go from there, but you're correct.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

Colts had a strong front 7 and our defense was useless in that game.  

Allen had pressure up the middle on him all day and was a freak of nature to win that for us. 

For sure.  I was just rebutting the statement that the chiefs D and ravens D were elite last season.