Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh. I doubt Josh is fuming. Dude just got paid a ***** ton of money. 

This is such a lousy assessment of who Josh Allen is and has shown himself to be that it calls into question all your other judgments. Seriously.

He played poorly, undeniably. But your take on his character is purblind. 

Edited by Dr. K
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We're on to Miami. 

The last time we had a really disappointing letdown game was Philadelphia in 2019 where we just didn't look prepared and played poorly. Yes we lost four times last year but the Tennessee game was a mess for reasons out of our control, KC were just better than us (twice) and the Arizona game was a loss to a fluke in a game we played well in. 

I am interested to see how the team rebounds. It will tell us a lot about who they are. 

I agree with the first part. This is not typical situation for McD's Bills.

As for the second, it will obviously tell us lot about the team. But the season is really long, and if we rebound it may happen well after the Dolphins game. I can easily see a scenario when we lose next Sunday, start the season like 2-4 or something and then get to the playoffs as 12-5 or 11-6 team with strong season end and win it all.

To me it is hilarious how so many people overreact to one game. I can't imagine what happens on TBD if we somehow lose next one, which is fairly possible. Defense may play worse, offensive playcalling can be still suspect, Allen might be better but still not quite himself, couple more circus catches by Gesicki or Waddle, some decisions of refs not going our way, lucky bounce for Miami here and there and voila - 0-2 start.

I am just saying every season is different. To me, Sunday changed nothing about our SB aspirations. If anything, I'd say it was a good thing.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

This has to be one of those game where the offense bails out the defense.  For whatever reason i think Miami is going to dink and dunk us to death and move the ball and score in the 20's.  I don't care about heat and humidity.  It's still early enough in the season that our guys should be used to hot weather.  Bills O and Josh Allen need to put up 30+ points here.  

• Vomit 1

48 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Gotta be honest, seems like you were a lot more quiet last year.  Be interesting to see how often you post during the week after a loss, vs during a win.   

He doesn’t post much after wins.  He posts a lot after losses because he’s a complainer that likes to be heard.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I agree with the first part. This is not typical situation for McD's Bills.

As for the second, it will obviously tell us lot about the team. But the season is really long, and if we rebound it may happen well after the Dolphins game. I can easily see a scenario when we lose next Sunday, start the season like 2-4 or something and then get to the playoffs as 12-5 or 11-6 team with strong season end and win it all.

To me it is hilarious how so many people overreact to one game. I can't imagine what happens on TBD if we somehow lose next one, which is fairly possible. Defense may play worse, offensive playcalling can be still suspect, Allen might be better but still not quite himself, couple more circus catches by Gesicki or Waddle, some decisions of refs not going our way, lucky bounce for Miami here and there and voila - 0-2 start.

I am just saying every season is different. To me, Sunday changed nothing about our SB aspirations. If anything, I'd say it was a good thing.

We could lose a game and me come out of next Sunday feeling okay. We cannot look as poorly prepared and overmatched up front and that happen. If we play and lose, fine. That happens. We played well at Miami early last year and ended up only just beating them. They have some good players. But if it looks as messy as Sunday did then yea, I'm gonna be concerned about where our season is going. 

The key to winning football games has always been and will always be about whether you beat the guy across from you.  I'll be watching for the O line to win matchups this week.  They got steamrolled by the Pittsburgh front this past Sunday, and McD rightfully called them out.  Will they rally and beat the guy in front of them more times than not, or will they get beat again individually and collectively?  That's the key to this game and most of the remaining ones on the schedule.  

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, zow2 said:

This has to be one of those game where the offense bails out the defense.  For whatever reason i think Miami is going to dink and dunk us to death and move the ball and score in the 20's.  I don't care about heat and humidity.  It's still early enough in the season that our guys should be used to hot weather.  Bills O and Josh Allen need to put up 30+ points here.  

yep. tua not gonna throw deep. bills have trouble w fast twitch in space. they will put waddle on wallace (who always plays 10 yards off every single wr) and hit underneath and let him RAC. then they will pound the ball to TE (who we still cant cover. Edmunds)

steelers O 2nd half showed continued weaknesses in bills D. cant stop quick WR screens. misdirection plays - our ends lose contain. and TE pass coverage

40 minutes ago, balln said:

yep. tua not gonna throw deep. bills have trouble w fast twitch in space. they will put waddle on wallace (who always plays 10 yards off every single wr) and hit underneath and let him RAC. then they will pound the ball to TE (who we still cant cover. Edmunds)

steelers O 2nd half showed continued weaknesses in bills D. cant stop quick WR screens. misdirection plays - our ends lose contain. and TE pass coverage

I don't see the Dolphins Offense being any scarier than the Steelers.  

Why do they get to dictate who defends Waddle?  If he's making plays, or we want to make sure he doesn't make a ton of plays, White is perfectly capable of following him around the field.  

I thought Milano and Edmunds were really good on Sunday.  Freiermuth got loose for one big play when Big Ben evaded pressure, stepped up and the TE was open down the middle of the field. 

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

If the Bills are who we think they are then they will be 1-1 sometime around 4:00pm Sunday afternoon. If not then time to re-think the expectations for the season.

Pretty much, I predicted 12-5 and another division championship and not going to waver on that after one game.

But if we lose to the Dolphins and go to 0-2 with the same issues from the Steelers rearing their ugly head again not only is it time to consider this isn't probably a playoff team but attention immediately needs to shift to Brandon Beane and the decisions he made in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

Now 2 days removed.. A big reason why we shouldn't freak out over the Steelers loss is because many of us feel we are better than the other 3 teams in our division.   

If we want a shot at being the 1 seed, it was always going to come down to beating KC Week 5 anyway.  That's still there.

Winning the division begins on Sunday.  I'm not saying we will go 6-0 in division again, but we should.  The Jets are not good.  The Dolphins and Pats don't have the style of defense that gives us problems.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dr. K said:

This is such a lousy assessment of who Josh Allen is and has shown himself to be that it calls into question all your other judgments. Seriously.

What Took You So Long(tm)?

1 hour ago, Dr. K said:

He played poorly, undeniably. But your take on his character is purblind. 

Agreed, and kudos for the use of the word "purblind"

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don't see the Dolphins Offense being any scarier than the Steelers.  

Why do they get to dictate who defends Waddle?  If he's making plays, or we want to make sure he doesn't make a ton of plays, White is perfectly capable of following him around the field.  

I thought Milano and Edmunds were really good on Sunday.  Freiermuth got loose for one big play when Big Ben evaded pressure, stepped up and the TE was open down the middle of the field. 

i didnt see edmunds make any impact plays sorry. ebron caught some passes up the middle

Looking forward to the upcoming game against you guys. Miami gets Will Fuller, Preston Williams, Austin Jackson, and maybe Adam Shaheen back next week so the offense should get a boost. I pray they resign McKinney because the run D is still an issue. NE and Miami always play an ugly, and boring, game so hopefully Miami shows a bit more in this matchup.

52 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I complained plenty last season….

Even if they lose Sunday, the division isn’t lost…. Especially with the two games that follow. I still expect them to win the division but wouldn’t at all be surprised by a loss Sunday. 

Not when we were winning you didn't.  As soon as we lose, your panties get into a HUGE wad.

Thanks for letting everyone know again and again and again you wouldn't be surprised if we lose this Sunday.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

Looking forward to the upcoming game against you guys. Miami gets Will Fuller, Preston Williams, Austin Jackson, and maybe Adam Shaheen back next week so the offense should get a boost. I pray they resign McKinney because the run D is still an issue. NE and Miami always play an ugly, and boring, game so hopefully Miami shows a bit more in this matchup.

I hope to see Bills run the ball more and get a little more balanced, but being familiar with Daboll they probably won't very much. 

• Like (+1) 1