Week 2: Bills at Dolphins

YoloinOhio

43 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Great… hopefully we see that this Sunday…. A lotta clips of Josh ***** around all practice throughout training camp….. hopefully the bad outing got him refocused.

I followed the TC reports pretty closely and can honestly not recall any inappropriate “clips of Josh ***** around all practice throughout”; if anything, it was mostly observers amazed at the # of throws being completed without the ball hitting the ground IIRC. Also in his lone preseason appearance he balled out. Point being, it’s a bridge too far to argue with a straight face that Josh’s off-season prep was not up to par. If you’re saying adding some levity here or there during the interminable dog days of Camp somehow took away from his focus, then in the words of General McAuliffe, “Nuts!”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Miami looks Improved…. Really fast offensively. Tua looked better. 

Miami is still Miami. Pats outplayed them and moved the ball up and down the field on them with a conservative offense. They only lost because of turnovers and poor red zone play. Miami has a weak offensive line and Tua should not have time to throw. Play fast on offense and we win this game by 10. 

• Like (+1) 1

Miami has some legitimate speed on their team both at the WR position and in the backfield. Something the Steelers didn't have. Luckily, Tua is a far inferior QB to Big Ben so that should help even things out.

Offensively I'm not sure what to expect. Just hope we can get more easy completions. Allen forced the ball into far too many tight spots with 2-3 defenders last week. Let's use the RB screen game and outlet passes more this week. 

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh. I doubt Josh is fuming. Dude just got paid a ***** ton of money. 

Did you see Josh post game interview ? 
He looked like someone run over his dog in front of him ,  

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Offensively I'm not sure what to expect. Just hope we can get more easy completions. Allen forced the ball into far too many tight spots with 2-3 defenders last week. Let's use the RB screen game and outlet passes more this week. 

I agree 100 % 

and what was surprising to me is after watching him in the preseason game against the packers  , he was hitting all those short passes / easy completion basically took what was there and didn’t force any throw downfield , 

I love Josh but I was really disappointed in his decision making  , at the same time I have no doubt that he’ll bounce back and we see a different Josh against Miami 

Edited by Putin

Gesicki will be tough to cover, but I want to believe we will beat them.  I watched the game and I didn’t see Miami looking great.  Then again, we looked terrible offensively.  I’m hopeful this was an aberration and they will come back to form in Miami.  I still think we can come out of the first quarter of the season 3-1.

We're on to Miami. 

The last time we had a really disappointing letdown game was Philadelphia in 2019 where we just didn't look prepared and played poorly. Yes we lost four times last year but the Tennessee game was a mess for reasons out of our control, KC were just better than us (twice) and the Arizona game was a loss to a fluke in a game we played well in. 

I am interested to see how the team rebounds. It will tell us a lot about who they are. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh. Wouldn’t at all be surprised if they lose this game…. Doesn’t mean the season is over and that they don’t rebound the following week…. I just think the Dolphins are due to beat the Bills and their speed is going to give the Bills defense some problems while Allen and the offense continue to struggle. 

Didn't take long for you to get into full-on "I'm a Bills fan who hates the Bills," mode.  You and that Bad Old Bills guy oughta get a room.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I was not that impressed with Tua. Still looked overwhelmed at times, a lot of timing routes and high percentage throws. Protection looked suspect. 

Impressed by Waddle and Gesicki . 

Offensively, we should be able to move the ball. 

I suspect Miami will have their moments and move the ball well in a few drives.    They have playmakers who will probably make a couple big plays.

But, I've got a feeling we are going to see the Bills d-line feast on fish.    And I expect Wallace to get a pick because his guy will be the target of the duck passes thrown up by baby tuna Tua.   Its an away game so I expect Josh Allen to find his mojo and find his receivers - early and often on those deep passes he loves to throw.

It's a division game so anything can happen.   But if I was a Miami player, I would really hate to be playing Buffalo this week.    Here come the pain.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I followed the TC reports pretty closely and can honestly not recall any inappropriate “clips of Josh ***** around all practice throughout”; if anything, it was mostly observers amazed at the # of throws being completed without the ball hitting the ground IIRC. Also in his lone preseason appearance he balled out. Point being, it’s a bridge too far to argue with a straight face that Josh’s off-season prep was not up to par. If you’re saying adding some levity here or there during the interminable dog days of Camp somehow took away from his focus, then in the words of General McAuliffe, “Nuts!”

I really enjoyed the historical reference!

• Thank you (+1) 1