Miami barely beat New England.

Just now, NickelCity said:

Yep. The whole premise of this thread is flawed and buffoonish. Neither the Dolphins nor the Patriots* are bad teams.

I watched the entire Fish vs. Pats game yesterday and agree with you.  Mac Jones had an excellent game for his first ever start.  Tua is still flawed IMO but not as bad as Bills fans paint him.  

We will have tough games against both of these teams, 4 times this year.

We may win all four of them!  But they won't be easy! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The nagging question for me is this:  why do the Patriots get 2 decades of futility from the other teams in the division when they have a great team, but as soon as the Bills finally get it together, it looks like the division could be super-competitive top to bottom?

More of a whine, actually.  And I suppose the Pats had something to do w/ that, since there was so much QB & coaching turnover as the other teams tried to compete w/ a team like that.

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I watched the entire Fish vs. Pats game yesterday and agree with you.  Mac Jones had an excellent game for his first ever start.  Tua is still flawed IMO but not as bad as Bills fans paint him.  

We will have tough games against both of these teams, 4 times this year.

We may win all four of them!  But they won't be easy! 

Tua looked better than I expected he would. I've been down on him, but he looks more healthy w/regard to his hip. The ball came out with a lot more zip than last season. Jones was very good and should have walked away with a win. That's the issue with 12-play drives, though -- more opportunities for mistakes. 

Edited by dave mcbride

23 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Have any of you guys ever read miami 'finheaven' forums?

There's some great stuff here especially all the overreaction and confidence that they are going to smash the Bills with us only scoring in garbage time:

https://finheaven.com/threads/final-score-buffalo-bills-v-miami-dolphins.368105/

Its a waste of your time.   Phins fans are the most delusional fans in the world.  If you talk to them everyone on their roster is an all-pro, about to be an all-pro, or a secret weapon.  

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Its a waste of your time.   Phins fans are the most delusional fans in the world.  If you talk to them everyone on their roster is an all-pro, about to be an all-pro, or a secret weapon.  

and everyone here saying Bills are going to the Superbowl. All fans are the same

15 minutes ago, nucci said:

and everyone here saying Bills are going to the Superbowl. All fans are the same

Some of us forget way too soon.  I was cringing when I saw the media picking the Bills as the Super Bowl favorites.   If not for the Bills not too distant history, I am often reminded of the media picking the Browns, Chargers, and Jaguars as surprise favorites.    

But for as lofty as Bills fans ideals can be, I promise you the Phins' fans are way worse.

19 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

MIA would have lost today but once again like often last year got lucky on TOs. 

waddle is going to be a playmaker in this league sooner than later. 

please try to Man up on us again 3rd time will not be your charm. 

Bingo.

How often do the Pats have three turnovers, not very often.

1 hour ago, Success said:

The nagging question for me is this:  why do the Patriots get 2 decades of futility from the other teams in the division when they have a great team, but as soon as the Bills finally get it together, it looks like the division could be super-competitive top to bottom?

More of a whine, actually.  And I suppose the Pats had something to do w/ that, since there was so much QB & coaching turnover as the other teams tried to compete w/ a team like that.

Easy answer. It comes down to the organizations getting the right coaching staff and having the right philosophy  for their team (same as in any business)

The pats were able to benefit from it early where as the rest of the division still had to find their way. You guys are definitely there now and if the Fins and the patriots can be competitive this division is gonna be fun to watch...A heart attack for us all as fans, but still some good back n forth football that will take place.

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

The Bills can take over with a win next week.

No it would be a 3-way tie.

Miami at 1-1

Bills at 1-1

And either pats or the jets at 1-1

Edited by Ghost_002!

We didn't lose twice in a row at all last year. If we do lose , which i don't expect,  we're going to see that this clearly isn't a continuation of last year, which was expected  , considering we bought back almost every starter.

We'd be in legit trouble.  Something we were never in last year either 

But I think we should be at least 4-2 by the bye which is the same record as last year. 

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Have any of you guys ever read miami 'finheaven' forums?

There's some great stuff here especially all the overreaction and confidence that they are going to smash the Bills with us only scoring in garbage time:

https://finheaven.com/threads/final-score-buffalo-bills-v-miami-dolphins.368105/

I'd be happy and optimistic too.

Pats D is tough, ours is too and only gave up 16 points but I'm just not that confident, everyone was super confident this week,  I don't think it's going to be as easy as many think. Should be a dog fight realistically 

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That logic the Pats can take over with a win and a Dolphins loss too… lol let’s be honest next week there is a good possibility of 3 teams being 1-1 in the AFCE. 

Which is as meaningless as all of the teams being 0-0 the 1st week.

The Bills can get back on track w/ a win over the Dolphins.  They should still be the clear division favorites.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Which is as meaningless as all of the teams being 0-0 the 1st week.

The Bills can get back on track w/ a win over the Dolphins.  They should still be the clear division favorites.

I think if nothing else, week 1 proves the Bills are going to have to earn it, there are very few cheap W on their list of teams this year.. that includes their divisional rivals.