Miami barely beat New England.

5 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

It's only easy until teams decide they're shutting down the short to intermediate stuff, and make you beat them deep. Crazy how people forget that considering we had 10-15 qbs during the drought stuck in the same mold. You don't have to be a deep ball team, but if they don't have to respect it, they wont and an NFL defense will always eat up a team like that

I have no idea how you thought I said what you think I said

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Maybe I projected the general sentiment if the thread onto your post, sry if I did.

Seemed like everyone was talking about NE and Mac "looking good", but playing dink and dunk ball.

Ya Didn’t everyone say the same thing about Brady? He is just a dunk and dunk QB? They never stopped him. The silly thing is no team can! The long ball is easy to stop because it has a much lower percentage for completion. So if you build your team be just a home run threat you will suck.  (No the Bills are not built for just a homer in threat Most of your WR are possession WR like Sanders.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Miami’s offense looks worse than last year and their defense looks like it’s regressed. I don’t think Josh and company are gonna have a hard time with Miami. But I’m glad to see New England lose at home week 1. 

we probably shouldn't criticize a divisional opponent that won their opener on the road after the way we played yesterday

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Maybe I projected the general sentiment if the thread onto your post, sry if I did.

Seemed like everyone was talking about NE and Mac "looking good", but playing dink and dunk ball.

He wasn't though, did you watch the game? He was in a few 3rd and long facing a miami blitz quite often and made great throws.

In general there were a few strikes right up the middle over 20 yards and a couple strikes toward the side lines as well. You are the first person i heard say he was "dinking and dunking"

Edited by Ghost_002!

The thing is, New England's Defense is quietly a pretty good one. That's not to say I don't think the Bills are the better team or that they shouldn't win, but let's not discount the win for Miami going into New England for their Home Opener and beating the Pats in a close game. In years past, this would have gone New England's way in some fashion and Miami would be taking the 'L'. 

Buffalo better take Miami seriously or we'll be staring at 0-2 and a long haul back into contention. I think you saw Washington play a strong game as well and their Defense is for real. Buffalo has a championship caliber roster, and I've loved McD and Daboll together since it happened, but some of the decisions need to be better and Dawkins might need to sit for two weeks or at least rotate in more frequently while COVID effects are diminished for the Offense to achieve their lofty goals.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

He wasn't though, did you watch the game? He was in a few 3rd and long facing a miami blitz quite often and made great throws.

In general there were a few strikes right up the middle over 20 yards and a couple strikes toward the side lines as well. You are the first person i heard say he was "dinking and dunking"

I watched every pass (because I'm a psycho).  It was textbook dink & dunk.

I don't think dink & dunk is a bad thing, and it was a very good debut.  But right now, I see a lot of coaching & scheme that made a debut like that possible.  Jones looked like the guy who most scouts say he is.  Ready to come in day 1, but w/ a limited ceiling.

The kind of game he plays is great for games where it's close or the Pats have the lead.  If they get behind by more than a score, he'll need to do a lot more than he did yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I watched every pass (because I'm a psycho).  It was textbook dink & dunk.

I don't think dink & dunk is a bad thing, and it was a very good debut.  But right now, I see a lot of coaching & scheme that made a debut like that possible.  Jones looked like the guy who most scouts say he is.  Ready to come in day 1, but w/ a limited ceiling.

The kind of game he plays is great for games where it's close or the Pats have the lead.  If they get behind by more than a score, he'll need to do a lot more than he did yesterday.

I hear what you are saying. I look at it more as they game plan to help the rookie along more because..he is a rookie, but he made 39 pass attempts(with a vary of different throws) and was put in situations (3rd and long) where that "just dinking and dunking" was not gonna do it. And don't get me wrong, i know you arent saying anything bad at all. I just think he look more like a QB that could last long in this league and he could handle the "regular" load most franchise QBs can handle once he is a season vet.  I honestly think he will be able to handle being down 2 scores at some point this season and over come it.  At some point.  

Admittedly, I did not see that game since the Bills were on and I was at the stadium. 

But....

I pegged both Miami and New England to be wild card contenders this year, so it is not a shock they played each other close. After one great season, Bills fans are really not giving enough credit to a lot teams. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Success said:

Did anyone see the game?

Patriots fans are over the moon about Mac. From what I could see just on the internet, it seemed like he was just making 7 yard passes all day. Which is fine, but much more game manager than QB threat to worry about.

I spent several hours yesterday wishing a certain Buffalo qb would make 7 yard passes all day. 

3 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Does the Bills offense ever attempt passes like that? 

50 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I hear what you are saying. I look at it more as they game plan to help the rookie along more because..he is a rookie, but he made 39 pass attempts(with a vary of different throws) and was put in situations (3rd and long) where that "just dinking and dunking" was not gonna do it. And don't get me wrong, i know you arent saying anything bad at all. I just think he look more like a QB that could last long in this league and he could handle the "regular" load most franchise QBs can handle once he is a season vet.  I honestly think he will be able to handle being down 2 scores at some point this season and over come it.  At some point.  

Well, it's early - but I'd agree overall that the Pats have their guy.  Particularly while BB is HC, but I'm sure beyond that. He's definitely a good QB.

You guys are really pretty lucky to go from Bledsoe to Brady to now Jones.  Most teams have years where they struggle to find the right QB.

40 minutes ago, Success said:

Well, it's early - but I'd agree overall that the Pats have their guy.  Particularly while BB is HC, but I'm sure beyond that. He's definitely a good QB.

You guys are really pretty lucky to go from Bledsoe to Brady to now Jones.  Most teams have years where they struggle to find the right QB.

you mean like the JETs ha ha...i mean they had to go high in the draft for a QB twice, in a five year span!

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

you mean like the JETs ha ha...i mean they had to go high in the draft for a QB twice, in a five year span!

The key IMO is having the right coach and system in place for a QB.  For example IMO Allen is succeeding because of McD, I also believe Jones will succeed because of BB, While I am expecting Wilson to implode because the Jets are run so damn poorly.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

It's funny, when the balls are fully inflated that is more of an issue....

Not Bills related, but I love your user name and pic! It just made me go back and watch that scene from Episode IV on my computer, haha!

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I pegged both Miami and New England to be wild card contenders this year, so it is not a shock they played each other close. After one great season, Bills fans are really not giving enough credit to a lot teams. 

Yep. The whole premise of this thread is flawed and buffoonish. Neither the Dolphins nor the Patriots* are bad teams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1