Bills Offense

Milanos Milano

The Titans, Colts, and Browns all lost today - brutally I might add.  All SB contenders.  That might need revisiting.  

After week 1, this is the pekking order:

1. Chiefs 

2. Chargers (yep, 2nd best team that had the best off season acquisition - Linsley)

3. Steelers 

4. Browns 

5. Bills

6. Miami

That's it.  It's going to be one of those 5 (no way Miami)

Tennessee losing Smith might be a massive deal.  The Colts have ZERO firepower.  The Browns will be good.  The Ravens have too many key injuries.  

Let's beat Miami please.  

Edited by Big Blitz

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Yeah, I’m not concerned either, just mad. We should be beating teams like Pittsburgh. After all we have top 5 talent supposedly. So if that is the case then why are our coaches underperforming. Some are saying we have subpar trench talent, if that is the case then why is our talent evaluations underperforming. Right now, we all can’t even agree where the blame lies. Great historical teams dominate, and they win a lot of games, some even go undefeated. So struggle fests like today hurt, it makes it feel like we aren’t a great historical team, especially when we beat Pittsburgh last year fairly decisively. 

I think it was players this time being rusty but I might be in the minority on that one 🤣 what team has gone undefeated and won the super bowl in the last 40 years? I'm gonna go through the previous super bowl winners but it usually feels like the best team in the regular season doesn't win it all to me lately but thats based on memory.

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I'm not saying you're wrong for doing this but you picked a tough year to demand additional talent haha that salary cap crunch was tough.  If we're in mid-season form losing to contenders I'm right there with ya...week 1 where we faced a tough defense throwing some alignment trick at us we haven't seen before that we outgained by over a hundred yards and won time of possession by a healthy margin against mostly because of a blocked punt and some ticky tack penalties could be just one of those flukey games 

This is reasonable and I agree with this take. I don’t think many of us are to far apart where we are coming from. I honestly don’t think I fully believe our WRs are the issue, but just mad because Allen threw for 51 passes and nothing much to show for it, considering QBs today had half the amount of attempts for similar or more yardage. Obviously they weren’t playing against a Pitt D, but still it really hurts to know that. Kelly had bad games, so I supposed it’s only normal for Allen to have a bad game or 2. I just sucks watching Mahomes, Brady, etc having great games after great games, I just want Allen to be great like that. Maybe he won’t be, I guess we will find out. But my eyes tell me he is elite and eventually will be extremely dangerous when he puts it all together. He has such a high ceiling. 

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The Titans, Colts, and Browns all lost today - brutally I might add.  All SB contenders.  That might need revisiting.  

After week 1, this is the pekking order:

1. Chiefs 

2. Chargers (yep, 2nd best team that had the best off season acquisition - Linsley)

3. Steelers 

4. Browns 

5. Bills

6. Miami

That's it.  It's going to be one of those 5. 

Tennessee losing Smith might be a massive deal.  The Colts have ZERO firepower.  The Browns will be good.  The Ravens have too many key injuries.  

Let's beat Miami please.  

I don’t care about all those other teams. It’s about beating the Chiefs, nothing else matters because they are the biggest threat to get through. We aren’t doing enough to beat them. That’s the main issue I have. It’s like dealing against the Patriots all over again. Just win a super bowl, if we need more talent, then get it. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1

We need to win the division first.  I think everyone is getting way to ahead of themselves.  It's going to be a long season.  16 games left.

We got our turd out of the way last year it was Tennessee and KC.  

Sucks we can't open vs the Jets every season.  

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This is reasonable and I agree with this take. I don’t think many of us are to far apart where we are coming from. I honestly don’t think I fully believe our WRs are the issue, but just mad because Allen threw for 51 passes and nothing much to show for it, considering QBs today had half the amount of attempts for similar or more yardage. Obviously they weren’t playing against a Pitt D, but still it really hurts to know that. Kelly had bad games, so I supposed it’s only normal for Allen to have a bad game or 2. I just sucks watching Mahomes, Brady, etc having great games after great games, I just want Allen to be great like that. Maybe he won’t be, I guess we will find out. But my eyes tell me he is elite and eventually will be extremely dangerous when he puts it all together. He has such a high ceiling. 

Yea he had a mediocre game which was not a good look after signing that big contract...its unfortunate he didn't get a layup week one lol im sure he's embarrassed.  Brady is an absolute freak at getting his offensive into the right play to the point where its suspicious 🤣 so he has bad games but it's rarely due to getting fooled.  Yea mahomes rarely has a bad game I think if we had a big time tight end target that was good at finding the holes in zone coverage like kelce josh would be even more successful on a consistent basis 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

We need to win the division first.  I think everyone is getting way to ahead of themselves.  It's going to be a long season.  16 games left.

We got our turd out of the way last year it was Tennessee and KC.  

Sucks we can't open vs the Jets every season.  

If you want to concentrate on the division first, fine. But my eyes are on the super bowl and in order to get there you have to go through the Chiefs. If you have to worry about securing your division, then forget about beating the Chiefs. Just start looking for better talent or coordinators. 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea he had a mediocre game which was not a good look after signing that big contract...its unfortunate he didn't get a layup week one lol im sure he's embarrassed.  Brady is an absolute freak at getting his offensive into the right play to the point where its suspicious 🤣 so he has bad games but it's rarely due to getting fooled.  Yea mahomes rarely has a bad game I think if we had a big time tight end target that was good at finding the holes in zone coverage like kelce josh would be even more successful on a consistent basis 

Right now it’s all about Mahomes. Mahomes is king of the AFC castle until he isn’t. If Allen can’t beat Mahomes with the current talent we have, then we have to keep building. It sucks that is the case, because I thought Allen would be the type to elevate the talent that is around him, but early indications seem to indicate he’s going to need prime talent to beat KC. 

13 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If you want to concentrate on the division first, fine. But my eyes are on the super bowl and in order to get there you have to go through the Chiefs. If you have to worry about securing your division, then forget about beating the Chiefs. Just start looking for better talent or coordinators. 

Right now it’s all about Mahomes. Mahomes is king of the AFC castle until he isn’t. If Allen can’t beat Mahomes with the current talent we have, then we have to keep building. It sucks that is the case, because I thought Allen would be the type to elevate the talent that is around him, but early indications seem to indicate he’s going to need prime talent to beat KC. 

Mahomes is great but they've got a pretty weak secondary that was suspiciously allowed to hold all year last year until the super bowl of course 🤣 they also have a razor thin amount of defensive depth since all their money is tied up on offense so any sort of defensive injury would be a disaster.  I doubt all those guys make it through 17 games and we saw what could happen when you lose a guy in a position without much depth when the bucs smoked them in the super bowl 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So, lately I’ve come to the conclusion that our WRs just aren’t elite enough. Outside of Diggs, I just don’t think w have that one go to receiver that can just take over a game. I love Beasley, Davis, and Sanders, but they just don’t have that game take over when you need it vibe. How many times have we seen rookie WRs come into the league now and make huge differences. Look at JaMarr Chase today, Davonta Smith, and Jefferson last year. How is it they come in and put up 100 yard games, but we can’t get that regularly out of Beasley and so on? We all know Allen is great, but something seems off. Burrows and Cousins seems to be doing more with less compared to Allen. 

Is it Daboll or the WRs we have? Cause it doesn’t feel like Allen is to blame. 

Beasley was an All-Pro last year...

ImpressiveFlawlessIndianabat-max-1mb.gif

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Then it’s either Allen or the coordinators that’s the problem. If it’s Allen, then we all better hope this is anomaly because we have a lot of money tied up into him. 

Allen's gotta learn that sometimes less is more and you don't need to be looking downfield every play...not sure if the steelers defensive shuffling just before the snap was messing with that. Its impossible to blame him because he watched his defense get smoked pretty much every game last year and ironically in one of the games they shut down a great offense they gave up a hail mary TD to lose the game 🤣

13 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So, lately I’ve come to the conclusion that our WRs just aren’t elite enough. Outside of Diggs, I just don’t think w have that one go to receiver that can just take over a game. I love Beasley, Davis, and Sanders, but they just don’t have that game take over when you need it vibe. How many times have we seen rookie WRs come into the league now and make huge differences. Look at JaMarr Chase today, Davonta Smith, and Jefferson last year. How is it they come in and put up 100 yard games, but we can’t get that regularly out of Beasley and so on? We all know Allen is great, but something seems off. Burrows and Cousins seems to be doing more with less compared to Allen. 

Is it Daboll or the WRs we have? Cause it doesn’t feel like Allen is to blame. 

This was said after the Kansas City game and in the lead up to the draft, the Bills lack speed.

Thats why Gabe Davis is important. He’s not a burner, but he has a deeper average depth of target and finds the end zone. 

31 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

This was said after the Kansas City game and in the lead up to the draft, the Bills lack speed.

Thats why Gabe Davis is important. He’s not a burner, but he has a deeper average depth of target and finds the end zone. 

Whatever it is that we lack, McDermott better figure it out. If we need more talent, find it. If we need better coordinators, find them. Just win, just get past KC and win a super bowl. No more excuses. Losing to a team we beat handily last year doesn’t exactly instill confidence we improved enough to beat KC.