Bills Offense

Milanos Milano

1 minute ago, 97bills said:

Man I’ve probably done commented 20 post about this. Your 💯 right and I don’t understand it either it’s scary our OC and coach want put more on the running game. Both the chiefs and browns have great WR but both run the ball. We will never win a super bowl with no running game. And I hope our pass rush gets better because when we needed it in the 4 quarter our guys couldn’t get there. 

They couldn't get there and that was an O-line that was playing their 1st regular season game. I don't like to get too worked up about game one, but besides Sanders,who makes us better with our offseason acquisitions? No dbs, no d-tackles, no dominant run blocker, no bruising rbs. I think Trubisky is a good backup and Rousseau might get a few sacks, but we are the same club. The new punter really killed us today.

• Like (+1) 1

This is a GREAT THREAD.... to let complete idiocy unveil itself.

If Daboll runs on 2 to 3 plays a drive, we win that game 50-10.

"Josh struggled"

Yeah. He was swimming up current for no reason. 6,7,10, 13 yard runs were there to be had alllllllll game. Not only were we not taking what was given, but we purposely played into the gameplan of an elite secondary.

I bet McD is still in Dabolls face. He should've taken over play calling.  Listen I like Daboll, but today was the worst display of arrogance I've ever seen. Completely unnecessary.

That said next week, I think we come out more balanced (70/30 is fine), and lay some mean pipe

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Let’s see. You mention Jefferson Chase and Smith. Ummm all are not as good as Diggs. Now you want to compare No2s. The reality is 

can someone TELL ME WHY Davis only got 38% of the snaps?  He should absolutely be on the field more than Sanders. 

Can someone tell me why Daboll doesn’t scheme plays to get Josh outside the pocket? Roll outs, sprint outs, PA bootlegs, naked bootlegs…. If nothing is there, it makes it easier for Josh to pick up 4-5 yards.

Every single play today was, Shotgun 3 step drop. And it allowed Pittsburgh’s defense to just get after it. 

Daboll has to do better!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Said it all off-season, their lack of aggressiveness all off-season was head scratching. 

They started reading their press clippings as the next big thing. Sign all your FAs, draft D-line projects and watch Josh take you to the promised land. Maybe we'll get back to the playoffs that way but we have glaring deficiencies. The big teams will eat our lunch if we can't run and get to the QB.

1 minute ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Can someone tell me why Daboll doesn’t scheme plays to get Josh outside the pocket? Roll outs, sprint outs, PA bootlegs, naked bootlegs…. If nothing is there, it makes it easier for Josh to pick up 4-5 yards.

Every single play today was, Shotgun 3 step drop. And it allowed Pittsburgh’s defense to just get after it. 

Hard to tell early. Have to wait until all 22. But seemed that Daboll expected more Man. And the adjustment was short Zone beaters. Hence the 51 attempts with only a 5.something YPA 

1 hour ago, Beast said:

If Allen hits a wide open Emanuel

Sanders I'm not sure this thread exists.

Yeah, Sanders impressed me today. I wasn't sure there was anything left in the tank there, but he got open - even wide open - a number of times. He'll be a good addition once he and Allen start to click.

58 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Just watching Browns vs Chiefs. Their O-line and backs would dominate  our defense. Why did Beane think he could win with the same pass happy offense and the same underachieving backs and O-line. We need to become multidimensional.

Yep. That's my big concern, particularly after the loss to the Chiefs last year.

Meanwhile, I have a strong feeling we're gonna regret not upgrading at TE or getting a true outside threat at RB. Breida may still be able to do that; he may also be a year or so past his RB expiration date. 

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yeah, Sanders impressed me today. I wasn't sure there was anything left in the tank there, but he got open - even wide open - a number of times. He'll be a good addition once he and Allen start to click.

Yep. That's my big concern, particularly after the loss to the Chiefs last year.

Meanwhile, I have a strong feeling we're gonna regret not upgrading at TE or getting a true outside threat at RB. Breida may still be able to do that; he may also be a year or so past his RB expiration date. 

Like to know why if they only want to use Knox as a safety valve if Josh has nothing else, why they couldn't bring in a FA TE to be better blocker Ala Lee Smith. Running the ball to allow Josh to throw with more time will the key going forward. You can bet defensive coordinators will go to school on this Steelers win.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Eastport bills said:

Like to know why if they only want to use Knox as a safety valve if Josh has nothing else, why they couldn't bring in a FA TE to be better blocker Ala Lee Smith. Running the ball to allow Josh to throw with more time will the key going forward. You can bet defensive coordinators will go to school on this Steelers win.

And you can bet those DCs will say well we do not have the horses to do what the Steelers did. 

Beasley had 967 yards last year in 15 games and countless 3rd down catches. Diggs was #1 across the board. Find something else to complain about. Our WRs? Really? Today they were covered more than I can recall though Josh was sometimes a tad late throwing to them so the openings they had got closed.

Bills D had a stellar 1st half numbers wise, and only let 16 points overall. But damn, still no pressure on the QB. It's crazy. Rousseau and Epanesa were MIA. And so was Hughes. Against a rookie remade OL to booth.

Josh was tense all game, even before his first snap. WTH was that about. He plays best when he has FUN. Playing at home before a full crowd stressed him out instead of making him enjoy the moment.

44 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

And Josh is awesome when throwing on the run. Even more head scratching that they don't do it!

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So, lately I’ve come to the conclusion that our WRs just aren’t elite enough. Outside of Diggs, I just don’t think w have that one go to receiver that can just take over a game. I love Beasley, Davis, and Sanders, but they just don’t have that game take over when you need it vibe. How many times have we seen rookie WRs come into the league now and make huge differences. Look at JaMarr Chase today, Davonta Smith, and Jefferson last year. How is it they come in and put up 100 yard games, but we can’t get that regularly out of Beasley and so on? We all know Allen is great, but something seems off. Burrows and Cousins seems to be doing more with less compared to Allen. 

Is it Daboll or the WRs we have? Cause it doesn’t feel like Allen is to blame. 

Daboll.  100%.  Might be the worst OC in the league.  He can put up crazy numbers against average D's, but totally flops against great Ds.  It's a problem.  We played a top 3 D today and got spanked with our one dimensional offense.  I think Gabe is a great WR, btw, who could take over a game.  Just hard to be running routes all game and taking over when the d knows your doing it.  

15 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Beasley had 967 yards last year in 15 games and countless 3rd down catches. Diggs was #1 across the board. Find something else to complain about. Our WRs? Really? Today they were covered more than I can recall though Josh was sometimes a tad late throwing to them so the openings they had got closed.

Bills D had a stellar 1st half numbers wise, and only let 16 points overall. But damn, still no pressure on the QB. It's crazy. Rousseau and Epanesa were MIA. And so was Hughes. Against a rookie remade OL to booth.

Josh was tense all game, even before his first snap. WTH was that about. He plays best when he has FUN. Playing at home before a full crowd stressed him out instead of making him enjoy the moment.

And Josh is awesome when throwing on the run. Even more head scratching that they don't do it!

Josh did looked stressed.  Dude needs to see a sports psychologist ASAP.  NHL goalies do this I believe, NFL QBs should.  

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

People saying Beane did nothing for the o-line. He brought back Williams and the starting 5 never played together last year. Players can develop. Ford and Boettger can get better. I've never been that enamored with Morse but he is a capable pass blocker and he's the least of the worries on the team.  

Daboll should be forced to watch every KC game and see what a TE can do for the offense. 

He should also be forced to watch what calling running plays does for the offense. 

I agree brining Williams back was a great move by Bean.  But Ford is not developing, neither is Boettger.  It was more "hope" for a better OL outcome this year.  I also blame part of the OLs issues on the lack of TE passing and running the ball.  Pass blocking all game and having the DL know what your doing gives it an advantage.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Today was more of poor game plan. As when Josh struggled early and defense was playing well our OC should have should have tried to establish a run game or pass short. 

Just now, RyanC883 said:

Daboll.  100%.  Might be the worst OC in the league.  He can put up crazy numbers against average D's, but totally flops against great Ds.  It's a problem.  We played a top 3 D today and got spanked with our one dimensional offense.  I think Gabe is a great WR, btw, who could take over a game.  Just hard to be running routes all game and taking over when the d knows your doing it.  

Allen was undefeated against top 5 defenses last year I'm pretty sure they said before the game haha our offensive is so far from one dimensional that I think a DC preparing a gameplan against us would laugh pretty hard reading these threads...y'all have a very old school definition for what constitutes a running play 

14 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

IMO, Josh should've utilized the RBs more in the passing game. Got it out quickly to them

I finally found a take I can agree with 🤣 I think we tried to connect on deep passes too many times when short gains were there 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

If the Bills expect to carry this season with their offence and passing then Beanne needs another elite play maker on offence or teams will just double Diggs.  I would even give Brown a call because he knows this offence and was never healthy last season.

End the day close games are won with teams that have big time difference making players,  that could be another WR/TE or even RB

So how'd they win 13 games last year with basically the same team except swap out Sanders for Brown.  Well can't really swap him out as Brown hardly played last season.

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Thielen, Higgins. So then why can’t Allen get over this small hump? He has talent, today hurt considering all things. He should be elevating the players around us more than he’s doing. Is it because of Dabolls play calling or is it something else? 

Those guys are better than ours??  If they are it's not all that noticeable and how's their #3 and #4 compare to ours?  Give him a little time, Davis can become as good as any of these other teams #2

WR core isn't our problem.  Biggest issue I saw today was O line and Allen playing like he did 2 years ago, except playing like that against Steeler's defense isn't going to work.  Maybe the lines troubles caused Allen's issues, don't know?

Do wonder if Dawkins just doesn't have all his strength or speed or something back from his Covid episode.  Was it 4 holding calls on him?

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And you can bet those DCs will say well we do not have the horses to do what the Steelers did. 

You think that our O-line performance gives you confidence going forward. Between holding penalties and Josh having to throw early or getting stripsacked, our offensive juggernaut was fortunate to score 16. We sucked in the red zone and in short yardage. The defenses we play in the east will be tough. Washington, NO, KC, Tampa and Carolina all have good D-lines. 

7 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Josh did looked stressed.  Dude needs to see a sports psychologist ASAP.  NHL goalies do this I believe, NFL QBs should.  

He should also be forced to watch what calling running plays does for the offense. 

I agree brining Williams back was a great move by Bean.  But Ford is not developing, neither is Boettger.  It was more "hope" for a better OL outcome this year.  I also blame part of the OLs issues on the lack of TE passing and running the ball.  Pass blocking all game and having the DL know what your doing gives it an advantage.  

What do called running plays do for an offense against the best front 7 in football? Then you've got 2nd and 3rd and longs against a tough pass rush 

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

What do called running plays do for an offense against the best front 7 in football? Then you've got 2nd and 3rd and longs against a tough pass rush 

Singletary averaged 7.7 yards per carry.  Running, or screens, also take some heat off the pass rush, giving Allen more time.  Our OL is also better at run blocking, and not having them pass block all game is helpful.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Our WRs are fine. And I'm not saying Allen was fully to blame for the loss, but he missed wide open WRs down field not just by being off target but not even looking at them numerous times. I was at the game and I can tell you about 4 different times, when he had time to throw that Emmanuel Sanders was wide open down the field and he immediately checked it down to Beasley or threw a quick slant to Diggs. He had one play where he only threw about a 4 or 5 yard pass and Singletary was on an island by himself about 40 yards downfield and didn't even look at him at all. Allen was not the full problem today but he was part of it by not looking off the short routes underneath 

he did seem to be uncharacteristically staring down certain routes.  I wasn't aware we had that many guys open.  That's maddening, and something you'd think Daboll would point out in-game? 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Point to me another Elite season ever in His Career at any level

Let's pump the breaks a little bit here lol.

You want to say he had a bad game? I would agree with you.

But let's not panic here... 1 bad game against a great defence when his o line struggled.

If it's like that after week 4? 

Then ya it's a different story

• Agree 2

Look we never ever run a screen or draw every defense is going to sit in a base nickel and dare us to run it’s not rocket science…if Josh isn’t 1985 John Elway every week we don’t score many points…even in a bad game the guy has 325 total yards of offense…he should not have to throw 51 times and be our best short yardage back for this team to win 

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Look we never ever run a screen or draw every defense is going to sit in a base nickel and dare us to run it’s not rocket science…if Josh isn’t 1985 John Elway every week we don’t score many points…even in a bad game the guy has 325 total yards of offense…he should not have to throw 51 times and be our best short yardage back for this team to win 

Its because Daboll is terrible OC. We never run slants either. Peyton and Rodgers are the king of slants, Josh rarely throws any. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Say it again brother this is spot on. And it was the case last year I thought McDermott said they knew what they had to fix in the off season so I didn’t worry about lt plus we haven’t had a year like last year in a while. But now I’m concern I’m seeing the same problems. And I’m watching the rams and good lord I wouldn’t want to play them passing the ball 50 times.