2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

What I liked:

1. Run defense

2. Secondary play in 1st half

3. McKenzie's return work.

4. Devin Singletary

What I didn't like:

1. Levi Wallace. Need I say more?

2. The OL. I know Pittsburgh's front 7 is among the best, but our guys were getting beat too often. Ford continues to be a real liability.

3. Josh. No, I'm not saying he's garbage, but his accuracy and decision making were off today. Hopefully he'll bounce back quickly. Also, I blame the coaches as well as Josh for all the fumbles. He simply refuses to protect the ball even in heavy traffic. He looks so nonchalant about it. He can do much better there, but there's no reason I can think of that the coaches shouldn't be drilling this into his head. It's entirely mental. He's perfectly capable of squeezing the ball to his body and covering it up. He just doesn't do it.

4. Pass rush: It wasn't terrible, but the young DE's need to start contributing.

It's not time to panic by a long shot, but that was ugly. What's your list of good and bad?

Pass rush non existent and yet we’ve spent all our picks on the defensive line, refusing to add speed/playmakers.

That’s what has pissed me off.

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Good:

1) Defense (including Wallace— thought he had an okay game outside of the PI call). 

Bad

1) Going empty all game. That allows those steeler rushers to pin their ears back.

2) designed Josh Allen runs— just stop.

Question…  are you concerned by running Allen it will lead to injuries? 

The things I was worried about, I'm still worried about.  The O-line, the secondary, and the running game.

Lots of positives, though. I'll focus on those.

Going forward, the Bills need to follow the Pats blueprint:  you get a franchise QB, you PROTECT HIM.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good:

1) Defense (including Wallace— thought he had an okay game outside of the PI call). 

Bad

1) Going empty all game. That allows those steeler rushers to pin their ears back.

2) designed Josh Allen runs— just stop.

2). This. Drives me crazy. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

What I liked:

1. Run defense

2. Secondary play in 1st half

3. McKenzie's return work.

4. Devin Singletary

What I didn't like:

1. Levi Wallace. Need I say more?

2. The OL. I know Pittsburgh's front 7 is among the best, but our guys were getting beat too often. Ford continues to be a real liability.

3. Josh. No, I'm not saying he's garbage, but his accuracy and decision making were off today. Hopefully he'll bounce back quickly. Also, I blame the coaches as well as Josh for all the fumbles. He simply refuses to protect the ball even in heavy traffic. He looks so nonchalant about it. He can do much better there, but there's no reason I can think of that the coaches shouldn't be drilling this into his head. It's entirely mental. He's perfectly capable of squeezing the ball to his body and covering it up. He just doesn't do it.

4. Pass rush: It wasn't terrible, but the young DE's need to start contributing.

It's not time to panic by a long shot, but that was ugly. What's your list of good and bad?

Wonder how much #2 caused #3?  Did Allen have one eye on the blocking in front of him all day?  Do wonder if Dawkins is not recovered fully from Covid and just doesn't have 100% of his strength back?  Was it 4 holding calls?

Agree completely on Allen's lack of ball protection.  Last year he got away with it for the most part.

12 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Sanders was wide open twice for TDs. 

Wonder how much his conditioning played a factor? 

Well, he needs to catch the ones that DO hit him. QBs miss open receivers all of the time, even Brady. When it hits you directly in the hands, you need to catch it ESPECIALLY in a crucial drive late in the 4th quarter. What could've been a promising drive into Steeler territory down 3 points, turns into a blocked punt and a 10 point deficit!

Like I said before, who knows if he would've even caught it? Hate to say it, but I'm missing John Brown now. A dude who actually knows how to make clutch receptions. Sanders is on my **** list until he redeems himself.

I know it's a bit of an overreaction, but this game was the Bills for taking and everybody knows it. Could've been an ugly win, but a win nonetheless. Anyway, back to work. 👌

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What they can do is run the ball enough or at least keep a back in to play action fake and/or block to both take the starch out of the pass rush and provide help when they spring a leak.

Empty sets all day make it more challenging to pass block.........days like this........against a team that's put up 50+ sacks 4 straight years.......the OL needs some assistance from their coordinator.

this.  Josh aint Mahomes and we don’t have a chain mover at Tight End like Kelce.  That’s 3 straight bad offensive games from this offense.  Good teams take away what you do best.  Daboll gotta start mixing it up.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, McBean said:

Pass rush non existent and yet we’ve spent all our picks on the defensive line, refusing to add speed/playmakers.

That’s what has pissed me off.

Trying to add speed has left us with TJ Grahams and Marquise Goodwins. Make smart picks, not some dude with glass hands who happens to run a 4.2 40. 

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Trying to add speed has left us with TJ Grahams and Marquise Goodwins. Make smart picks, not some dude with glass hands who happens to run a 4.2 40. 

Yeah man I dunno tell that to the KC Chiefs who blew our behinds out last season. 

Speed and weapons all over. You win games by scoring more points. We lost today because our offense sucked and QB wasn’t good at all.

• Like (+1) 1

I just looked at the team stats.  If I didn't know who won the game, I'd have guess the Bills crushed them.  79 to 55 plays, 371 to 252 yards to mention a couple.

The only stats not significantly favoring the Bills were 2 TO' s though 2 isn't excessively high for a game.  What Pitt did with the one though was a back breaker.

The other one was penalties, but even that wasn't a huge difference.

The one other stat that would have made me raise an eye brow was 51 pass attempts.  That usually doesn't happen when a team wins a game (or even loses)

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Allen is 1 more weapon from being unstoppable. If this team had Davonta Smith or JaMarr Chase I’m willing to bet we win despite playing as bad as we did. 

He has more than enough weapons... a lot more than most QB's in this league. Even if he had another one, it wouldn't matter if he plays like he did today. Far too inaccurate, and even a lot of the caught passes were thrown to bad spots which didn't allow the receiver any room to move or run after the catch.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Top thing I disliked…..

Playing one of the top defensive lines…

not once was there a pass play called that used Josh Allen’s athletic ability to get him out of the pocket. Designed rollouts etc slow down the pass rush and at times takes 1-2 guys out of the rush equation. But no, they beat the shiz up out of the pocket and that’s all we did all day. Then folks blame the OL, well Daboll didn’t make it any easier.

Josh is athletic, move him around the field!!!!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

We looked very similar to how we looked down the stretch last year when we played better teams and defenses.

With that said, Pitt will probably be a playoff team and certainly has a good defense and we played like ass and still really 2 plays away (missing the early bomb and the BS call on White's int).

Regardless, the oline played like ass.

Allen played like ass.

Daboll called the game like an ass.

The punt team played like ass.

The dline played like ass when it mattered.

Big Ben played good for 2 drives at the end and made 3 excellent throws in the clutch.

0 - 1

Good reality check for these guys. We are one dimensional and have an average online ... Any game against a good defense could be a struggle especially if we get calls against us and/or miss the 1 or 2 bombs we get every game.

The defense is interesting though. They played ok. Star was out.

On to Miami.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Good

1. Gabe Davis has a nose for the end zone and will continue to take snaps in the offense.

2. Sanders is fast.

3. Singletary was productive for what little work he got. How Nate Geary postgame is saying Singletary doesn’t do enough to deserve the lead role I have no idea. He looked good early, but 1 hour into the game he has 4 carries.

4. Defense shut down Najee Harris, and even Ben gimped to 190 yards passing. Outside of the throw to Schuster, and the run to Claypool, there were few big plays by the Steelers. To me, they kept the Bills in the game all day. 

Bad

1. Playcalling was strange. The start of the game, McKenzie is in the backfield and the Bills are handing it off to him, we had some sideways throws, Allen fumbling on designed runs, a sweep to Singletary on the short side of the field that went immediately out of bounds, of course both 4th downs, especially the second one out of a tight formation.

The Bills staff lacked patience in this game. In the first half it felt like we put too much emphasis on chucking deep, and none of those plays hit. Not sure why you don’t attempt a FG on 4th-8, but instead load up for a deep shot. 4th-1 you’re throwing backwards out of a tight formation? Why not go wide and look for a Diggs out route that is constantly open?

2. Our offensive line played weak, combined with an OC that runs nothing but empty sets, there are quite a few plays that are disjointed.  

3. So many almosts in this game. Don’t take advantage of McKenzie’s kick return, Josh overthrows Sanders, don’t try for a 53 yard FG, can’t get Ben to the ground, Edmunds almost had two turnovers, Tre White grabs a WR and negates his interception.

Game that was thrown away.

4. Allen is careless with the ball running. That’s why you have running backs Dabol. If he’s going to keep fumbling like this, then mix in a few more runs. He’s careless.

exactly. I don’t mind the scrambles when he had to. But the designed runs just look like an injury waiting to happen. 

He had that one today on first down where his foot looked like it got stuck in the turf. 

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What they can do is run the ball enough or at least keep a back in to play action fake and/or block to both take the starch out of the pass rush and provide help when they spring a leak.

Empty sets all day make it more challenging to pass block.........days like this........against a team that's put up 50+ sacks 4 straight years.......the OL needs some assistance from their coordinator.

This is the one saving grace. Our defense played well and yet Daboll went 5 wide all day and let the best pass rush in football tee off on our guys. Hopefully he can do better.

However, the bad part is at times that pressure was with 3 guys. In which case there is nothing Daboll can do.

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

He has more than enough weapons... a lot more than most QB's in this league. Even if he had another one, it wouldn't matter if he plays like he did today. Far too inaccurate, and even a lot of the caught passes were thrown to bad spots which didn't allow the receiver any room to move or run after the catch.

This is a joke but I think he has too many weapons 🤣 seems like he diagnoses oh man I'm gonna have diggs or Davis or sanders etc open on this deep cross if I just buy myself another split second and passes up a lot of the underneath stuff that would move the chains in a couple games every year 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1