GreggTX

What I liked:

1. Run defense

2. Secondary play in 1st half

3. McKenzie's return work.

4. Devin Singletary

What I didn't like:

1. Levi Wallace. Need I say more?

2. The OL. I know Pittsburgh's front 7 is among the best, but our guys were getting beat too often. Ford continues to be a real liability.

3. Josh. No, I'm not saying he's garbage, but his accuracy and decision making were off today. Hopefully he'll bounce back quickly. Also, I blame the coaches as well as Josh for all the fumbles. He simply refuses to protect the ball even in heavy traffic. He looks so nonchalant about it. He can do much better there, but there's no reason I can think of that the coaches shouldn't be drilling this into his head. It's entirely mental. He's perfectly capable of squeezing the ball to his body and covering it up. He just doesn't do it.

4. Pass rush: It wasn't terrible, but the young DE's need to start contributing.

It's not time to panic by a long shot, but that was ugly. What's your list of good and bad?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Good 

Run Defense - Without Star even 

Taron Johnson’s play

Gabe Davis - He needs to be in field more than Sanders. 

Bad

Both OGs (Yes Feliciano isn’t good) 

Dawkins hoping still not fully recovered and can get there this year from COVID 

QB1 wasn’t that great at all

OC trash

HC was really bad 

NFL Officials- NFL STILL has an OFFICIATING problem. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

What I liked:

1. Run defense

4. Devin Singletary

What I didn't like:

2. The OL. I know Pittsburgh's front 7 is among the best, but our guys were getting beat too often. Ford continues to be a real liability.

3. Josh. No, I'm not saying he's garbage, but his accuracy and decision making were off today. Hopefully he'll bounce back quickly. Also, I blame the coaches as well as Josh for all the fumbles. He simply refuses to protect the ball even in heavy traffic. He looks so nonchalant about it. He can do much better there, but there's no reason I can think of that the coaches shouldn't be drilling this into his head. It's entirely mental. He's perfectly capable of squeezing the ball to his body and covering it up. He just doesn't do it.

4. Pass rush: It wasn't terrible, but the young DE's need to start contributing.

It's not time to panic by a long shot, but that was ugly. What's your list of good and bad?

People put a lot of pressure on Allen to be the next Mahomes and rightfully so w/ that hefty contract. He definitely did not play upto it, but Daboll and Sanders did him no favors.

I feel like the defense did fine barring Wallace. The field position is what did them in. Wallace is for sure the weakest starter out of the unit. I'll admit I defended him against the people who said so during the off-season, but I'm beginning to think we should look at other options either on or off the roster If it continues. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

What I liked:

1. Run defense

4. Devin Singletary

What I didn't like:

It’s hard to tell how much of the failure was Josh vs. the OL.  It’s a chicken or the egg thing.

I think the OL was terrible and while the interior always has been a mixed bag we usually can rely on the tackles.  I thought Dion played one of his worst games in 2 seasons.  Not a very good performance from Williams either.

With that being said, we are paying Allen $300 million.  He needs to be better, though…again….he had many drops whereas Pittsburgh receivers caught everything 

so much blame to pass around

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

People are a lot of pressure on Allen to be the next Mahomes and rightfully so w/ that hefty contract. He definitely did not play upto it, but Daboll and Sanders did him no favors.

I feel like the defense did fine barring Wallace. The field position is what did them in. Wallace is for sure the weakest starter out of the unit. I'll admit I defended him against the people who said so during the off-season, but I'm beginning to think we should look at other options either on or off the roster If it continues. 

Crazy thing about Levi is the he had good coverage on the PI.  He just didn’t turn his head around

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, 716er said:

Very concerned the pass rush couldn’t beat up that revamped Steelers oline. One of the worst o-lines we could face all year 

Did they really have that many opportunities?  It still looked mostly like the Steelers of last year where the low sack total they gave up was more about Ben getting rid of it right away.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, 716er said:

Very concerned the pass rush couldn’t beat up that revamped Steelers oline. One of the worst o-lines we could face all year 

Ben gets the ball out the fast in the entire NFL. Nobody should be surprised by lack of sacks today. He only had 13 last year. Do some homework. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Good 

Taron Johnson’s play

Bad

OC trash

HC was really bad 

Good call on Taron Johnson. He seems to be on an upward trend. He was especially good in run support. That 4th and 1 call was a real head scratcher and they clearly should have given Singletary more carries, and not in bunches, but peppered throughout the game.

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Ben gets the ball out the fast in the entire NFL. Nobody should be surprised by lack of sacks today. He only had 13 last year. Do some homework. 

Josh needs to get the ball out fast like that.  His receivers are much better

6 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

It’s hard to tell how much of the failure was Josh vs. the OL.  It’s a chicken or the egg thing.

I think the OL was terrible and while the interior always has been a mixed bag we usually can rely on the tackles.  I thought Dion played one of his worst games in 2 seasons.  Not a very good performance from Williams either.

With that being said, we are paying Allen $300 million.  He needs to be better, though…again….he had many drops whereas Pittsburgh receivers caught everything 

Crazy thing about Levi is the he had good coverage on the PI.  He just didn’t turn his head around

Dion is not back to full health IMO. He is still light and it is really hard to regain weight in season.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Yep, seemed to me like anytime he held the ball at all, there was pressure of some sort.  The Bills certainly aren't an elite pass rush team, but they seemed to get pressure when the opportunity was there against the Steelers untested OL.

Edited by blackngolddigger
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Good 

Taron Johnson’s play

Bad

OC trash

HC was really bad 

I'd add Milano to the good. Thought he was our best player.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Dion is not back to full health IMO. He is still light and it is really hard to regain weight in season.

Agree. I worry he is not going to look good all year. I am hoping he can find enough to be solid until he fully recovers (which could be very well not this year). 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

They got killed in all 3 phases as the announcers pointed out.

A veteran like Levi should know to turn his head as a CB is going to get flagged 9/10 times when they have their back to the ball like that. I'm not sure I want to blame him for the TD as it was a spectacular bobbled catch, but in the end it's bad awareness on his part to let either play happen. 

You can't put the blame on the line for his inaccuracy. It's pretty terrifying how much he looked like rookie Josh Allen w/ all the under thrown balls, rushed throws, and fumbles. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Why are all the WRs limping again? Why did the Oline get called for holding 4 times in the first quarter alone? How's it possible to be both over the hill and inexperienced? Besides Wallace, Edmunds again. First drive, all asses and elbows. Whistle blows to end the game, never saw someone so happy to lose.

Edited by beavis