Four plays that made the difference

Xwnyer

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah that’s right. I know there were multiple like that. The intermediate routes had 2019 Josh Accuracy not 2020 Josh. 

Especially when in his post game. Said Moss sitting was a numbers game. And then Brieda is important for ST. Then why is Taiwan Jones on team?  Also bad look when your rookie DE is inactive and you cannot get pressure on a BAD OL. 

MCD should be on a short leash this year.  His decisions on who to sit and play are bizarre, his in-game management is bizarre, and letting Daboll call horrid plays is ridiculous.  Sit your #2 back for a numbers game for ST.  WTF.  You need a balanced offense.  So if Singletary got hurt is Brieda and Jones? 

4 minutes ago, Success said:

It feels like we got a bunch of different learning lessons this game.

All good.

I'd say we got lessons, but it's like Daboll and McD NEVER LEARN.  A lot of these are the same lessons from last season, esp. the KC game.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

MCD should be on a short leash this year.  His decisions on who to sit and play are bizarre, his in-game management is bizarre, and letting Daboll call horrid plays is ridiculous.  Sit your #2 back for a numbers game for ST.  WTF.  You need a balanced offense.  So if Singletary got hurt is Brieda and Jones? 

I'd say we got lessons, but it's like Daboll and McD NEVER LEARN.  A lot of these are the same lessons from last season, esp. the KC game.  

The coach that got us to the AFC championship after 30 years is not going anywhere for a long time lmao

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Part of me hopes Daboll leaves. His play calling is a liability at times. Allen is top 3 QB in the league, there is no reason for today’s performance and I mostly blame Daboll. 

Play calling like today is likely a reason why Dabol may get past over for HC position, he is good, but he has shown over the last three seasons he has no clear idea of how to integrate the run game into the offense in a useful and constant fashion, he needs to work on this, to say the least. 

Go Bills!!!

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This game had playoff intensity and big plays here and there made the difference.  Fans will over react and find faults with the Bills but what I saw was a Pittsburgh team that was underestimated by fans.  Their OL was not good as advertised but they have great defensive players and they had a great defensive game plan.  The bills are still what we thought but there is work to do.  

• Thank you (+1) 3

Looked like the timing was off for the offense.

It’s week one, the win counts the same, but it literally tells you nothing. They should all be non-conference games in week one IMO.

This might be the best the Steelers are and this is nowhere near the Bills’ ceiling. They will get the offensive timing and the options routes locked down and they will look a lot better.  

47 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

Josh and oline was not good today, that was the diilfference.

I disagree.  Allen was good but not great today.  He accounted for 314 of Buffalo's 371 yards.  The o-line was terrible and that had a big impact on Allen and the passing game.  How many holds - 5 or 6?

As for big plays that we didn't make I'll throw out these two:

1) After the Bills fell behind 13 - 10 Allen threw a great pass that Sanders dropped.  That was a 35 yard gain we missed out on.

2) On 3rd & 3 on the drive we had that bizarre 4th down ply the Bills handed the ball to Brida and the blocking was pretty good.  He only gained 2 yards though. Most NFL RB's would have gained a 1st down on the run. We missed Moss on that play.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

OP you don't even have the four most impactful plays.

1. Missed TD to Sanders

2. Missed blocks on KO return that should have been a TD

3. Blocked punt for TD

4. 4th and 8 and they don't kick a FG

McD pisses away money and roster spots on special teams and they still cost us 11 points. 

This, right there is what really has me miffed. How could you let them block a punt and then score on it?

• Eyeroll 1

24 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

The multiple OL holding calls killed us. Mainly in 1st half. 

Allen was very mediocre all day, I really think this whole team looked liked they bought into the crazy off season hype and got punched in the mouth. 

Exactly my thoughts, I think this is the gut check we needed so that we come out on fire for the rest of the season, we came out 10-0 and thought it was gonna be a gimme and folded 

Edited by BillsBlue
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I disagree.  Allen was good but not great today.  He accounted for 314 of Buffalo's 371 yards.  The o-line was terrible and that had a big impact on Allen and the passing game.  How many holds - 5 or 6?

As for big plays that we didn't make I'll throw out these two:

1) After the Bills fell behind 13 - 10 Allen threw a great pass that Sanders dropped.  That was a 35 yard gain we missed out on.

2) On 3rd & 3 on the drive we had that bizarre 4th down ply the Bills handed the ball to Brida and the blocking was pretty good.  He only gained 2 yards though. Most NFL RB's would have gained a 1st down on the run. We missed Moss on that play.

The DB stripped the ball. Great defensive play, not a drop. If we're talking about the same play.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

The coach that got us to the AFC championship after 30 years is not going anywhere for a long time lmao

well, he might be if he can't reign in the OC and make better in game decisions.  This is turning into a 90's Dolphins/Marvin Lewis Bengals situation.  Beat average teams, lose to anyone playing at an elite level.  

3 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Many mistakes and poor execution but there are 4 plays that absolutely had an impact on the outcome of this game.  

First is 3 and 2 and we try the cute flee flicker that a great defensive play stopped credit to Steelers but maybe playnactionor a run may have yielded better resukts

4 and 1 and WTF was that play call?  The motion by the receiver pulled the DB into a position to make the play versus putting them out of position.  How many times have we seen Brady pick up that yard with a straight dive.   

the defensive holding on white on the INT all I saw on replay was a brush of the jersey 

The Pi on Wallace sure he didn't turn his head but he reply never made contact with the guy.

Not scoring 6 after McKenzie return hurt. Missing wide open Sanders too. Kept Pittsburgh in the game not converting into TDs