What exactly was that 4th down play supposed to be?

LabattBlue

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

An option. 

I think they just should've straight up sneaked it, or tried to draw Offside, or punted it. Hindsight 20/20.

I think the Steelers showed enough to stop the QB sneak.  They had to do something different. It failed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

An option. 

I think they just should've straight up sneaked it, or tried to draw Offside, or punted it. Hindsight 20/20.

Utter BS. You don't try that kind of crap in the 1st game of the season against a very good defense who is well coached especially when your offense is not in sync. 

A complete idiot should have known it would go like that. You QB sneak it with a QB who has an amazing track record of getting it. You let the QB throw a short pass with a stable of what is supposed to be the best receiving core in the league. You put in a full heavy set and ram it up there. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

I remember they pulled that play YEARS ago with Bledsoe and McGahee and it worked for a huge gain and a touchdown….I’ve seen it tried a couple times since then and it has always gone terribly 

Yes, that Seattle game, but IIRC it was a much tighter formation there.  This looked to me like an option pass.

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I think it was a halfback pass.  Seriously.  Running back was going to catch the ball seven yards behind the LOS and then throw it downfield.  Incredible.

Thought so too but after seeing the replay there was not a receiver on that half of the field. It was a “run.”

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I think it was a halfback pass.  Seriously.  Running back was going to catch the ball seven yards behind the LOS and then throw it downfield.  Incredible.

Yeah I think so too. My guess is it was a tackle eligible. His blocker was setting up to pass block not block downfield.

Just now, 716er said:

Thought so too but after seeing the replay there was not a receiver on that half of the field. It was a “run.”

The tackle Brown who lined up eligible fell down.

• Thank you (+1) 1