9/12/2021 Steelers @ Bills Post Game thread

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

I thought there were a lot of passes like that by a number of receivers.  Beasley seemed to have a few.  Yes, they were contested and knocked out (and not drops) but could have been held onto.  They need to take lessons from the guy who COULD hang onto contested catches today:  Knox.  Josh also seemed off.  Not terrible...but not his best.

I thought Davis made a couple very tough catches today as well. 

15 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Better than the chiefs super bowl playcalling 🤣 the plays were there we just didn't execute...those games happen.  I'm all for judging the 4th down gadget plays that didn't work but that could come down to execution too 

Gotcha😂

9 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

He no longer can throw accurately down field, we’ll documented last year. Folds under pressure can’t or doesn’t want to take the hits anymore. You obviously haven’t been paying attention as of late. Teams that can pressure him beat him…

Theres a pretty big difference between throws balls erratically that are in the air for 20+ yards and the geriatric patient you're describing though lol I know a certain qb with an absolute cannon that has been known to do that as well 🤣

55 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Good lord…it’s one game against a good team and Bills got no calls….punter decided to sleepwalk …Tre got hosed….and made a lot of mistakes……Green Bay is getting shellacked Kc losing at home 

Duh, it’s one game, never said otherwise. The Bills were off, they weren’t gonna go 17-0 anyway. My observations were that the ills that plagued them last season, continue. Good lord.

11 minutes ago, Nitro said:

He was scattershot today and his WR helped him out.  Ben was 12 for 23 to his top three WRs.  I concur with the dead arm assessment.

And his arm gets deader as the season goes. The last two seasons he has actually played - 2020 and 2018 - have been consistent in that regard. Getting the Steelers week 1 was a bad scheduling break. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Gotcha😂

Lol its tough to assign blame in a loss like that...plenty of drops...some missed throws.  Daboll could've called a decent game and we really wouldn't know.  We could've ran the ball more and gotten absolutely stuffed...we'll need more games to tell more but the first couple weeks are pretty prone to flukes/rust 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, MWK said:

We should have drafted someone. Probably could have found someone better for the 5 million we spent on him too, even if it was at a different position. Feliciano isn’t worth a thing. Fake toughness doesn’t make a good blocker. One of the most overrated players I have ever seen.

I agree he has always been overrated. The one thing he did have previously was power... although sketchy technique and lumbering speed. Having dropped the weight not sure if the power remains.

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lol its tough to assign blame in a loss like that...plenty of drops...some missed throws.  Daboll could've called a decent game and we really wouldn't know.  We could've ran the ball more and gotten absolutely stuffed...we'll need more games to tell more but the first couple weeks are pretty prone to flukes/rust 

I don't think Daboll did call a decent game but I agree he is a bit of a scapegoat for some. When your line blocks like that there really are not many plays on your call sheet that look like good options. For example, everyone says run more screens... you need mobile linemen for well executed screens. By the time Cody Ford has got into position to set a screen up Josh would be on his back on the turf. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And his arm gets deader as the season goes. The last two seasons he has actually played - 2020 and 2018 - have been consistent in that regard. Getting the Steelers week 1 was a bad scheduling break. 

Guess we'll see how it goes I will happily admit if I'm wrong... but when I hear dead arm I think of Peyton manning towards the end of his career and Ben is in much better shape than that 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree he has always been overrated. The one thing he did have previously was power... although sketchy technique and lumbering speed. Having dropped the weight not sure if the power remains.

I don't think Daboll did call a decent game but I agree he is a bit of a scapegoat for some. When your line blocks like that there really are not many plays on your call sheet that look like good options. For example, everyone says run more screens... you need mobile linemen for well executed screens. By the time Cody Ford has got into position to set a screen up Josh would be on his back on the turf. 

Yea a screen getting blown up in the backfield is pretty much the end of the series 

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Too one dimensional...Allen can’t be expected to do it all...we need a more balanced approach

One dimensional?  After a handful of games of this, I may agree.  One game, especially the season opener, doesn’t tell the tale.  Today the game plan wasn’t good, that’s for sure.

I’ll be honest, if a couple of those BS penalties are not called and it’s a different game.

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Guess we'll see how it goes I will happily admit if I'm wrong... but when I hear dead arm I think of Peyton manning towards the end of his career and Ben is in much better shape than that 

No it isn't that dead. But by week 12 last year his balls had very little velocity. He was fine early last year and fine today. But I doubt it looks as live post Thanksgiving.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

No it isn't that dead. But by week 12 last year his balls had very little velocity. He was fine early last year and fine today. But I doubt it looks as live post Thanksgiving.

It kind of works for him though because Claypool is an animal and would probably prefer a ball like that...our dbs were in position a lot of times and their wrs just went up and got it