9/12/2021 Steelers @ Bills Post Game thread

Chandler#81

10 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I agree with you that the entire line was terrible. I've said as much several times today. You responded directly to my assertion that Dawkins in particular looked very out of game shape and was repeatedly abused. My assertion was that he still hasn't gotten himself together from his totally preventable hospitalization because the other players on the line who stunk today also stunk last year. Dion stinking is new and therefore more note worthy than John Feliciano getting manhandled by a DT when he gets manhandled by every good DT he faces or Cody Ford being a turnstile because he usually is or Darryl Williams struggling with speed rushers because he usually does.

Moreover you responded to my post by attacking me and you're a mod. Do better.

What part of “our entire OL got beaten like a drum” is reasonably translated to “Dawkins holding penalties weren’t a problem” in your unique intracranial processing? — you think that’s an attack?

OK Bet.

We agree the entire OL was terrible today.  It looks to me as though you just have drum you want to beat with regard to Dawkins.  Go re-read the pinned post and Don’t.

Your stuff about our OL usually is just SMH because more often than not, they did a good job keeping Allen clean and staying with the play last season.

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Bills are still the better team.  They won every category for the most part.  The blocked punt was an equalizer and the play calling on offense was terrible.   Daboll low key is a problem.  Very slow to change his game plan.  No real motion, no real diversity in formation.  

I agree about some suspect play calls on 3rd and 4th downs. But I imagine when the steelers don't have to change packages or blitz at all cuz the front 4 are absolutely destroying our O line it makes it very difficult to scheme. You can't catch them on a blitz or out of formation cuz the Steelers were literally beating our entire offense with 4 guys.

1 minute ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I agree about some suspect play calls on 3rd and 4th downs. But I imagine when the steelers don't have to change packages or blitz at all cuz the front 4 are absolutely destroying our O line it makes it very difficult to scheme. You can't catch them on a blitz or out of formation cuz the Steelers were literally beating our entire offense with 4 guys.

This is they key reason that those “trick plays” don’t work. No one on defense is over committing because they’re dominating playing straight up.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Pretty good? First half maybe, couldn’t get a stop in the second half against an oline with two rookies and an old broken down Qb. You should understand what a dominant running game can do for your qb. If you are happy with what our D did today, enjoy your low expectations. Watching the Pats oline give a rookie Qb starting his first game all the time he needs is giving him confidence and the ability to succeed. Our lines will be the downfall of this team along with a OC who thinks he’s way to cute for his own good.

9 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Bills are still the better team.  They won every category for the most part.  The blocked punt was an equalizer and the play calling on offense was terrible.   Daboll low key is a problem.  Very slow to change his game plan.  No real motion, no real diversity in formation.  

Now we get a little glimpse behind the curtain as to why no team hired Daboll last year. Even though many thought he'd be gobbled up immediately. He's an above average OC who does have obvious flaws. He has no clue what to do with running backs. Today's 4th down calls were hilarious. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What part of “our entire OL got beaten like a drum” is reasonably translated to “Dawkins holding penalties weren’t a problem” in your unique intracranial processing? — you think that’s an attack?

OK Bet.

We agree the entire OL was terrible.  It looks to me as though you just have drum you want to beat with regard to Dawkins.  Go re-read the pinned post and Don’t.

I posted about Dawkins twice today. Twice. If that's a drum to beat go after half the board. If it happens that the drum doesn't agree with personal proclivity get over it. And yes, talking about a persons unique intracranial processing is a personal attack whether you choose to use 25 cent words or not. Again. You are a mod. Do better. You know you were wrong because you amended your original post without deleting the first one. Own it.

Edited by That's No Moon

1 minute ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I disagree.  Bring a te and back in to block.  Utilize differant formations to create an advantage.  I have issues.  Scheme some easy throws.  They were so far off run a bit more not alot.  No reason for Buffalo not to score more than theu did.  The penalties can be pointed to but the play calling is deeper. 

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Can someone please tell me how Ben is now broken down 🤣 I keep seeing that and there is 0 evidence of that.  Is it because he lobs passes and hits receivers in stride? I do understand what a dominant run game can do for your qb but you don't understand how much the current offensive scheme is helping our qb just because he has a mediocre game every now and then.  Also how high are you DL standards for a year that is cap reduced lol they took the run away all game...all season last year we gave away 5 yard runs for free 

He has a dead arm, he’s mostly imobile if we could have generated any pressure on him in the second half it would have been a different game. My d line standard expects a line to be able to pressure a statue playing on the road with two rookies on the line.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I posted about Dawkins twice today. Twice. If that's a drum to beat go after half the board. If it happens that the drum doesn't agree with personal proclivity get over it. And yes, talking about a persons unique intracranial processing is a personal attack whether you choose to use 25 cent words or not. Again. You are a mod. Do better. You know you were wrong because you amended your original post without deleting the first one. Own it.

Actually my first post didn’t show up so I thought it got lost and reposted, then deleted when I saw it was a duplicate.  Sorry to rain on your conspiracy parade, that’s not why the post was deleted.

You’ve made multiple posts now about a player’s illness and hospitalization.  Let it go and focus on football.

Advice, take it or leave it I don’t care.

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Now we get a little glimpse behind the curtain as to why no team hired Daboll last year. Even though many thought he'd be gobbled up immediately. He's an above average OC who does have obvious flaws. He has no clue what to do with running backs. Today's 4th down calls were hilarious. 

Inexcusable to be exact. Not sure he’s above average, too many head scratchers to be honest. Not the first game he’s fallen on his face….

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

He has a dead arm, he’s mostly imobile if we could have generated any pressure on him in the second half it would have been a different game. My d line standard expects a line to be able to pressure a statue playing on the road with two rookies on the line.

Maybe you've been watching josh allen too much 🤣 Ben has always been slow hes just tough to tackle.  I'm not sure where dead arm is coming from hes got big physical receivers that you want to throw jump balls to especially in tight coverage. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Maybe you've been watching josh allen too much 🤣 Ben has always been slow hes just tough to tackle.  I'm not sure where dead arm is coming from hes got big physical receivers that you want to throw jump balls to especially in tight coverage. 

He no longer can throw accurately down field, we’ll documented last year. Folds under pressure can’t or doesn’t want to take the hits anymore. You obviously haven’t been paying attention as of late. Teams that can pressure him beat him…

Edited by Meatloaf63

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

One way or another, this team better find a way to beat Miami. I don’t care what the expectations are. 0-2 is a borderline death sentence. You better get off the mat and get right in Miami. A game which will not be easy.

NE fumbled like 4 times and lost by 1…. But yes it will be Miami’s home opener and if the offense plays (shotgun 3 step drop every play) then it may be another long day.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

He no longer can throw accurately down field, we’ll documented last year. Folds under pressure can’t it doesn’t want to take the hits anymore. You obviously haven’t been paying attention as of late. Teams that can pressure him beat him…

He was scattershot today and his WR helped him out.  Ben was 12 for 23 to his top three WRs.  I concur with the dead arm assessment.

• Thank you (+1) 1