9/12/2021 Steelers @ Bills Post Game thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I wholeheartedly agree, but Allen was making some incredibly bad choices often throwing into 2 and 3 man coverage. He’s got to do better, got to make better choices.

Yes and it’s called being overconfident. They thought they were going to come out and do what they wanted and they played sloppy on offense. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, MPT said:

That punt didn't get blocked because the punter is slow. It got blocked because someone missed their blocking assignment and the defender came right up the middle. No other punter would have had a different outcome.

Someone? It was like everyone hahaha it is comical the punter is being blamed for that 

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I wholeheartedly agree, but Allen was making some incredibly bad choices often throwing into 2 and 3 man coverage. He’s got to do better, got to make better choices.

THIS is my take away point of the game. Too often, Josh tried to ‘touch’ the pass which allowed close DBs to close in.

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Hack held the ball Ike he was infatuated with it, and wanted to give it a big sloppy kiss… 

I’m not going to blame the entire loss

on Haack and special teams, but people are underestimating how huge that play was. Teams don’t win games when blocked punts are returned for TD’s. That needs to be fixed. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Every team has holes. Especially since the cap went down this year, which made it really tight. 

We don’t have any difference makers. It’s obvious now, Jerry Hughs will never ever get a call in his favor, he’s a step slower and we don’t have anything thing else that makes teams Game plan to stop us. We are too vanilla, to average, we don’t excell at anything on defense…

• Like (+1) 1

Here is an idea.  Let’s design a game plan where we never put a tight end on the best pass rusher currently in the league. And while we’re at it empty the backfield 80% of the plays.  

Holding penalties happen when a player is out manned. Three on the one drive and no correction.  

Edited by since79

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Looks like you were right.  You are the smartest guy in the room.

Beane and McDermott are below average at best.

they haven’t won anything yet. Rex Ryan made 2 consecutive AFCCGs. You can stop criticizing and worship the ground they walk on of you want, but that doesn’t mean everyone has to. 

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

THIS is my take away point of the game. Too often, Josh tried to ‘touch’ the pass which allowed close DBs to close in.

Funny thing was his first couple throws were way to hot, then when he needed a strong throw on a third down he try’s to feather it to Diggs I believe and it was knocked down 😡😡🤬

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

@Over40club is right. We could play 20 damn games, but this one will rear its ugly head  come playoff seedlings -should we advance to there..

The season starts to shake out around October. I'm not really concerned about what happens today. After all, the Bucs lost their first game last season and look what happened. Likewise, Steelers opened 11-0 and how did that turn out?