9/12/2021 Steelers @ Bills Post Game thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, popcornpam said:

Our punter is slow as molasses didn’t you see that in preseason. He stands there and stands there!

He also has his head down like he has all day to punt. After I saw his first punt I knew the Steelers would get to him today. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, popcornpam said:

Our punter is slow as molasses didn’t you see that in preseason. He stands there and stands there!

That punt didn't get blocked because the punter is slow. It got blocked because someone missed their blocking assignment and the defender came right up the middle. No other punter would have had a different outcome.

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Mango said:

1. Sanders should have caught that seem pass that resulted in a pint the next down. 

I thought there were a lot of passes like that by a number of receivers.  Beasley seemed to have a few.  Yes, they were contested and knocked out (and not drops) but could have been held onto.  They need to take lessons from the guy who COULD hang onto contested catches today:  Knox.  Josh also seemed off.  Not terrible...but not his best.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Governor said:

I definitely saw some growth. There were some nice clean pockets for Josh to step up into, but Steelers secondary played really well today. 

The bad plays are the Josh designed runs. That isn’t necessary anymore unless it’s 2nd and 3. Playcalling was too cute like others said.

I wholeheartedly agree, but Allen was making some incredibly bad choices often throwing into 2 and 3 man coverage. He’s got to do better, got to make better choices.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um, the Steelers scored 20?

umm not on Defense. Take 7 away. So even more on point. Defense holds a team to 16  And you have a 250M QB. You SHOULD win.  

also they scored 23 

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, Apocalypse Nuts said:

But where's the silver lining?  All this negativity for one loss?  Geez. 

I'm totally joking.  But seriously, I think this will light a real fire under their rears.  They seemed to respond well to losses last years.   Still 16 games to go. So.......

This is a big loss. This game might be a tie breaker to get in or home field. 

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I wholeheartedly agree, but Allen was making some incredibly bad choices often throwing into 2 and 3 man coverage. He’s got to do better, got to make better choices.

A couple of those were missed penalties by the refs...he thought he had an offside and a 12 men on the field so he thought he had a free play and the refs missed it two separate times 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

What makes big Ben not good enough? His most recent season was statistically as good as any other lol he had one horrendous half of football in the AFC divisional round 

You’re not wrong, his numbers were solid. I just didn’t see anything special from Big Ben compared to all the other great QB’s in the game today. The Steelers aren’t an offense that scares anyone, and he threw for under 200 yards today. We win today if we didn’t get dominated by the Steelers defense. Other teams aren’t getting that dominated by the Steelers, I guarantee. I’m excited to see what this Steelers team is all about. It’s a long season, we could take the Lombardi home for all I know. I just think we played very poorly today, and I’m not ready to credit that all to the Steelers. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t understand what you mean by “sloppy hold”

Ok, we’ll, I’m not gonna do this for everybody who’s eyes aren’t watching, but after he handled the poor snap, reset himself with no urgency encouraged by forcing his rhythm to adjust, he then appropriately ate the football.

Its one of of those ‘Football 101’ things..

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yes! See 2020 afc championship, Poe

I have thought Dawkins is good and a good enough replacement for Cordy Glenn’s best few years here. I like Dawkins but he’s not in the top the conversation with guys at the top of the depth chart across the league. 

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

What exactly did you want them to do? The cap unexpectedly shrunk a LOT. Please point to the other teams that 'handled' better?

Exactly.  I personally wanted the Bills to draft a C/G in the 2nd but they ID’d their big need as upgrading the DL/pass rush.  So that’s where the draft choices went.  

They gambled that the OL that allowed Allen to be at the top of the league in passing was “enough” and they may have lost - we’ll see against other teams. 

Heyward gave us fits last year also

• Like (+1) 2