9/12/2021 Steelers @ Bills Post Game thread

Chandler#81

Just now, HappyDays said:

I guess I'm alone on this but I didn't think Allen was bad today. He definitely underperformed in the 1st half compared to what he showed last year, but the pass rush got to him a ton. He settled in just fine at the end of the 1st half but the whole last 20 minutes of the game he had no chance. Dumbest 4th and 1 call I've ever seen. Sanders dropped a perfectly placed seam pass. Numerous offensive holding calls that brought good passes back. Allen would have had to play a nearly perfect game to win this one and I can't expect that from him every week.

The biggest culprit in this game BY FAR was the o-line. Dawkins is seriously worrying me. He has to get his conditioning back in the middle of a season. That's a tough ask. The guards were awful all game long. Someone needs to remind the Bills offensive holding is getting called this year. It is my #1 concern about the team right now.

I would agree, minus the dang deep ball. Those misses are monster game changers. He missed another 2-3 deep balls today. Those splash plays change everything and we gotta hit at least one. Our best play of the day was what?? Maybe the 25 yard run by motor at the end. 

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

12-4 and they nearly beat Cleveland while resting starters at the end of the season.  Steelers are going to roll through the afc north with all the injuries Baltimore has.

You are right, ended 12-5. Not sure about that though Baltimore nor Cleveland won't be easy outs and lets wait to see how Bens arm is after more than one game.

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

EVERYONE underestimated this Steelers defense.  I was feeling that after the Watt signing a bad feeling.  That we still don't matchup well with them my concern was running the ball but their pass defense is better.  Engram is better then Dupree.  Much better.  

It might be the best D we see all year.

Our offense has been dog**** for the last 14 consecutive quarters against playoff caliber defenses.

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Absolutely- this 5 wide stuff seems to play into what the Steelers do best. It’s good I’m not a coach because Its baffling what the bills offense was thinking they wanted todo. 

You need tight ends to beat them.  A threat from 2 TE looks

This matchup was just horrendous all around 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Let's hope next week is a rebound.

Still no defensive pressure.

Offensive strategy was lacking the screens, motion and gadgetry that gets players open. The motion and misdirection is the secret sauce.

Agree on the offensive strategy.  They seemed to know what we were calling.  They seemed to have 3 DBs near every pass.  Poor blocking, lack of execution all around.  

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You not realizing the steelers are contenders is very much on you 🤣 why should the steelers pay for most football talking heads on TV being idiots and not giving them enough attention lol they have a great roster if their oline is decent

The Steelers are not contenders.  Sorry, but they are not.  They are a middle of the road team.  You'll see...

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I guess I'm alone on this but I didn't think Allen was bad today. He definitely underperformed in the 1st half compared to what he showed last year, but the pass rush got to him a ton. He settled in just fine at the end of the 1st half but the whole last 20 minutes of the game he had no chance. Dumbest 4th and 1 call I've ever seen. Sanders dropped a perfectly placed seam pass. Numerous offensive holding calls that brought good passes back. Allen would have had to play a nearly perfect game to win this one and I can't expect that from him every week.

The biggest culprit in this game BY FAR was the o-line. Dawkins is seriously worrying me. He has to get his conditioning back in the middle of a season. That's a tough ask. The guards were awful all game long. Someone needs to remind the Bills offensive holding is getting called this year. It is my #1 concern about the team right now.

Agree about Allen. I don't know about the OL being big villians though. Its still like Heyward and Watt, two demons. Steelers D always rough.

That being said...I cant escape playcalling and that goddamn blocked punt. 

38 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Anyways, I don't like Josh throwing 51 times a game especially when our offensive line is getting demolished by Ingram and Heyward. 

This!

That Bills O line wasn't good enough against KC and it didn't improve.

Also, the Steelers who almost always field a top defense had an entire off season to study that Bills passing offense and Allen's tendency's.

Might need to get used to a long, long season if this team attempts to stay one dimensional. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Our offense has been dog**** for the last 14 consecutive quarters against playoff caliber defenses.

I wouldn't go that far.

The Ravens game was in fantastic 2020s NFL football weather.  

The Colts were a great D and we did just fine.  

Chiefs game was I mean come on.  

Our oline is average.

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You not realizing the steelers are contenders is very much on you 🤣 why should the steelers pay for most football talking heads on TV being idiots and not giving them enough attention lol they have a great roster if their oline is decent

I just don’t see it, Big Ben isn’t good enough to QB a championship anymore. Maybe they have a great defense, but people are going to find ways to outscore the Steelers. Teams that can run the ball, and play hard nosed defense will be able to beat the Steelers. They might be a playoff team, but they aren’t top notch imo. We’re supposed to be top notch. We have the rest of the season to show that, and if we want to win the Lombardi, we’ll need to beat teams who are much better than the Steelers. 

• Like (+1) 1