9/12/2021 Steelers @ Bills Post Game thread

Chandler#81

7 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

You guys act like we lost to the Jets. I've been telling people to not take the Steelers lightly, their defense is as good as it gets in the NFL and Roethlisberger is a smart veteran. Absolutely crazy for people to think the Bills were just going to come in and steam roll a 13-3 team w/ a huge chip on their shoulder.

Game could've went either way minus a stupid drop by Sanders and questionable call back on the White interception. Week 1 is ALWAYS crazy, I know the play calling was atrocious, but they can build from this. We'll see where their heads are really at next week. If they drop 2 in a row then I'll start panicking. I am no where near throwing away the season like some people here. Have a little faith. 

You are right but Pittsburgh was 11-5.

4 minutes ago, BTB said:

Wah wah wah!  Every loss is the same fan reaction.  Ref suck!   You know who sucked? The players and coaches. 

I love people who watch a game clueless of what’s actually happening on the field and then acting like they are the superior fan, when their take is as bad as possible. It’s entertaining to see fools flapping their gums with no understanding of the game.

28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Missed deep TD to Sanders.

Blocked punt TD.

Weak penalty overturned an interception.

Dumb 4th down call.

Sanders dropped seam pass.

Those are the 5 plays that decided the game. Hopefully the team takes it as a wake up call.

So a lot of people around me in the stands thought that Sanders drop was at fault for the blocked punt.

Two things:

1. Sanders should have caught that seem pass that resulted in a pint the next down. 

2. I think a lot went wrong on that punt that resulted in a block. The previous play was totally irreverent. 

extra point: totally unrelated but very unpopular in my section. Levi Wallace HAS to turn his head around. The WR slowed up and looked for the ball. Wallace didn’t do anything particularly egregious other than play the WR and ran right into. Which is fine….if he’s try to make a play on the football. 

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Chubs nails it.  I'll add the non-holding call on the deep pass to Diggs.  If Tre White was holding on the INT, that was definitely holding by the Squeelers on Stef.

The missed TD to Sanders was reminiscent of Foster's unwillingness to lay out for balls.  Totally gutless.  With the seam drop and the false start in the 4th, I am not impressed at all with "Colonel" Sanders.  

Haack hocked a loogie on that punt.  WTF IS WITH THE "THREE STEP TECHNIQUE FROM YOUR OWN 10 YARD LINE????  Two step punt there, idiot, I don't care how bad the OLE' blocking was up front, the ball should have been long gone.

AND WTF WAS THAT 4TH DOWN bull####???  A lateral to Breida?  We're supposed to be the team playing guts ball, and we go finesse when we need the 1st down.

My other areas of concern:

Motor with two fumbles, the last one OB to keep the clock running in the 4th QTR.

O-line.  Jesus.  Unable to run or pass block.  Josh running for his life all day.

Sugar Rush Josh.  Started looking like Houston playoff game a bit, but he got no help from the rest of the team.  

All of a sudden our defensive backfield looks suspect.  Hyde with a ridiculous US call (c'mon man, you're a seasoned vet, fallin' for that bull####....). Levi Wallace snakebit, and Taron Johnson issues later in the game.  

Playcalls with 1st and goal from the 8:  Josh draw for 2 yards, Motor run for 2 yards, Motor swing pass for -1 yards.  Just brutal.  You gotta go to the EZ at least once.

Zero pressure on Rapelisberger most of the game, against the Squeelers remade O-line (where's all the pregame prognosticators that we would pwn the Squeelers OL?).

I gotta stop now, I'm 130/110 BP....

That's low blood pressure after that game...:cry:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dpberr said:

Let's hope next week is a rebound.

Still no defensive pressure.

Offensive strategy was lacking the screens, motion and gadgetry that gets players open. The motion and misdirection is the secret sauce.

I don't get this take. I thought we were MUCH better this week. Holding them to sub-300 yards of offense is no easy feat. 

• Like (+1) 1

Steelers looked like crap for 2/3 of this game but the Bills just didn't take advantage of that at all. 

Some of the worse offensive play calling I've ever seen. Absolutely atrocious.

Allen obviously had a bad day, several high passes and several passes into tight coverage that had very little chance. A couple plays he was staring at his receiver right after the snap.  Losing teams settle for field goals after a first and goal.

Receivers didn't help much.  Running game was non existent thru most the game - This is still a Bills weakness. 

Blocked Punt - no excuse for that.
Way to many penalties on offense and defense.

Refs did suck but that wasn't why Bills lost.

Steelers O and D lines outplayed the Bills lines.

One of the things I was worried about was the Bills run defense and that was about the only thing they did pretty well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

I agree they all got handled. Not sure what you mean by not being in a situation to succeed. Great field position to start the game, had a lead most of the game... they just got dominated.

I mean that the Steelers have a great DL and they didn't really have a game plan to handle them besides hoping for the best with multiple unfavorable 1v1 matchups.

9 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

The best success we had was with the shorter passes but I think after the long plays we had last season Josh and Daboll were getting impatient and kept trying to force the stuff that wasn't there. Should have taken what the defense gave them instead of forcing passes into double coverage downfield

It's like Josh's ego after the big signing wouldn't allow him to settle for check downs which the Steelers were giving us all day. Deep routes weren't there today. Hero ball must stop. Our QB and OC must get smarter.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Meanwhile Cleveland player punches a KC coach in the face on the sideline and KC gets the penalty

Shoved the coach who initially tried pushing him away and Harrison had his foot caught up with other player. Deserved to get ejected but that coach should be fined as well.

16 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

We’re not as good as we thought we were 

No, just not as humble as we thought. They played like a group of individuals, not a team. We already knew they were an arrogant bunch going in. Someone better tell them preseason is over and it’s time to work. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Bingo my rear, the offensive line got steamrolled all day long and the quarterback couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Add a horrid gameplan, a lack of halftime adjustment to that horrible plan, and baffling decisions in game. 

Chalking this up to a handful of single plays let's a whole lot of people who did a real crappy job off the hook. They weren't ready to play football today in all three phases.

I don’t disagree, my point is even with all those things being the case…a few plays go different and we win.

The Bills are a good team, so is Pitt, worry long term if you want. I choose not to.