9/12/2021 Steelers @ Bills Post Game thread

Chandler#81

The best success we had was with the shorter passes but I think after the long plays we had last season Josh and Daboll were getting impatient and kept trying to force the stuff that wasn't there. Should have taken what the defense gave them instead of forcing passes into double coverage downfield

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The hurry to run the 1st down play before end of the 3rd quarter started the disaster.....

That led to the failed 4th down play and the ensuing TD following by the Punt Block. 

The team did not recover from there.

Ignoring the Pittsburg Offside on that play was a joke also.

You guys act like we lost to the Jets. I've been telling people to not take the Steelers lightly, their defense is as good as it gets in the NFL and Roethlisberger is a smart veteran. Absolutely crazy for people to think the Bills were just going to come in and steam roll a 13-3 team w/ a huge chip on their shoulder.

Game could've went either way minus a stupid drop by Sanders and questionable call back on the White interception. Week 1 is ALWAYS crazy, I know the play calling was atrocious, but they can build from this. We'll see where their heads are really at next week. If they drop 2 in a row then I'll start panicking. I am no where near throwing away the season like some people here. Have a little faith. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Bills seemed overconfident like all they needed to do was show up and they'd win.

They played better than Pittsburgh for most of the game but just had way too many missed opportunities and just stupid plays.

2 TO downs, one on the dumbest play of the year candidate

A blocked punt for a TD 

Allen misses a wide open Sanders and Diggs for deep TDs 

Constant holding calls on several drives 

Way too many dumb plays and maybe being a little too full of themself.

They are a way better team than that. It's week 1. Let's not jump off a bridge. Week 1 overreactions are pretty common.

If they are playing like this in week 3 or 4 then I might be a little concerned.

I said all offseason they weren't focused on football. Before last season, we heard about how much Diggs, Beasely, Allen, etc were hanging out and tossing the ball around outside of organized activities. They were distracted this year. So hopefully, they get on the same page.

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Disagree.  We made them look very good. They have a brand new o-line with three rookies and we still couldn’t get to the QB.

Maybe other teams will make them look good too because they possibly are good 🤣 guess we'll have to wait and see...they got away with a ton of holding though not sure if thats gonna be an every week thing 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Actually they were a big part of it, calling anything close to a penalty against us, ignoring holding and Pi against Pitt. Possible 14 PT swing taking away the interception when the call should’ve been offensive holding. Still, we made way too many mistakes, but saying officials had no bearing on this game is blatantly false.

Wah wah wah!  Every loss is the same fan reaction.  Ref suck!   You know who sucked? The players and coaches. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Missed deep TD to Sanders.

Blocked punt TD.

Weak penalty overturned an interception.

Dumb 4th down call.

Sanders dropped seam pass.

Those are the 5 plays that decided the game. Hopefully the team takes it as a wake up call.

Bingo, on to Miami

Trying to be rational and not let the anger cloud posting, but some initial thoughts...

1) While you can't necessarily blame the defense for todays loss, this was the pretty much the same defense we saw last year. Not a problem when Allen and the offense play well, but a big problem when they don't.

2) Levi Wallace is not that guy and yes myself and others who share this sentiment understand this is a fatal mistake by this front office and coaching staff and you really have to wonder what they see that we don't.

3) The entire offensive line was trash today and the guards are a big area of concern as feared. Feliciano is/was the most overrated player on this team and not sure why he thought losing 30 pounds would be a good thing. As for Cody Ford, yes this was one of Beane's worst pics here, if not the worst.

4) I really believe Allen is good, but let's be honest when you pay a guy a record contract you have to be able to hit a deep ball from time to time and simply have to be better. Also I hate to say this but he won't last the entire season if we insist on the QB draw crap especially against top defenses like Pitt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2