9/12/2021 Steelers @ Bills Post Game thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

Anybody see the final stats besides the score?

we out passed them by alot

we outrushed them

we won time of possesion 33 mins to 25 and lost the game…

what a weird game.And i wonder why Zack Moss was a scratch?

Staff likely felt that Moss was not ready to go, extra time on the injury to heal maybe, it’s hard to say obviously, 

Go Bills!!!

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

I will say the same weaknesses were there and they were exposed more today.  Wallace is awful, with the occasional play made, except none came today.  The line still is getting no pressure vs a brand new line.  The OL got it handed to them.  There’s still no RB on this team.  Annnd there’s punting issues AGAIN.  

This team didn’t come to play, they sucked today.

What do you mean there is no running back on this team?  You got a large enough sample size of Singletary to decide he can’t play??  I thought he did pretty well all things considered..

• Agree 1

PItt defense was rock solid last year until injuries popped up last season.  They are a top five and played like it today.  I thought it was going to be a tough game to win.  I did not expect ST giving up a TD nor bizarre play calls on offense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

We weren't going to be undefeated. Everyone knew it would be a tough game. 16 games to go.

Everyone did NOT know it would be a tough game. Tons of Bills fans thought we would steamroll the Steelers and predicted as such.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

McDermott's L.   Go for it Coach...Go for it. !  No,  if anything try the FG from the 35.   The second one,  punt it deep from the 50  Turned the game.   Poorly coached.   Also the PUNT TD is high school stuff.  Perhaps McDermott needs to "trust the process".

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Here’s the scary thing:  Steelers are probably a 9-8 or 8-9 team.  Probably third best team in their division.

I don’t know about that. They played poorly late last year, but they did start out 11-0 for a reason. They’re always at worst decent and usually good.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Staff likely felt that Moss was not ready to go, extra time on the injury to heal maybe, it’s hard to say obviously, 

Go Bills!!!

My guess is that they don’t have full confidence in McKenzie’s shoulder.  Breida is the backup KR/PR.  But I think they might have activated  Moss and left someone else on the shelf.

5 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I dont think the playcalling was actually the big problem in this game (aside from that horrendous 4th down call). The problem was the execution in this game on all sides of the ball. Josh was poor, receivers dropped multiple balls, Singeltary couldnt get it done when  it mattered. The special teams even decided to completely forget their blocking assignments. In the end the Bills looked like they werent properly prepared for the Steelers. This kind of lack of preparation or focus is all on Mcd and he has done this a few times in his tenure. The whole team should feel embarrassed for what they served up to the fans in the stadium. It was utter garbage!

Hard to blame this game on Singletary, IMHO.