9/12/2021 Steelers @ Bills Post Game thread

Chandler#81

Let the doom begin!

I am not happy but whatever. Allen was worse than any game last season, offense was not clicking, Daboll made som weird calls, McDermott made some really bad ones, one ST play broke our neck. Defense was fine and did its job. Refs didn't help too but they didn't decide this game.

We will get better, I am not afraid. Allen was probably too amped, he will settle down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

time to say it.  Bean SUCKS.  

—Terrible draft choices on DL

—Fails to fix a bad OL. 

—Fails to fix cb2.  

—Gets a new punter who sucks, and held ball too long during max protect. 

—Allows OC to continue crappy play calling. 

It's week 1

• Like (+1) 1

The same holes that haunted this team last year are back,holding penalties,lack of 

pass rush, corner play , punting, Josh fumbling and can’t hit long passes, tight end usage nonexistent.

let’s see how they recover from this loss!

Edited by Greatdane21
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Same problems as last year. OL struggles to protect, DL struggles to get home with 4, DBs can’t hold long enough for DL to get home. Wallace is still a liability, Edmunds can’t catch a cold (why is he on the hands team??), and the team won’t go far if Allen is off. Team is also not good enough to have 2nd and 3rd round picks inactive.

1 minute ago, bobobonators said:

Pitt made all the key plays with a little bit of luck. That Johnson TD catch was a lot of luck. Pitt made a lot of key catches. The INT that was overturned was huge. 

Overall we deserved to lose. You cant keep a team in the game like we did. We were out of sync and in a funk all game. It happens. On to Miami!

While you are absolutely right, the disheartening aspect is that the Steelers suck.  They're not a good team.  Decent defense, but that's it.  They are not a SB contender team.  They are a 1 and done playoff team at best.  That's what worries me.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

My biggest fear before the season so far is confirmed - our defensive back depth is atrocious. We can't have Taron Johnson on Mapletron and I've long wished we would move on from Levi. 

Offensive line was horrific but I think the Steelers have the best front four in the league. Of course, then why didn't we scheme around that with some rollouts or RUN PLAYS?

• Like (+1) 3