Here's to my Mom and all Moms & Dads that we have lost over the years

Returntoglory

This will be the first time in my 60 years on earth that the Bills will be playing a regular season game and I will not have my Mom to cheer them on with.

Mom passed away in March due to complications from COVID.

To say she was a Bills fan would be a huge understatement. She loved "Her" Buffalo Bills, and she showed it daily whether it was football season or not.

I will most miss the constant phone calls during the game whenever the Bills scored, made a great play, made a bonehead play, got screwed by the refs ;) , anything.

The games now will not be the same for me. 

But I know this. My Mom is up in heaven leading the Buffalo Bills cheering section along with all the Bills fans surrounding her.

This one's for you Mom ❤️ 

GO BILLS!

Edited by Returntoglory
spelling
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 8

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I lost my Mom in 2018 and we so much enjoyed not only watching the Bills together, but also college football.  This will be a tough day for you, I'm sure.  Hopefully a Bills win will cushion the pain a bit.  God Bless you!

• Thank you (+1) 2

Glory I’m sorry for you’re loss and the to the rest of you guys.  I unfortunately lost my mom on my 40th birthday.  You never totally get over it, you just think of her meaning mine rooting on the Bills in heaven with my grandparents.  I can see them at the K OF C from Lackawanna where my dad used to pirate in the games (he was the house manager back in the kelly days) with the huge dish.  Those were fun days eating the leftovers from the weddings over the weekend, and drinking a couple of Labatts.  He put a tv in every view in the lounge and would pack the place with the members and families.

I know it’s hard the first season, but you’ll end up having conversations on the porch, or in bed and she’ll hear you.  Trust me, she wants the inside in the game.

Go Bills!

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Thank you (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Three years ago my Dad was welcoming fans to their seats at Highmark. He's no longer here, but Bills love is eternal. My parents couldn't get 1 b4 they died, hopefully my children and I will...A few of them.  Go Bills!

Clyde my brother in law probably knew you’re dad as he worked security there for 30 years as he is now retired, but then a CO for corrections.  You know he’s sitting on the 50 yard line today brother.  Rooting on his team.

• Thank you (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

This will be the first time in my 60 years on earth that the Bills will be playing a regular season game and I will not have my Mom to cheer them on with.

Mom passed away in March due to complications from COVID.

To say she was a Bills fan would be a huge understatement. She loved "Her" Buffalo Bills, and she showed it daily whether it was football season or not.

I will most miss the constant phone calls during the game whenever the Bills scored, made a great play, made a bonehead play, got screwed by the refs ;) , anything.

The games now will not be the same for me. 

But I know this. My Mom is up in heaven leading the Buffalo Bills cheering section along with all the Bills fans surrounding her.

This one's for you Mom ❤️ 

GO BILLS!

My thoughts are with you, man.  I’m sure there are a lot of people who have inspired our love for the Bills/NFL that have passed away.  I’d put both of my grandfathers on that category as well 👍🏻

• Thank you (+1) 2

Sorry for your loss - great that your Mom was a big Bills fan!  Let's hope they win a few for her this season!!

I lost my mom a month ago, she loved the Bills too (though mostly because I love the Bills vs a real love of football).  We were lucky enough to spend all of last year's amazing run together, cooking food and watching the games at home.  I'll miss her cheering / freaking out regardless of what was happing :D

And hey, to all our Bills fans up there in heaven getting ready for the game, :beer: GO BILLS!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm right with you man...this will be my first game without my father. Lost him back in March after a 4 year fight with pancreatic cancer. He atleast got to see us almost make it last year, It's going to be hard but I have his ashes sitting right next to me. 

Stay strong brother.

Go bills.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Prayers to you and your family.  My Mom and I were at the 93 comeback game.  I wanted to leave. She said no.   I listen to my Mom.   She died in 2014 from lung cancer.    I wish she could see our team this year.  Sad.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1