9/12/01 Gameday Thread Steelers @ Bills 2nd Half Thread

Chandler#81

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Bad Josh too

This team will only go as far as Allen takes us. If he plays poorly the Bills they most likely lose. Today is a good example of that. The Steeler D is pretty stout vs the run. As a  result, I'm not surprised they weren't successful. However, the Bills really never even tried to establish a resemblance of a run game. Take some pressure of Allen. I'm not sure if this type of offense will be as successful as last year. It's only one game but I'm pretty concerned.

Just now, MPT said:

Sanders got clotheslined before the ball got to him. No call. Pretty evident we still have to play against the other team and the refs.

Bills sucked today. Ya the refs didn't help

them at all, but can't blame anyone except the players and the coaching.

16 points on offence and 6 in the 2nd half..

All with pretty good field position

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

This team will only go as far as Allen takes us. If he plays poorly the Bills they most likely lose. Today is a good example of that. The Steeler D is pretty stout vs the run. As a  result, I'm not surprised they weren't successful. However, the Bills really never even tried to establish a resemblance of a run game. Take some pressure of Allen. I'm not sure if this type of offense will be as successful as last year. It's only one game but I'm pretty concerned.

I thought the defense looked much better than last year and your first point may not be true pretty ticky tacky pi on Levi Wallace and lotssss of holding not called on pit too and they were still pretty stout 

Well, that was an effort by an offense that was rusty and out of sync, the D did fine imo, but the O didn’t hold up it’s end of the deal, a real wake up call for Dabol and the entire Offense, on to next week…, 

Go Bills!!!

Just now, BigDingus said:

Hats off to the defense though. They held the Steelers down the majority of the game, and allowed only 17 points with only 1 TD (3 FGs). 

If not for a blocked punt returned for a TD, we'd be in OT right now.

Defence sucked when they needed them The most. 

Great first half, not a good 2nd half. 0 punts from Pitts in the 2nd half