9/12/01 Gameday Thread Steelers @ Bills 2nd Half Thread

Chandler#81

The way Allen threw that quick pass is one of his biggest weaknesses where I hope he improves this year.

It's not just about getting it out quick, but about placement to where your RB or WR can immediately catch it & move up field instead of having to leave their feet, turn around, or stretch for it. Glad we came away with points, but those quick passes to the flats seem to be pretty ineffective most of the time.

• Like (+1) 1

That is Dabol fear of the Steelers DBs.  Has not challenged them in the red zone. Now the Defense has to force Pitt into a three and out.  DOUBT that will happen. If the Bills get the ball back, it will be a long field and little time. 

• Like (+1) 1

You can pick on the play calling, but usually a play is a 'bad call' simply when it doesn't work.  The problem today is the OL.  With very few exceptions, they aren't blocking 4 rushers good enough on passing plays, and have created holes in the running game not often enough(especially on QB draws). These OL just are overmatched one-on-one against too many good D-units.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

josh is off today, refs apparently dont know how to penalize steelers....but playcalling terrible. finally using singletary and march down the field... where is the deep play actions? where is the layered crossing patterns? why 0 bootlegs - dont even get me started on the fourth down decisions

• Agree 2

Just now, auburnbillsbacker said:

Here come the overreacting. 

I was saying that before he got the contract. I was saying that midseason last year when the talk about it started. I always wanted to make sure it was more than a flash in the pan year. Which, we don't know yet, this one game isn't going to define that at all.