Allen comments on getting too hyped up before games

6 hours ago, Kemp said:

You can blame lots of things for the loss, but your most important player was plain awful. Only one game, but it puts back doubt in him until he reverts back to the form of last season.

I am not overly concerned, I usually optimistic when it concerns the Bills as are most of the old faithful of bills fans.  So with an optimistic view here are possible reasons that would make this loss a chess move versus checkers move.

The Bills and Josh both benefitted by other teams knowing that no QB can fix accuracy, until that was no longer true.  So Josh is scary to other teams cause they don't know where it is that his ceiling is reached. Only ones that have some inkling are those that he's playing with at practices. The  coaches and teammates,  Let the doubts creep in the opponents heads, see Josh is not accurate as far all.....  Losing to Pittsburg is not gonna make the season either way and why show anything to an afc rival that might be met in playoffs.  (I know playing extremely long game with this reasoning but still possible - Bills legit have the talent to be in mix for AFC champs as do the Steelers).  Knowing Dawkins isn't up to his normal standards against a good defensive team you can't put all that on the rookie Brown just to have the 1-0 which is nice but no even close to being important. 

I like the Bills chances against their divisional foes alot better than Pittsburgh's.  So while head to head tie goes to pitt I think we may edge them out for conference record at end of year.

12 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea im in the camp of we would have gotten absolutely stuffed if we ran the ball when it mattered and that's why you saw a lot of gimmicky nonsense on 4th and short lol there is really not much in the playbook for any team when you are getting absolutely whooped by a 4 man rush I'm surprised we moved the ball the amount that we did...just couldn't hit on any of those short yardage plays and it's easy with the power of hindsight to say run the ball there  

Dabolls offense under Allen has always seemed to lack the quick pass and efficient screen game. We almost never see Allen take a quick 3 step drop, hit the top and release immediately to a WR on a slant, in, etc. 

When the run game doesn’t work we really struggle to either design or execute (unsure which it is) an efficient counter to help make up for it. 

46 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

I am not overly concerned, I usually optimistic when it concerns the Bills as are most of the old faithful of bills fans.  So with an optimistic view here are possible reasons that would make this loss a chess move versus checkers move.

The Bills and Josh both benefitted by other teams knowing that no QB can fix accuracy, until that was no longer true.  So Josh is scary to other teams cause they don't know where it is that his ceiling is reached. Only ones that have some inkling are those that he's playing with at practices. The  coaches and teammates,  Let the doubts creep in the opponents heads, see Josh is not accurate as far all.....  Losing to Pittsburg is not gonna make the season either way and why show anything to an afc rival that might be met in playoffs.  (I know playing extremely long game with this reasoning but still possible - Bills legit have the talent to be in mix for AFC champs as do the Steelers).  Knowing Dawkins isn't up to his normal standards against a good defensive team you can't put all that on the rookie Brown just to have the 1-0 which is nice but no even close to being important. 

I like the Bills chances against their divisional foes alot better than Pittsburgh's.  So while head to head tie goes to pitt I think we may edge them out for conference record at end of year.

I am not sure exactly what is being said here, but did you just suggest that the Bills may have been holding back, not wanting to show something to Pittsburgh? If so... no. Just no. That is a terrible wishful thinking take that always pops up after losses. That does not happen in a game like this. Awful take.

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Eric Wood was on Schopp/Bulldog yesterday and One Bills Live today talking about Josh's struggles with this. Tasker also said today he thinks the crowd and expectations got into Josh's head.

Maybe it did some. He will settle down. No concern

21 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Anyone remember when the Bills were looking for a sports psychologist after his rookie year? I think there was a thread here on it. 

I don't remember any reports on it. I remember suggesting it and taking heavy fire, which seems to happen any time you mention sports psychology. People tend to think it's a bunch of nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Eric Wood was on Schopp/Bulldog yesterday and One Bills Live today talking about Josh's struggles with this. Tasker also said today he thinks the crowd and expectations got into Josh's head.

i don't think anyone questioned that it happened.  it's more whether someone thinks it will be an issue that damages his career.  he was obviously too nerved up.  he can fix it.

20 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I don't remember any reports on it. I remember suggesting it and taking heavy fire, which seems to happen any time you mention sports psychology. People tend to think it's a bunch of nonsense.

Here's the thread. Wasn't after his rookie year was after Houston playoff loss. 

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/222508-bills-are-hiring-a-“mental-performance-consultant”-aka-sports-psychologist/

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/13/2021 at 7:26 AM, Kemp said:

You can blame lots of things for the loss, but your most important player was plain awful. Only one game, but it puts back doubt in him until he reverts back to the form of last season.

And Aaron Rodgers awful game signifies what? Washed up?

Fact is QBs have bad days, people have bad days at work, even preachers have bad days.

Move on.