Allen comments on getting too hyped up before games

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Allen appeared on Bills Pod Squad with Maddy Glab and Kim Pegula yesterday and commented on getting too hyped up before games and needing to calm himself down.

"When I get amped up, I get so anxious and aggressive. I come out there and I just can't throw the ball right. So I literally have to try to calm myself down as much as possible because I'm so happy I get to play football."

Many posters here have criticized me and others who have brought this up, said it was fake news, etc., so here you go. Concerns about Josh's readiness to handle a full stadium of amped-up fans are warranted and a very valid discussion point. Hopefully, he'll show that he's ready to overcome these concerns.

Why are you always looking for the negatives with this really good team we have? Literally all your posts are doom and gloom, for really no reason.

We'll find out if Allen struggles with the crowd. Until he shows a pattern, I'm not going to dwell on it. I suggest you don't either.

Try to enjoy having a good team to root for. It's been a long time.

5 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

You have been flamed because of your take on the subject and it being a problem.  He has been consistent that it takes him a few throws and maybe a hit to get settled down.  

You have constantly acted like this impacts for the entire game and seasons.  It is just beyond stupid.

Exactly. Even when he is overhyped to start a game, that is just it, to start a game. It's not the entire game. So as long as Allen doesn't turn the ball over on every opening possession the Bills and Allen will be fine. 

7 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Kelly puked before every game.  Everyone has nerves and feels nerves.  Learn to use it for good and not be crippled by it. Some players thrive in pratice struggle in games, while other don't practice and come a live during games.  

Actually someone created a list of famous sports pukers. The Bills have three on the list of 15. Jim Kelly puked before every football game and even basketball games in HS. It became a tradition… and his teammates per him looked at it as a good luck thing. London Fletcher also made the list as did #14 on the list who is none other than Cole Beasley.

https://www.thesportster.com/entertainment/top-15-athletes-who-literally-get-sick-before-games/

I think ole Jimbo and London did alright for themselves and as for Cole .. maybe that is why he gets so wide open .. what DB wants stanky puke breath nearby … lol

Others on the list include Bill Russell, Donovan McNabb, and Lionel Messi - which makes his name ironic.

Josh should work on what holds him back but the fact that he gets overly excited is not a deal breaker. I think one of the things that gives me such confidence in Josh is he actively looks for his weaknesses and tries to mitigate them while understanding that you need to balance it with not suppressing the strengths. In listening to his teammates they feed off of his excitement.. mitigate it without killing the good parts of it. He will get there because he WANTS it soooo bad.

Go Bills!

Edited by CorkScrewHill

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Why are you always looking for the negatives with this really good team we have? Literally all your posts are doom and gloom, for really no reason.

We'll find out if Allen struggles with the crowd. Until he shows a pattern, I'm not going to dwell on it. I suggest you don't either.

Try to enjoy having a good team to root for. It's been a long time.

Very nice! I like!

Giuseppe,  I don’t remember people flaming you, but I’ll take you’re word for it.  I’ve heard about him being amped up for a long time.  That’s why he told someone how he likes Elvis and other kind of calm down songs before games.

Theres a lot of players like that though.  It’s not unique to him.  Some players like metal, rap, and I’ve heard of a couple guys liking gospel music.  To say it affects his play, in year 4?  I seriously doubt it.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Why are you always looking for the negatives with this really good team we have?

Because my personality is to prepare for the worst so the fall isn't as hard if it doesn't go well. It's a self-preservation thing that often pops up in people who care too much.

6 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I should hope that I never have an absolutely terrible take and then try and beat that drum afterward. You guys are vicious!

This is legitimately confusing to me. I don't think I ever really a had a take on this particular issue. As in this post, I just reported what Josh said.

• Vomit 1

40 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Because my personality is to prepare for the worst so the fall isn't as hard if it doesn't go well. It's a self-preservation thing that often pops up in people who care too much.

This is legitimately confusing to me. I don't think I ever really a had a take on this particular issue. As in this post, I just reported what Josh said.

really?

you took Josh's comment and then added your own spin on it: (from your OP)

"Concerns about Josh's readiness to handle a full stadium of amped-up fans are warranted and a very valid discussion point."

Not sure why you are legitimately confused. Your hot take is pretty obvious.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

At least people are admitting that he's talked about it. Most posters here like to pretend it's a non-issue. Here Allen is literally telling you that it's an issue, and people still want to shoot the messenger because they can't handle anything but blind positivity.

Blind positivity is one of the greatest characteristics a person can exhibit.   

Leave us alone you ol negative nancy.   The kid is entering his 4th year in the league and has played in some big playoff battles already.  He'll be just fine.

In other news, Nasa announced there's an asteroid that MIGHT hit earth in 90 years, lets worry about that too.....

Edited by Da webster guy

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I wonder how everyone feels about Charles Davis' comments after Allen missed that wide open long TD. Said he's too pumped up, referenced the full house of fans and managing emotion. Hmm.

How badly do you need this?

• Thank you (+1) 1