Opening day food at home

1ManRaid

31 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Boil 1 large chicken breast(approx 20 mins) . Could use 2 smaller breasts if you want. Let cool, then shred chicken breast. 

2 packages of cream cheese 

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 

4 Oz of hot sauce. 

Mix all together, bake at 350 degrees for 25 mins. 

Very simple and absolutely delicious 

I prefer the large breasts, mind you on occasion I’ve gone with the small breasts.

• Haha (+1) 2

This game has HUGE ramifications in our house as the Mrs. and my mother-in-law are both Steeler fans, I expect a semi Super Bowl spread that will include

-pigs in a blanket

- fried then marinated and grilled Hot wings with Blue cheese 

- Chips and dip

-walking tacos

-Pizza

whatever is left over is lunch for the week. A very tasty reminder of the game, regardless of victory or defeat.

6 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Ooh pineapple fried rice is my favorite Asian takeout.  Not really "gameday with the boys" food for me, but maybe a future "friend is busy so I'm at home watching the game alone shoveling a huge tray of food into my gob" order...

I'm afraid to ask what that is.

Something you dip the wings into, or the wing meat as part of the dip?

It's a new product from original pizza log company that they kept advertising on WGR.

Basically like a pizza log, except stuffed with shredded chicken, hot sauce and blue cheese. 

Pizza and wings, but doing it all from home. I live in an area of Colorado where there is no good pizza. There's pizza, but it's all terrible. I think I surpassed the local options last year so am now trying to increase my wing skills.

I'm actually on here because there was a recent thread with some great homemade wing tips that I want to review.

Edited by Nelius

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

Boil 1 large chicken breast(approx 20 mins) . Could use 2 smaller breasts if you want. Let cool, then shred chicken breast. 

2 packages of cream cheese 

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 

4 Oz of hot sauce. 

Mix all together, bake at 350 degrees for 25 mins. 

Very simple and absolutely delicious 

Looks delicious. But any possible patent is dead now. 

12 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread yet for what kind of spread everyone is having for watching the game at home (apologies if I missed it, checked back a few pages).  I saw something for tailgating, for the weather, the broadcast schedule, etc, but not the everyman's home culinary lineup.

My friend and I don't have the time or ability to do anything fancy, so it's the basic fare of takeout pizza (double pepperoni party tray) and wings (honey garlic extra saucy, they don't like hot sauce), assorted snacks, and beer (Keith's for me, Bud for my friend).

I love (and hate because it makes me jealous and hungry) to hear about what you guys whip up for these big days.

It’s still too early and warm to make chili, but in a month or so, make chili. It’s easy. Beans or beanless you cant go wrong. 

So we had our pizza Friday night so I’ll give you one and you choose healthy or unhealthy route and they taste awesome.

You get large boneless chicken breasts and clean off all the fat.  Use regular mustard, and horseradish, or if you live in Buffalo Webster’s horseradish mustard.  I kind of like the former as you choose how hot and tangy you want it.  Buy shredded mozzarella cheese (I get the fat free kind).  Bread crumbs so that’s the one thing you can’t help as far as carbs.

you bread the chicken, cut it up in large chunks.  Layer with the mustard, horseradish, spread and mix, and then sprinkle the cheese.  You place the rest of the bread crumbs over the top, and then use you’re tongs and place in an air fryer.  360 degrees, and 16 minutes.  It’s healthy but freakin delicious.  Not hard to prepare.  Chicken, mustard, horseradish, and fat free cheese are all healthy ingredients.  When you take it out, you can even place them on a plate as appetizers.

The other fattening way to do it is a recipe close to it from my grade school principal at omgc.  You take the chicken and have the butcher slice it up so the chicken is shaped into wide chicken strips (like a thick bacon strip so the butcher cuts horizontally as well as vertically).  You place the mustard and cheese on the chicken and then roll them up.  Stick a toothpick through it and throw them in the deep frier.  No need for bread crumbs as it falls off in the deep drier.  You’ll see and taste the cheese and mustard ooze through the chicken in the frier.  Place on a plate with some Scott towels so it takes up the extra grease.

The second is completely unhealthy, but addictive.  If not today, try them someday, and you’ll love it.  Pm me if you like it.

Go Bills!

T-418 minutes, but who’s counting.

Edited by machine gun kelly