Are we going to be like the obnoxious and unbearable Patriot fans?

Leonitas

I saw a bunch of Bills fans on Allen this afternoon (grabbed wings at Gabes Gate)surrounding a guys truck with their Bills flags and decked out in jerseys. 

So there’s a good possibility. Ha!

Seriously though, we’ve seen some threads this off-season about Allen breaking breaking every NFL record imaginable and a whole bunch of similar topics. Unfortunately we may be trending in that direction. 

13 hours ago, Leonitas said:

If our Bills team ends up being a dynasty and winning multiple Super Bowls

Honestly with some of the “bills mafia” and “bills babes” stuff i read on twitter I think we’re already half-way there. Guess the only difference is we haven’t won anything yet.

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Honestly with some of the “bills mafia” and “bills babes” stuff i read on twitter I think we’re already half-way there. Guess the only difference is we haven’t won anything yet.

And the going after anyone who dares not grade our players as the best at everything. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

So after so very many seasons of futility, you are asking if Bills fans will lord it up when conversing with other teams fans? 

the answer is kinda 50/50 half the fan base absolutely will, the other half will be more low keyed about it, but will get their jabs in…, but in a more nuanced way,

Sure hope we get to find out👍

Go Bills!!!

I would say most of us are adjusting to the new normal of the Bills being actually good just fine. I am seeing and reading some bandwagoning from just the worst types of people online and whatever it’s destined to happen. Doesn’t mean i have to like those people.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

And the going after anyone who dares not grade our players as the best at everything. 

Don’’t get me started Gunny

It’s a loaded question as there is so much variance within any group, you can’t make assertions.  Some Pats fans are ok, some are i noxious jerks.  Some Bills fans are tried and true, and some are obnoxious.  Just go to a game.  Overall we are more loyal than many fan bases as we were selling 55-60,000 season tickets in a tough economy, tough climate and a bad team for 17 years.

25 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s a loaded question as there is so much variance within any group, you can’t make assertions.  Some Pats fans are ok, some are i noxious jerks.  Some Bills fans are tried and true, and some are obnoxious.  Just go to a game.  Overall we are more loyal than many fan bases as we were selling 55-60,000 season tickets in a tough economy, tough climate and a bad team for 17 years.

Agreed but over a long enough sample you can note some differences in “fan” attitude wouldn’t you agree? 

IMO, one Superbowl, or a couple, will not make up for two decades of getting spanked by the Patriots as they win six rings. It will not make up for the coaching and QB carousel that we had. It will not make up for all the losing seasons and the lack of playoffs and playoff wins.

I hope we're humble and appreciate knowing that the bleeding has stopped and that we finally have a great team.

3 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

I would say most of us are adjusting to the new normal of the Bills being actually good just fine. I am seeing and reading some bandwagoning from just the worst types of people online and whatever it’s destined to happen. Doesn’t mean i have to like those people.

Don’’t get me started Gunny

If “Us”  here? If so I’d say you’re correct, if the greater “us” there will be as you said a lot of fringe types that we don’t have to like…, comes with the territory I guess, 

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

If “Us”  here? If so I’d say you’re correct, if the greater “us” there will be as you said a lot of fringe types that we don’t have to like…, comes with the territory I guess, 

Go Bills!!!

yes absolutely i was talking about the seemingly ever expanding “us”, which is fine, so long as bandwagoners aren’t co-opting anything. 

• Agree 1

I like to think I’m a pretty reasonable fan. I don’t talk too much trash cause there’s not much to talk. It’s so easily rebutted with KC has owned us. 4 SB losses. One good year is my favorite. I generally just say Bills fans have suffered for decades. Let us have a little fun finally. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, cwater10 said:

Were we really too far off from that look after losing 4 Super Bowls?  At the time, nobody else in our division was even getting a whiff of a Super Bowl, we OWNED Miami during the early and mid 90's and I don't remember being shy about assisting any of their fans raise their awareness of that...  Good Times!  In other words... Hell yes!

I appreciate honesty because Bills fans would definitely become insufferable. 😄

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2021 at 4:17 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Name one Pats fan who is O.K.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.