Are we going to be like the obnoxious and unbearable Patriot fans?

Leonitas

5 minutes ago, Leonitas said:

If our Bills team ends up being a dynasty and winning multiple Super Bowls

This is quite possibly one of the last things on my list of stuff to worry about. But since you brought it up, I doubt we will somehow forget that football existed before our star QB entered the league and become blind to all evidence of cheating. 

• Like (+1) 3

Were we really too far off from that look after losing 4 Super Bowls?  At the time, nobody else in our division was even getting a whiff of a Super Bowl, we OWNED Miami during the early and mid 90's and I don't remember being shy about assisting any of their fans raise their awareness of that...  Good Times!  In other words... Hell yes!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, cwater10 said:

Were we really too far off from that look after losing 4 Super Bowls?  At the time, nobody else in our division was even getting a whiff of a Super Bowl, we OWNED Miami during the early and mid 90's and I don't remember being shy about assisting any of their fans raise their awareness of that...  Good Times!  In other words... Hell yes!

I remember hearing stories about the workers at Foxboro dreading the arrival of Bills fans and comparing it to an invasion of Huns.

The fanbase was totally obnoxious to opposing fans at that point.

The worst part of the Patriots fanbase is that they were heavy bandwagonners............very few real Pats fans existed prior to them winning MULTIPLE SB's.

• Like (+1) 5

I suppose it's inevitable.

The Patriot fanbase is basically the same one who looked at Yankees fans for decades and criticized them for being "arrogant" and entitled. Then they BECAME Yankees fans.  Worse, actually.

I don't think we'd be as bad, though. Western NY in general is just a more grounded region. I think we'll have much more gratitude than arrogance.

4 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

yeah, but people could still always trot out Wide Right and Boy I Love Losing Super Bowls jokes in response, which kept us *somewhat* in check. That said, most of us also knew that football actually existed before we got good, which also differentiated us from Pats* “fans.”

• Agree 1

No, we will always remember the path to get their and Our HC will always keep us humble and hungry.

As opposed to, "if you can't beat them, cheat them," and "win at all cost and if that means selling your soul, you do it, no questions asked."

See?  See the difference, my friends? 

And!

And! And.....

Bills Mafia means Love!  (Look it up, it's true!) 

Go Bills!

4 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

No, we will always remember the path to get their and Our HC will always keep us humble and hungry.

As opposed to, "if you can't beat them, cheat them," and "win at all cost and if that means selling your soul, you do it, no questions asked."

See?  See the difference, my friends? 

And!

And! And.....

Bills Mafia means Love!  (Look it up, it's true!) 

Go Bills!

Path to get there...  😫

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.