Bills restructure Jordan Poyer, create 2.6 mill in cap space

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Who are the best remaining CBs and DTs on the market?  I believe they have something in mind with this type of move.

I think it was just about converting this money once the player made it through training camp healthy. It was probably planned for a while IMO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Not buying it.  Emergency fund.  18 week season.  I don’t see them moving on a RB,TE, DT, or CB.

Beane’s smart.  He knows the likelihood is someone will go down this year.  He needs $ to play with now so he can act fast at the right time.  Now, before every guy they bring in for a workout, and is let out to the media, don’t get excited.  They didn’t do it to sign him.  They did it for Monday morning after a bad injury Beane is calling the guy’s agent making him an offer as they already have a workout and medical on him.  That’s the way it will work.  Guaranteed we bring in at least 15 guys this season but don’t walk away with a contract.  Proactive thinking.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 6

Time to re-snag Corey Bojorquez from the Packers & sign him to a mega deal!

I know it was a coin-toss situation that came down to the wire, but when it came to either extending Allen or resigning Bojo, they went with Allen. Only time will tell if that was the right decision...😂

But hey, we have some spare change available now, time to get our super-star HOF punter back from the Pack! 

Edited by BigDingus
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Not buying it.  Emergency fund.  18 week season.  I don’t see them moving on a RB,TE, DT, or CB.

Beane’s smart.  He knows the likelihood is someone will go down this year.  He needs $ to play with now so he can act fast at the right time.  Now, before every guy they bring in for a workout, and is let out to the media, don’t get excited.  They didn’t do it to sign him.  They did it for Monday morning after a bad injury Beane is calling the guy’s agent making him an offer as they already have a workout and medical on him.  That’s the way it will work.  Guaranteed we bring in at least 15 guys this season but don’t walk away with a contract.  Proactive thinking.

I agree with you MGK.  Also, it costs money each week the Bills elevate 2 players from the practice squad.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I agree with you MGK.  Also, it costs money each week the Bills elevate 2 players from the practice squad.

Excellent CB on the practice squad elevations.  I didn’t think about that one, but is important as you know we are going to move people up and down.  🏈🏋️👍

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It does? They aren’t signed to the 53 when they are elevated anymore. 

The elevated players got a one week minimum game check last year for being called up.

They get a minimum of 3 weeks if called up from the PS.

All that bookkeeping is done using the Dead Money section on Spotrac.

Practice squad contracts do not include guaranteed salaries, bonuses or incentives. They are entirely about the weekly check.

That said, if a player is promoted to the active roster for game day, they will receive a prorated cut of the minimum annual salary for a player with his number of accrued seasons. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-practice-squad-salaries-rules-2021/1wt851t0mlm9c1amafmqrx6dll