Wings at Gianni Mazias?

freester

14 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Unfortunately the myriad of people who don't actually have that have ruined people's empathy for those that do. 

I’m not saying you’re right or you’re wrong, but I find your candor interesting.  My wife started on a gluten and dairy free diet after giving birth to our 2nd child.  She has a myriad of conditions including Celiac.  

I’ll admit when she first told me I was very skeptical, but I have seen what happens to her when she has even a little bit of gluten.  It makes her very, very ill.  It’s a very real and horrible thing, and I have empathy for those who truly suffer from Celiac.

That said, I think there are a lot of folks who just choose to not eat gluten because it’s “a thing.”  We were at a lacrosse tournament for our son in Mass this summer.  There were about 6 or 7 families staying at the same hotel and a bunch of the parents were hanging around the pool while the kids were swimming and playing.  I decided to order some pizzas for the group because we were drinking and no one wanted to drive anywhere.  I knew my wife needed a small gluten free with just sauce, meat and veggies.  Turns out, only 4 adults out of 13/14 that were there okay with “real” pizza!  Everyone else was GF!  

Was this always the case and folks with celiac or gluten sensitivity just suffered in silence?  Is this overblown?  I don’t know what to make of this GF phenomenon.  🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Was this always the case and folks with celiac or gluten sensitivity just suffered in silence?  Is this overblown?  I don’t know what to make of this GF phenomenon.

We know a few people with gluten sensitivity not related to Celiac. Once in a great while it affects where we go out to eat, as in the case of the OP, and when preparing food for guests, we sometimes make a special dish. Regardless of the condition, even if they go GF just because "it's a thing," we choose to respect our friends' and relatives' dietary choices.

Unless it's breaded wings. WTF is wrong with those people??? 😉

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.