Wings at Gianni Mazias?

freester

Most gluten free tastes terrible but for something like wings its really about having a separate prep area coz sauce etc can easily be gluten free and tasty. Like Frank's doesn't have any gluten containing ingredients. Gluten free pizza and beer is a different story and should be avoided at all costs.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Gluten free anything tastes like crap. If someone could make good Gluten-Free wings, they will get a lot of business.  I'm interested if any wing consumers have tried it and liked them. 

GF has come along way. A lot of GF foods are actually pretty good now. Ever try a cauliflower crust pizza? Pretty tasty. 

6 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

GF has come along way. A lot of GF foods are actually pretty good now. Ever try a cauliflower crust pizza? Pretty tasty. 

Then it wouldn’t be pizza then would it…, 

just busting you, 😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Most gluten free tastes terrible but for something like wings its really about having a separate prep area coz sauce etc can easily be gluten free and tasty. Like Frank's doesn't have any gluten containing ingredients. Gluten free pizza and beer is a different story and should be avoided at all costs.

I disagree on the beer statement. I've been drinking Omission Beer for a couple years now. It is "gluten removed" after brewing, so it tastes just like regular barley (the gluten source) brewed beer.

I never knew about the gluten thing until maybe 10 years ago. Have no recollection of it growing up at all. Same with the ADD thing. I'm thinking too many fruity pebbles... and the crap they started putting in cereal and pop tarts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Gluten free anything tastes like crap. If someone could make good Gluten-Free wings, they will get a lot of business.  I'm interested if any wing consumers have tried it and liked them. 

This doesn't make any sense, the only thing you would need to do to make wings gluten free is not bread them (which of course should be the case anyway) and not share the fryer with anything else that is breaded, which shouldn't make them any worse.

13 minutes ago, buffalojedwardo said:

the world just keeps getting softer

Really?  my son has Celiac, that makes him soft?  Go jump in a lake.  Or better yet try the falls in a barrel.

Edited by Captain Caveman
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

40 minutes ago, jabu said:

I disagree on the beer statement. I've been drinking Omission Beer for a couple years now. It is "gluten removed" after brewing, so it tastes just like regular barley (the gluten source) brewed beer.

Agree about Omission being half way decent but tbh the I only drink that coz its GF. Most of the GF beers I've found are sorghum beers and not very tasty. 

27 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Unfortunately the myriad of people who don't actually have that have ruined people's empathy for those that do. 

If you’ve had your empathy “ruined” over gluten that may be your issue and not others.

7 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Special fryer ? 🤦🏼‍♂️

Having owned restaurants there are all kinds of food handling rules. Having a separate fryer for gluten free is not even marginally surprising. What is surprising is that anyone would use flour to make Buffalo Chicken Wings.

Edited by chris heff
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Other than the purity of the fryer, I can't find Gluten in any Buffalo wing ingredients.  I understand for those VERY sensitive, the fryer oil needs to be clean. But is there any gluten in Franks?  Don't think so. None in most hot sauces, as far as a know. None in butter.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.