Keith Butler threatens Josh Allen's running, we will make him pay

HOUSE

4 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Steve Tasker had an interesting take on Butler's comments.  Essentially, he thought Butler is terrified of the prospect of Josh Allen running when a play breaks down because he is a wild card you can't account for.  His comments represent an effort to try and use pre game comments to lessen the risk of Josh Allen making big plays with his legs.  

in that case Butler is playing checkers  :)
When i 1st read the quotes ? I was furious that a Coach could speak like that. Almost calling a for a shot to Allen if he thought about running. Very uncool very small minded

Josh and Daboll will just destroy him/them with his arm and smarts anyways.

Bet Feliciano is stoked and chewing lotsa gum already

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, letsgoteam said:

The only reason I could see a Coach saying this is to "trick/dare" him into running more? On the other hand, when you have such competitive high level players that get motivated/fired up by even the smallest of comments, why would you give a star player any reason to be more fired up.

Desperation.

31 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

in that case Butler is playing checkers  :)
When i 1st read the quotes ? I was furious that a Coach could speak like that. Almost calling a for a shot to Allen if he thought about running. Very uncool very small minded

Josh and Daboll will just destroy him/them with his arm and smarts anyways.

Bet Feliciano is stoked and chewing lotsa gum already

Josh is known for his accuracy and fast, hard throws.

One of the throwaways will be very poorly thrown and hit Butler.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Anyone tries to injure Josh must be made an example of. All bets are off especially with a piece of excrement who threatens a great player and a great person like Josh. 

I’ll ***** in my hand and throw it at Butler.

Who’s with me?

15 hours ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.087c8e93be9f7400dc6f2357859e7e6f.png

Tim Benz | Friday, Sept. 10, 2021 5:51 a.m.

Steelers Defensive coordinator Keith Butler on Josh Allen: 'There's a price to pay' for QBs who 'want to be treated like a running back'

I asked Butler whether his defenders have braced themselves for Allen to finish his rushing attempts like a running back.

“I hope he does try to finish his runs like a running back. We’ll treat him like a running back. If he wants to be treated like a running back, we’ll do that, too,” Butler said.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-keith-butler-on-josh-allen-theres-a-price-to-pay-for-qbs-who-want-to-be-treated-like-a-running-back/

Cool story, Bro.  

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, HOUSE said:

The reason you don't see old fat Ben running anymore is the fact he gets winded jogging onto the field ;)

The guy is fatter than some of his linemen ;)

If he had to run for his life......he would be....fill in the blank ;)

Back to the topic.....Josh handles LB's easily with a stiff arm is faster than every D lineman they have and corners fear for their lives hoping he runs out of bounds :)

16 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

what he said was — Ben is old and slow. 

obviously when a QB is a running “he shall be treated as a runner” until he slides 

Captain Obvious says hello 

While never a running QB Ben was much more mobile when he was younger. That is obvious. But even when younger and faster he was never in Allen's class as a runner. Not even close. He could always take a big hit though and probably still can. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/10/2021 at 10:11 AM, HOUSE said:

image.png.087c8e93be9f7400dc6f2357859e7e6f.png

Tim Benz | Friday, Sept. 10, 2021 5:51 a.m.

Steelers Defensive coordinator Keith Butler on Josh Allen: 'There's a price to pay' for QBs who 'want to be treated like a running back'

I asked Butler whether his defenders have braced themselves for Allen to finish his rushing attempts like a running back.

“I hope he does try to finish his runs like a running back. We’ll treat him like a running back. If he wants to be treated like a running back, we’ll do that, too,” Butler said.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-keith-butler-on-josh-allen-theres-a-price-to-pay-for-qbs-who-want-to-be-treated-like-a-running-back/

I read this when it first came out and thought, "How low-class."   

And what was the point of saying this stuff.  I can't imagine the violent words will change the game in any meaningful way.  I don't think Steeler players are going to tackle harder because their DC talks tough.  And I don't think Allen will be any more reluctant to run when he hears these quotes. 

So I guess the point is to show the public what a badass he is.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo ill said:

How are the coach's statements anything other than captain obvious remarks?  Of course a defense will try to hit a qb as hard as they can.  This is hardly bulletin board material.

Then why did he feel the need to say it , and repeat it ?

It's bulletin board material. Ask the O line, especially Jon Feliciano if he read it   LOL

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

The reason you don't see old fat Ben running anymore is the fact he gets winded jogging onto the field ;)

The guy is fatter than some of his linemen ;)

If he had to run for his life......he would be....fill in the blank ;)

Back to the topic.....Josh handles LB's easily with a stiff arm is faster than every D lineman they have and corners fear for their lives hoping he runs out of bounds :)

In the clips I saw of the Steelers preseason game, it looked to me as though Ben had slimmed down a bit and was considerably more mobile

If he had to run for his life, he would be lumbering like Lee Smith.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/10/2021 at 9:56 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yep, thanks for the bulletin board material

Watch first play of the game Allen with a 15 yard scamper around the right side and then dips outta bounds before he gets hit…..

6 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Then why did he feel the need to say it , and repeat it ?

It's bulletin board material. Ask the O line, especially Jon Feliciano if he read it   LOL

Keith Butler is an ### hole… Who in the #### does he think  he is….

• Agree 1