Keith Butler threatens Josh Allen's running, we will make him pay

HOUSE

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

Agree. Imagine the bench clearing baseball fight that would erupt if they cheapshotted Josh lol.

Hell, the stands might empty too.   😳

3 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Sounds like a guy that may be worried about his job.  Defense is going to have to carry their team this year and he may realize that they are probably not up to that challenge.  Threats and intimidation rarely works with professional athletes.  It is usually a sign of uncertainty or desperation.

Indeed.  I'm so glad our coaches are all about doing their jobs by preparing their players for the current opponents and not trying to intimidate the opposing players.  Frankly that's pretty telling that he doesn't fully trust his players can get the job done so he's trying to intimidate Josh.   We'll see on Sunday how well that strategy works.  

I'm not overly concerned because I truly expect the league will not sit back and let liberties be taken against Josh.  And you can certainly bet the entire team will have Josh's back.  And that just wouldn't be pretty for the Steelers.  

This kind of reminds me of the 49ers game when even the announcers were saying things like "we haven't seen Josh Allen run yet".  I guess even announcers don't always do their homework.  Josh is clearly a throw first QB (stats don't lie), and while he will definitely take off if he needs to, he clearly has progressed in the "trust your receivers" department enough that he still defaults to getting those guys the ball before bailing.

3 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

Fool still thinks Josh is a run-first quarterback. Shame on him!

Exactly…Steelers fans be like uh-oh, somebody’s been missing film study time on our coaching staff! But hey, can’t be mad if he’s eating a half-off dinner special by 4:30 and lights out by 7, only so many hours in the day! 

31 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Exactly…Steelers fans be like uh-oh, somebody’s been missing film study time on our coaching staff! But hey, can’t be mad if he’s eating a half-off dinner special by 4:30 and lights out by 7, only so many hours in the day! 

I also suspect something like this occurred.

Butler:  ok in this situation I want you a safety blitz on Josh Allen.

Minkah Fitzpatrick: me and who else?  I can't take Allen 1 on 1.

Butler:   I'll take care of his possibly running away from you, no worries.

MF:   You aren't listening.  I'm not gonna risk getting hurt by him if I try to go helter shelter on him. I wanna stay healthy to earn what I'm worth on my 2nd contract like TJ did.

Josh Allen making defensive players choose business decisions since 2021?   I'm going with 2021 as the start since now he's the 258 million dollar  man. 

.  And as he's a fellow employee I think there is more respect amongst the upper talent in the league. Neither minkah or Josh want to do damage to their NFL affiliation which is what provides them their excellent livelihoods.

Why I expect this type of rhetoric from coaches especially only a coordinator could even backfire and Butler finds he's deciding what college is best  for his next gig not for his children's education.

Edited by AuntieEm
Added content

What’s that very old saying…. Hmmm…. Ah yes. What goes around, comes around…,  careful what you wish for there, Keith Butler.

3 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

I've never ever seen Ben run like Josh either. If he could he'd maybe run more often.

what he said was — Ben is old and slow. 

obviously when a QB is a running “he shall be treated as a runner” until he slides 

Captain Obvious says hello 

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.087c8e93be9f7400dc6f2357859e7e6f.png

Tim Benz | Friday, Sept. 10, 2021 5:51 a.m.

Steelers Defensive coordinator Keith Butler on Josh Allen: 'There's a price to pay' for QBs who 'want to be treated like a running back'

I asked Butler whether his defenders have braced themselves for Allen to finish his rushing attempts like a running back.

“I hope he does try to finish his runs like a running back. We’ll treat him like a running back. If he wants to be treated like a running back, we’ll do that, too,” Butler said.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-keith-butler-on-josh-allen-theres-a-price-to-pay-for-qbs-who-want-to-be-treated-like-a-running-back/

I mean, it's not that controversial, really. 

I'm sure all of the Bills coaches are beating the "Best Ability is Availability" drum with Josh and that some of the older, wiser players have taken up the Lee Smith mantle of telling Josh to "Get down!  Get down!", for just that reason.

It's kind of a stupid thing for a defensive coach to say to the media, though.

And of course, if the defensive players are too fired up by their coaches words and get penalized for a late hit on a QB who has "given himself up", it will work against him.

2 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Mongo would do some badass thing for sure. 

Santa Maria.  Hit Josh Bad.  Mongo Good.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bVpypcLbbIE&feature=share

I thought Tasker made a good point today in that he basically was saying he doesn’t want Josh to run so makes a dumb threat as they know how dangerous Josh is when he runs.