Star is OUT for Steelers game

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed…. And the dude adds absolutely nothing to the pass rush. He’s a turd.

I think he's being what they wanted him to be: a pass disruptor, clean-up run defender, good communicator, and defensive captain.

He doesn't need big DTs in front of him. He needs a pass rush. They'll help him out with a run blitz every once in a while. If he plays at the line, he can be adequate (remember the goal line stuff against the 49ers?) He's not above-and-beyond what they wanted, which I'm sure is partly why they're waiting on a contract extension, but he’s at least what they expected. This year will be huge.

6 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Idk man, can't he just throw some duct tape on it and get his ass out there? 

The 3 Ds...

Rub some dirt on it.

Wrap it up in duct tape.

Take these drugs.

Guaranteed to get you back on the field in no time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Pass rushing in college is alot different than pass rushing in the NFL  

He is definitely quick but his actual rush moves leaves alot to be desired and he's a 2 down player rn in the NFL  

He can refine alot of technique which is huge for a big man

Even granting that he's only a 2-down player, which remains to be seen: a disruptive, penetrating 2-down player who needs a bit of coaching to refine technique?  May be just me, but sign me up.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I was worried it would be too much of a stretch to make this news about how Edmunds sucks but I shouldn’t have been

But can we push it towards how terrible Knox is? And then to Ertz?

Now that would be a feat.

Guys....if we can't stop the run because Star sucks and he's a wimp, and Edmunds sucks, then the Steelers are gonna run all over us get a big lead, so we'll need to pass more and we'll obviously have to rely on Knox at that point, who sucks and can't catch a cold, so Beane's a wizard but he's failed to address tight end and we need Ertz and why isn't a deal done yet???

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Patience said:

Even granting that he's only a 2-down player, which remains to be seen: a disruptive, penetrating 2-down player who needs a bit of coaching to refine technique?  May be just me, but sign me up.  

I don't think he's a bad prospect by any means 

If he could refine his technique a bit, and get his conditioning up he can be a force 

Learn some speed to power moves and that can take his game next level

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't think he's a bad prospect by any means 

If he could refine his technique a bit, and get his conditioning up he can be a force 

Learn some speed to power moves and that can take his game next level

Sign me up!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Star Injured his calf running towards the buffet line.

Wanted to make sure Kelvin Benjamin wasn't hogging it all?

I keep laughing at how much a lot of TBD is counting on Star to make a lot of other highly drafted defensive players better..... Hoping for good things from Phillips/ Zimmer/Butler....

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Could be wrong but I don’t think they want him to make little to no impact plays game in and game out and allow QBs to have a 100+ passer rating against him…. Either way, this threads about Star being out Sunday. Won’t make one iota of a difference in the game. 

Oh good, glad to see you're back on track 😄

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

That still doesn't mean reaching for players is a good idea

This kid's going to be available after the first round 

So if we trade up and take him in the first round its technically not a good idea.. because you're going to be able to get him after

I was talking to somebody who said they would give up the house for somebody like this... You won't have to give up the house

I don't think Beane would overpay for a player he feels fits what we need.  With the scouting staff he put together I think they do a fantastic job of getting the right players that fit in and at the right costs in terms of draft capital.

Yes, there have been some incorrect picks but no gm will hit on every pick.   Zay Jones comes to mind.   Seems Beane learns from past mistakes and miscalculations.

All I'm saying is if a draftee is deemed to be exactly what the team needs and everything screams to him that a player needs to be a Buffalo Bill then he has that luxury as the team is pretty solidly built all around IMHO.  In the 90's I never was upset at the lack of early picks.  Sure there was talent I wish we could have drafted but some wouldn't have had a way to win a spot on those teams.  

5 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Very annoying. But, to keep things in perspective, didn’t have him all last year and went 13-3. Would love to have him, but it is what it is. Having him or not was never going to decide this game. 

You're probably right but we definitely won't know until we see the Dline hold up vs Najee.  He's 6'2, 230 and Ben runs a nice play action which will keep us guessing on pass vs run.  Getting a big lead will help keep them passing in the 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

You're probably right but we definitely won't know until we see the Dline hold up vs Najee.  He's 6'2, 230 and Ben runs a nice play action which will keep us guessing on pass vs run.  Getting a big lead will help keep them passing in the 2nd half.

Ben doesn't like running play action, in fact they are one of the lowest percentage play action teams in the league.

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

There you are, our resident weather vane pointing in the exact wrong direction at all times.

Star’s opt out last year froze his salary and limited their flexibility.  He sat out and didn’t even get vaccinated!  Now he’s back but has a soft tissue boo boo and is once again clogging up space - under the salary cap, not on the field.  On a per-dollar basis no one has been worse for the Bills than Star over the past three years.  No one.

I agree, but to be fair, he did make a home workout video.

Trending in the right direction?

Well, we still have our offensive machine in place, and I am hoping Horrible Harry's knees hold up with the strain of the extra pounds he put on to better anchor the middle.

Go Bills!

Edited by WideNine
  • Haha (+1) 1