Star is OUT for Steelers game

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

There you are, our resident weather vane pointing in the exact wrong direction at all times.

ย 

Starโ€™s opt out last year froze his salary and limited their flexibility. ย He sat out and didnโ€™t even get vaccinated! ย Now heโ€™s back but has a soft tissue boo boo and is once again clogging up space - under the salary cap, not on the field. ย On a per-dollar basis no one has been worse for the Bills than Star over the past three years. ย No one.

He has to be frustrating McDermottย 

• Like (+1) 1

Star improves the team. I get annoyed when people compare him to Vea. It's like comparing Oliver to Donald. Boohoo. Stop crying, support your team.

ย 

ย What I will say is that he hasn't been a dependable guy. It does annoy me that he opted out then didn't get vaccinated. It does annoy me that McD and Beane have moreย  loyalty for former players than they should.

• Like (+1) 4

So the guy has basically a year and a half to prepare for this game and he misses it for a calf injury?ย  He is soft and doughy unless it is a full tear.ย  Great players play hurt.ย  Ready to see this mistake cast off to the curb and move on with a quality NT.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Seoulofstone said:

Star improves the team. I get annoyed when people compare him to Vea. It's like comparing Oliver to Donald. Boohoo. Stop crying, support your team.

ย 

ย What I will say is that he hasn't been a dependable guy. It does annoy me that he opted out then didn't get vaccinated. It does annoy me that McD and Beane have moreย  loyalty for former players than they should.

ย 

IMO, you cant count COVID year as him not being dependable. He made a health/business decision, that was what it was.ย 

ย 

He is missing his first ever game as a Bill on Sunday. otherwise he has started in every game that hes been on the roster. That is THE DEFINITION of dependable.ย 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

There you are, our resident weather vane pointing in the exact wrong direction at all times.

ย 

Starโ€™s opt out last year froze his salary and limited their flexibility. ย He sat out and didnโ€™t even get vaccinated! ย Now heโ€™s back but has a soft tissue boo boo and is once again clogging up space - under the salary cap, not on the field. ย On a per-dollar basis no one has been worse for the Bills than Star over the past three years. ย No one.

The soft tissue boo boo made me laugh out loud

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

He took a real beating at home...you know...cutting the lawn, cleaning the garage..etc

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

He must be exhausted from his last played game 2 years ago. Never fails, once most players get paid, their level of motivation and production drops. You can set your watch to it. Draft a DT early next year.

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Edmunds better bring his Chris Kelsay lunch bucket to work on Sunday because he is going to be busy.

Busy getting drowned in the wash.

• Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

ย 

IMO, you cant count COVID year as him not being dependable. He made a health/business decision, that was what it was.ย 

ย 

He is missing his first ever game as a Bill on Sunday. otherwise he has started in every game that hes been on the roster. That is THE DEFINITION of dependable.ย 

ย 

ย  I like Star. I remember him making a stop on fourth and short in the playoffs against the Texans.

ย  The issue I have is that after taking the year off (a year when he.could have made a difference), he gives the lie to that by not getting vaccinated. That doesn't engender sympathy from anyone. Either play or retire.

ย He skips voluntary workouts, is conspicuous by his absence, barely plays in preseason. Now misses the first game.

ย  The Bills have a lot invested in him and his absence creates a domino effect on what other players responsibilities are on the DLine.ย 

ย  As far as what he did two years ago well that's what it is. On the one hand he doesn't get enough credit but on the other he is highly paid for his position so it's reasonable to have expectations. But he needs to show up this year.

I don't have time for giving him a free pass.

Edited by Seoulofstone
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

7 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

ย 

ย  I like Star. I remember him making a stop on fourth and short in the playoffs against the Texans.

ย  The issue I have is that after taking the year off (a year when he.could have made a difference), he gives the lie to that by not getting vaccinated. That doesn't engender sympathy from anyone. Either play or retire.

ย  The Bills have a lot invested in him and his absence creates a domino effect on what other players responsibilities are on the DLine.ย 

ย  As far as what he did two years ago well that's what it is. On the one hand he doesn't get enough credit but on the other he is highly paid for his position so it's reasonable to have expectations. But he needs to show up this year.

I don't have time for giving him a free pass.

ย 

I don't see his vaccination status being related to taking a year off due to the uncertainty surrounding COVID. It is possible to not want to catch covid but also not being sold on the effects of the vaccine. Also, "Catching covid" was not the only reason for players sitting last year out.ย 

Edited by PaattMaann
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

welcome to Star's replacementย 

ย 

https://georgiadogs.com/sports/football/roster/jordan-davis/5423

ย 

Would love it, but doubtful he is still there at #32.

ย 

If the rest of his season goes like last Saturday, he could be top-10.

ย 

ย 

Edited by DrDawkinstein

51 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Tremaine Edmunds and the Bills need a Vita Vea. I wouldโ€™ve targeted Quinton Bohanna late in last years draft. Thereโ€™s Jordan Davis and Travis Jones in upcoming draft though

I really liked Alim McNeill out NC State last year grrrrrrrrr. LOL mind as well go get our fat IDL next year

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

ย 

I don't see his vaccination status being related to taking a year off due to the uncertainty surrounding COVID. It is possible to not want to catch covid but also not being sold on the effects of the vaccine. Also, "Catching covid" was not the only reason for players sitting last year out.ย 

ย 

ย That's fine. I'm really not interested in making this a covid discussion. How about this. He takes up a lot of cap space for a 1 tech and plays in the center of the trenches. His absence whatever the reason wasn't planned for and has repurcussions. He isn't liked by the fanbase. This will be the 20th consecutive game he has been absent. Not blame laying. But he needs to get himself right and be on the field. I hope he does.

Edited by Seoulofstone