Josh Allen - Top Selling Jersey in the NFL

BigDingus

1. Josh Allen

2. Mac Jones (how...)

3. Tom Brady

4. Justin Fields

5. Patrick Mahomes

I know it doesn't mean much, but it still feels wild that there's a guy on the Bills who is popular enough to top everyone else in the league in jersey sales. 

That's when you know you've crossed beyond just your own team's fans & into the mainstream. Maybe I'll finally start seeing some Bills memorabilia making its way into local stores out here in West Texas. 

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

How is Mahomes not higher than both Jones and Fields?

And I can't stand the guy, but I can't believe for a second that anybody is buying more Jones jerseys than Brady jerseys. They're probably still buying more Brady jerseys in Boston.

Edited by Nelius

3 minutes ago, Wyobills89 said:

It's top jersey sales sense Aug 1. I'm sure after cam got released and Mac had an ok preseason game sales went up. Wonder how it will change after the first week of the season. It is cool that Allen is number 1 though.

Ah that's it, always a disclaimer. Didn't even see it at first. Enjoy it Mac, I can't imagine you'll be top 20 by Week 4 or so.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

Im from Erie, PA... I remember 5 years ago going to a Bills game with my Redskins fan buddy and he wanted to buy some gear for the game as he likes the Bills and didn't want to be that weirdo wearing gear unrelated to the game you are at. Nowhere in Erie sold any. I just went to Wegmans today and it's Bills everything everywhere. Love it. Must really piss off the Squeelers bandwagoners here.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Nelius said:

And I can't stand the guy, but I can't believe for a second that anybody is buying more Jones jerseys than Brady jerseys. They're probably still buying more Brady jerseys in Boston.

Simple. Because most Chiefs fans who want a Mahomes jersey will already have one. Mac Jones is new

Edited by Mountain Man
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't think it's an accident that his Jersey sales are surging mainly after signing the big extension.  I don't know about the rest of you, but my closet is littered with failed Bills Jersey purchases of what turned out to be temporary Bills employees.  (McCoy, Spiller, hell I have a Travis Henry jersey!)

It's nice to know we will have him for the long term

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, hmsmystic said:

I don't think it's an accident that his Jersey sales are surging mainly after signing the big extension.  I don't know about the rest of you, but my closet is littered with failed Bills Jersey purchases of what turned out to be temporary Bills employees.  (McCoy, Spiller, hell I have a Travis Henry jersey!)

It's nice to know we will have him for the long term

Realistically 95% of players are temporary employees 

Very few are 10 year guys like Kyle Williams or Jerry Hughes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe a lot of his fans already own Mahomes jerseys

Yeah agreed, but I think it's more so the 8/1 start date than anything, which I missed at first. Yeah people already have Mahomes jerseys, but between kids, gifts, bandwagon fans, international sales, etc, I got to assume Mahomes is selling way more jerseys than Mac Jones during any regular timeline. There's no way Mac Jones or even Fields for that matter sell more jerseys than the other 3, or two handfuls of other players, over the course of the season. 

Also a lot of this is me completely dismissing Mac Jones. And the fact that I rarely meet Patriots fans in the wild. Who in the world is buying a Mac Jones jersey.

Edited by Nelius

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

they were already purchased?

lol

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

Jones jerseys sold out in 10 minutes after Newton was cut. Still not in stock.

Given the size of our local market, I suspect this is indicative of a growing national fan base, or all those fans who went on to cheer for other teams after the 4 falls era, are coming back to the wagon. The more the merrier I say!

22 minutes ago, Maynard said:

That’s awesome. Still haven’t bought one yet. Don’t wanna jinx anything this season. Got a closet full of wasted ones.

Bought one before last year! Good timing!

25 minutes ago, Maynard said:

That’s awesome. Still haven’t bought one yet. Don’t wanna jinx anything this season. Got a closet full of wasted ones.

That is the EXACT same reason I haven't got one! 😂

I'm not kidding, every time I think I can't go wrong, something happens. The last jersey of an active player I bought was Marcel Dareus. Young, talented, pro-bowler, signed a huge extension, NFL top 100 player, what could go wrong?

Yeah... about that.

So until we win that Super Bowl, I think I'll just hold off. Us Bills fans are a superstitious bunch after all.