TJ Watt signs mega deal with Steelers

YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

That's a lot of money to pay someone to get stoned by Daryl Williams for 60 minutes.

Funny you bring this up. I've watched that game a few times and noticed that on pass plays where TJ would rush, Darryl would begin to come out of his stance simultaneously with the hike of the football putting him in perfect position to fend off TJ away from Josh. Advantage Williams because he obviously knows when the ball gets snapped and Watt doesn't. The game being in Buffalo will allow him to do the same because there's no opposing crowd noise. Hope the refs don't decide to start calling offside.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Funny you bring this up. I've watched that game a few times and noticed that on pass plays where TJ would rush, Darryl would begin to come out of his stance simultaneously with the hike of the football putting him in perfect position to fend off TJ away from Josh. Advantage Williams because he obviously knows when the ball gets snapped and Watt doesn't. The game being in Buffalo will allow him to do the same because there's no opposing crowd noise. Hope the refs don't decide to start calling offside.

Yeah, they called a false start on Williams once for that. He gets out of his stance immediately.

They didn't need to double team what at all in pass pro (maybe once) but in the run game successfully trapped him with Boettger and double teamed him with Williams/Knox.

Good for him I guess.  There is no way he or any other than player at that position is worth that.  We will see how many games he wins for them over the next few years while they are paying their post Ben QB the veteran minimum. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

There goes us trading for him:cry:

47 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

i was actually hoping that watt would hold out and it would all become a dumpster fire....too bad.

Or get traded to us week 2

29 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

happy for him and al familia - but the highest paid d player ???  Donald, Bosa are better for sure maybe both the Bosas ?  Dont think I'd pay a CB that kind of money nor a LB like Mack either...

Uh, they are all tied for 1st place except Donald

• Vomit 1